Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 06 Dec 2005 (Tuesday) 17:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What do your business cards look like?

Alan ­ Rubio
837 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 13, 2013 11:19 |  #4171

Will those are great I love the design. I may hit you up for more details, I need a simple set for myself to keep on hand.

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Howard Thurman

sponsored links
Moments ­ Media
367 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 13, 2013 13:57 |  #4172

willspective wrote in post #15603587 (external link)
Here are my cards:

QUOTED IMAGE

Hope these aren't among the terrible/horrendous cards out here. They're pretty popular when I give them out -- and believe it or not, they're somewhat of a gauge of the articulation of prospective clients. I mentally measure the amount of time it takes them to put the back of the card together and well..you know. Coming from a Public Relations background, making people think makes them remember you more. :lol:

Some people say I need a phone number on my card, but if someone absolutely needs it and cannot save it in their phone (as in, they don't have a mobile phone readily available or don't want to), the cards are matte and can be easily written on with a ballpoint pen.

By far..one of my favorite designs. Well done.

Moments {Photo + Cinema} (external link)
1DMKIV | 5DMKII | 6D | 7D | EOS3 | 14 F2.8 | 15 F2.8 FE | 17-40L | 24Lii | Σ50 F1.4 | Σ35 F1.4 | C50 1.4 | 24-70L | 24-105L |85Lii | 85 1.8 | 100L | 135L | 70-200 F2.8L ISii

fotojennik
213 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 13, 2013 14:02 |  #4173

Myboostedgst wrote in post #15585868 (external link)
What do you guys think? I never thought about having a business card as I dont have an actual business. But I thought it might be nice so people will remember my name. I have never designed a card before and this is my first try. Anything that you would change?

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

I'm sorry but, no. Please don't pay anyone money to print those.
If you would like specific feedback, I'd be happy, but...so many things...so many bad things.

Pittsburgh Wedding Photographer (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Gear List

willspective
601 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Feb 13, 2013 15:54 as a reply to  @ fotojennik's post |  #4174

imbillkamal wrote in post #15605789 (external link)
Will those are great I love the design. I may hit you up for more details, I need a simple set for myself to keep on hand.

Moments Media wrote in post #15606325 (external link)
By far..one of my favorite designs. Well done.

Thanks to both of you! Bill, feel free man. :)

will (external link) | web (external link) | gear

Kylemorgan88
423 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Feb 16, 2013 14:03 as a reply to  @ willspective's post |  #4175

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8112/8478944999_5ab2e6b8ab_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8510/8478945989_18a49b1359_z.jpg

Alan ­ Rubio
837 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 16, 2013 21:15 |  #4176

Those are cool kyle

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Howard Thurman

willspective
601 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Feb 18, 2013 06:38 as a reply to  @ Alan Rubio's post |  #4177

Kyle, quick question: If you have a website (which is pretty cool btw) why is it that you use your gmail address on your business card? I'm just curious..

bmaxphoto
276 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 20, 2013 20:33 as a reply to  @ post 15595328 |  #4178

First pass. Just need something until I think of something better. I eventually hope to use the MOO portfolio on the back idea, but I don't have enough images or varied images that would make sense. What do you guys think of this?

Front:

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8368/8494152446_22f3bc245b_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/bmax-photo/8494152446/  (external link)
Front_Final (external link) by BMax Photo (external link), on Flickr

Back:
IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8111/8493053543_9f934beca0_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/bmax-photo/8493053543/  (external link)
Back_01 (external link) by BMax Photo (external link), on Flickr

For some reason when saving as jpg from pdf it added some red artifacts. Those aren't in my actual cards. My only critique so far is that the Brandon Maxwell Photographer text on the left side of the front seems redundant. Thoughts?

For now, the website is just a repository for family photos as I haven't had much time yet to get it set up. What do you think of my site layout? When I have time, and prior to marketing, the gallery names on the site will match what I have on my cards.

Any comment or critique on the cards or the website is appreciated. I work full time as an architect and am trying to do some photography work on the side, with hopes of someday maybe doing this full time. Do you think I am presenting myself in a halfway decent manner with my website and these cards? What would you do differently, realizing I am just starting out and have limited portfolio work to show at this time?

Thanks in advance.

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams

Kylemorgan88
423 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Feb 20, 2013 20:57 |  #4179

willspective wrote in post #15622719 (external link)
Kyle, quick question: If you have a website (which is pretty cool btw) why is it that you use your gmail address on your business card? I'm just curious..

We had our cards designed prior to getting a website up and running, plus our first website host didn't provide email service. In the next year, we'll probably set up a new email address (info@foundation-films.com) and forward it to our gmail account.

I really like gmail as a client, but I do understand how it comes across a little unprofessional when your email address isn't "businessname.com."

omnom
364 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 20, 2013 22:05 as a reply to  @ Kylemorgan88's post |  #4180

Alex001
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Feb 21, 2013 08:32 |  #4181

Not only is this card engraved with the number 5, it also looks like a floor.

My first initiative here is to explain what Insanity is. Once you get the feel for it the customer insanity reviews (external link) will make more sense.

willspective
601 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Feb 21, 2013 08:38 |  #4182

chrismallet wrote in post #15634277 (external link)
You can set it up so your professional address is on gmail. That's how I have it set up and it works great. Best of both worlds.

That's not free, is it, Chris? Do you know off the top of your head how much it costs?

You literally log in to gmail with your business address and password right? That's awesome.

GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 21, 2013 08:53 |  #4183

Will, its free. you log into gmail with your usual gmail info. And it reads multiple email sources, gmail, domain, personal, etc. And then when you hit reply, you can tell it what email address to reply as, or have it set up to respond automatically from the address that it was emailed to.

Canon investor

willspective
601 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Feb 21, 2013 09:02 |  #4184

GerryDavid wrote in post #15635462 (external link)
Will, its free. you log into gmail with your usual gmail info. And it reads multiple email sources, gmail, domain, personal, etc. And then when you hit reply, you can tell it what email address to reply as, or have it set up to respond automatically from the address that it was emailed to.

I think I set that up one time with my business e-mail. On the recipient end, though, it appeared as "william@willspective.​com from personalemail@gmail.co​m (external link)." Or something similar..I ended up just setting it up using the Mac mail app. Not as good as google, but better than logging into godaddy's e-mail client lol

GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 21, 2013 09:13 |  #4185

Hmm, Ive never noticed that before. In gmail when you look at the to/from it shows the business domain, if you go into details *I doubt many do, I don't* it does show the original gmail addy. But you have to search for it. For the convenience I don't mind using gmail. I don't like using godaddys program either, and this way I only have to check one account.

Canon investor

sponsored links

1,511,827 views & 14 likes for this thread
What do your business cards look like?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.