Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

Tanglefoot47
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 18, 2013 15:37 |  #556

Man this has been going on and on I look at the site from time to time always unavailable

sponsored links
andrewjy
38 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 18, 2013 22:51 |  #557

gakoenig wrote in post #15617921 (external link)
Just before the MkII launches, we will be offering an upgrade special for MkI owners that will include a set of Secure Links and the ARCA plate. Watch our twitter/FB/website (and I am sure someone will post about it here).

Hi, been following along and am very excited to hear about the pending Mk II.

Just to clarify the upgrade offer for the MkI owners: what if we are interested in getting a complete Mk II Cinch and not the upgrade parts alone?

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Feb 19, 2013 07:21 |  #558

andrewjy wrote in post #15626002 (external link)
Hi, been following along and am very excited to hear about the pending Mk II.

Just to clarify the upgrade offer for the MkI owners: what if we are interested in getting a complete Mk II Cinch and not the upgrade parts alone?

Then buy a new one. That's what I plan on doing. ;)

Alex
Gear List
Feedback
Photography (external link)

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 19, 2013 07:37 |  #559

Morning folks, how about a little bit of old Luma-pr0n to brighten everyone's morning? :p

That's 2x mk1 Loop's, 2x mk2's, a mk1-->mk2 upgrade kit, and a Loopit. Can't get enough of that pre-BR-destroyed-everything goodness.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My Gearlist

i-G12
Wat?
1,805 posts
Gallery: 110 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 19, 2013 08:18 |  #560

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15626822 (external link)
Morning folks, how about a little bit of old Luma-pr0n to brighten everyone's morning? :p

That's 2x mk1 Loop's, 2x mk2's, a mk1-->mk2 upgrade kit, and a Loopit. Can't get enough of that pre-BR-destroyed-everything goodness.

lol...I'm sure that makes sense to somebody but I have no idea what yo're talking about. :o

andrewjy
38 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 19, 2013 08:41 |  #561

lehmanncpa wrote in post #15626788 (external link)
Then buy a new one. That's what I plan on doing. ;)

Well I'm hoping that Luma will give the people who bought the MkI version a discount if they buy the MkII version!

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Feb 19, 2013 08:44 |  #562

andrewjy wrote in post #15627020 (external link)
Well I'm hoping that Luma will give the people who bought the MkI version a discount if they buy the MkII version!

I'm hoping, but not expecting. I'll still buy one.

Alex
Gear List
Feedback

i-G12
Wat?
1,805 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 19, 2013 09:14 |  #563

Hey I bought a new MacBook Pro last year. The new ones came out but Apple isn't giving me a discount. #pfffft

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 19, 2013 09:23 |  #564

i-G12 wrote in post #15627149 (external link)
Hey I bought a new MacBook Pro last year. The new ones came out but Apple isn't giving me a discount. #pfffft

mApple products are like crack to all of you iPeople. There is no profit incentive to offering a loyalty-discount. :)

Actually, the soon-to-be-released models are cheaper than last-years models... somewhere around 10%-20% lower than previously priced. So maybe that's not true after all.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My Gearlist

i-G12
Wat?
1,805 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 19, 2013 09:28 |  #565

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15627189 (external link)
mApple products are like crack to all of you iPeople. There is no profit incentive to offering a loyalty-discount. :)

So you're suggesting Luma Labs should be less wanting to make money than Apple? lol@you. They deserve to make a profit as much as the next company and giving new product away or discounting it because a customer bought the prior model isn't a formula for success.

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 19, 2013 09:34 |  #566

i-G12 wrote in post #15627212 (external link)
So you're suggesting Luma Labs should be less wanting to make money than Apple? lol@you. They deserve to make a profit as much as the next company and giving new product away or discounting it because a customer bought the prior model isn't a formula for success.

You're missing the point. APPLE does not need to offer a loyalty/upgrade discount. APPLE CUSTOMERS will literally pay whatever APPLE determines is "reasonable". APPLE products generally never go on sale, and their customers accept that.

Apple's success DOES NOT provide every other company in existence with a mandate to enforce a similar pricing strategy. This is an apples to oranges comparison.

You were lamenting Apple's customer retention policy, and acting like it should apply to every other business out there--and that's just plain wrong. Comparing a small company like Luma to a juggernaut like Apple is folly right from the start. Adobe offers upgrade rebates on their software--are they really hurting for customers? No--can you explain that? Every company should do what's best for their bottom-line. Whether or not loyalty-incentives are really effective--that's something for marketing people to determine, but from my perspective it factors into where my disposable income is spent. Cashback in particular is a perfect example--it's one of the primary reasons I tend to do business with Adorama over BHphoto. I don't expect Luma to offer similar incentives to repeat customers (given their small target market and customer base), but I've seen crazier things happen.

My Gearlist

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Feb 19, 2013 09:55 as a reply to  @ MOkoFOko's post |  #567

If this derails the topic too much, Mods please delete or move it, but I felt like typing what's on my mind.

I just don't see the Cinch II being an "upgrade" unless you buy the upgrade kit, a very generous offering I might add, which is already discounted from Luma, to current Cinch owners. The Cinch II is a new strap, just like the 5D Mark III is a new camera and different from the 5D Mark II. It's not an upgrade. It may have better features, but it's a different camera because it has evolved from the previous model.

Now, if you want to buy 1,000 for re-sale or 100 to distribute at an event for photogs, then I can see where the purchaser would expect some kind of discount, as I would expect Luma to offer a discount to an individual or organization that is buying so many of them at one time. However, if I want to buy 2 or 3 because I have 2 or 3 cameras and I had already bought one from Luma 6 months ago, I am not expecting, nor do I "deserve" nor am I "entitled" to a discount.

I think Luma has very loyal followers. It's a great product, designed by great people and assembled by great workers. If you can't afford it now, save up for it. Otherwise, buy a used Cinch I that may come up as a result of the introduction of the Cinch II.

Alex
Gear List
Feedback

0.0f
179 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Feb 19, 2013 09:58 |  #568

anyway coming back on track i got money burning a hole in my pocket for this new strap please be available soon.

EOS 5D MK3 - 24-70 MK2

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 19, 2013 10:04 |  #569

lehmanncpa wrote in post #15627363 (external link)
If this derails the topic too much, Mods please delete or move it, but I felt like typing what's on my mind.

I just don't see the Cinch II being an "upgrade" unless you buy the upgrade kit, a very generous offering I might add, which is already discounted from Luma, to current Cinch owners. The Cinch II is a new strap, just like the 5D Mark III is a new camera and different from the 5D Mark II. It's not an upgrade. It may have better features, but it's a different camera because it has evolved from the previous model.

Now, if you want to buy 1,000 for re-sale or 100 to distribute at an event for photogs, then I can see where the purchaser would expect some kind of discount, as I would expect Luma to offer a discount to an individual or organization that is buying so many of them at one time. However, if I want to buy 2 or 3 because I have 2 or 3 cameras and I had already bought one from Luma 6 months ago, I am not expecting, nor do I "deserve" nor am I "entitled" to a discount.

I think Luma has very loyal followers. It's a great product, designed by great people and assembled by great workers. If you can't afford it now, save up for it. Otherwise, buy a used Cinch I that may come up as a result of the introduction of the Cinch II.

Mods have already given up on this thread I'm sure--its long been a lost cause :)

My Gearlist

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Feb 19, 2013 10:08 |  #570

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15627394 (external link)
Mods have already given up on this thread I'm sure--its long been a lost cause :)

I had no choice. I'm a tax accountant, disclaimers run through my blood. :D

Alex
Gear List
Feedback

sponsored links

274,451 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.