Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 04 Mar 2010 (Thursday) 11:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Pacific Northwesterners!!

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 03, 2012 23:18 |  #1531

I took this one this morning, was trying to shoot into between the wind gusts & rain while some woman was asking me 1000 questions about my camera. I was amazed this flower would still be around this far north.
If you're going to have a get together, I'll be in Portland around the third week of Jan, be nice to meet you folks f2f.

sponsored links
benttop
701 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 03, 2012 23:22 as a reply to  @ rick_reno's post |  #1532

Nice colors!

Steve Cavanaugh
EOS 5D MK III, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 85 f1.2L, EF 24 f1.4L, EF 400 f5.6L, EF 24-70, EF 70-200, EF 100-400, EF 100 Macro, G12, EOS 7D, Fujifilm X100S and X-T1

JMartel
Goldmember
1,307 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 11, 2012 10:21 |  #1533

Just moved out to Seattle this week. Figured I'd post up in here. Haven't had the chance to get my camera out yet, but I plan on doing so soon.

Jeff
Gear List
Flickr (external link)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 12, 2012 22:31 |  #1534

JMartel wrote in post #15353137 (external link)
Just moved out to Seattle this week. Figured I'd post up in here. Haven't had the chance to get my camera out yet, but I plan on doing so soon.

get a water proof housing. ;)

just kidding, seattle is a great city. looking forward to seeing it thru the lens of a new comer.

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,427 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 12, 2012 23:05 |  #1535

rick_reno wrote in post #15360269 (external link)
get a water proof housing. ;)

just kidding, seattle is a great city. looking forward to seeing it thru the lens of a new comer.

No kidding! We are at 50% above normal for rainfall this season so far. It's getting to be a bit much even for me and I've been here almost a quarter century.

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

JMartel
Goldmember
1,307 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 13, 2012 11:48 |  #1536

It's been pretty dry so far since I've been here. Just the standard clouds, but very little in the way of rain.

Jeff
Gear List
Flickr (external link)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 13, 2012 14:20 |  #1537

My rain gage here in Sandpoint, ID recorded just over 16 inches of rain in November. I think the rain follows me, in early Feb I was landing at Honolulu, looked out the window and a truck going up a street by the airport had a wake.

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,427 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 13, 2012 14:24 |  #1538

Planning to visit Sauvie Island for the first time for birding. Any tips on where to go once we cross the bridge on to the island? I need to visit the websites of course, bit I figured I could get some pointers here.. :)

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 14, 2012 00:21 |  #1539

Scrumhalf wrote in post #15362836 (external link)
Planning to visit Sauvie Island for the first time for birding. Any tips on where to go once we cross the bridge on to the island? I need to visit the websites of course, bit I figured I could get some pointers here.. :)

You might want to post this in the discussion area of the Bird section too...

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdis​play.php?f=122

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Dec 26, 2012 14:22 as a reply to  @ rick_reno's post |  #1540

Looking for recomendations for a fun winter hike/outing. I have benn stuck inside long enough lol and wanna get some time in outdoors. I am about 30min east of Portland. Talked with the wife about trying snow shoeing .... she did not like the sound of that lol. So any suggesting of someplace fun to see and photograph while its dumping buckets of rain every day.

Side note, we did the 10mile loop at Silver Falls State Park this summer and that did us in for a couple days so take that into account :D

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 27, 2012 01:31 |  #1541

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #15409467 (external link)
Looking for recomendations for a fun winter hike/outing. I have benn stuck inside long enough lol and wanna get some time in outdoors. I am about 30min east of Portland. Talked with the wife about trying snow shoeing .... she did not like the sound of that lol. So any suggesting of someplace fun to see and photograph while its dumping buckets of rain every day.

Side note, we did the 10mile loop at Silver Falls State Park this summer and that did us in for a couple days so take that into account :D

Hmmm...you're 30 mins east of Portland. Go east a bit more on I84 and when you hit The Dalles. It's often dry there when it's pouring in and around Portland. The Dalles Dam could be interesting to photograph, on the other side of the river is the Maryhill Winery...then go check out the little Stonehenge a few miles away off Hwy 14, you can find some easy hikes around Bonneville Dam.

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Dec 27, 2012 11:05 |  #1542

rick_reno wrote in post #15411450 (external link)
Hmmm...you're 30 mins east of Portland. Go east a bit more on I84 and when you hit The Dalles. It's often dry there when it's pouring in and around Portland. The Dalles Dam could be interesting to photograph, on the other side of the river is the Maryhill Winery...then go check out the little Stonehenge a few miles away off Hwy 14, you can find some easy hikes around Bonneville Dam.

Thanks Rick, I had no idea the Stonehenge memorial was even there and have heard great things about the Maryhill Winery. Looks like its time to plan a weekend getaway.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 28, 2013 00:53 |  #1543

Hey gang, sadly I'm having to put up my 16-35 for sale, need the $$, if anyone's interested:

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1270511

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 29, 2013 01:09 |  #1544

Tony, sorry to hear you're selling it. They'll still be around when thing get better - hoping you get top dollar for it.

Inukshuk
30 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Feb 20, 2013 11:02 |  #1545

I'm new here, but thought I would go ahead and post a shot I took on Christmas Eve, out near Cannon Beach. I wish the lower left wasn't so blown out, but c'est la vie:

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8112/8492890868_34f482d47d_c.jpg

sponsored links

326,499 views & 46 likes for this thread
Pacific Northwesterners!!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.