Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
Thread started 18 Feb 2013 (Monday) 16:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

T&I Team photos memory mate or not?

Grumpy_one
611 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 18, 2013 16:38 |  #1

Seems most of the labs are not doing the colored, textured, foldout cardboard memory mate (where the photo's are inserted). It's seems they're going by way of just a print via template. Our team sports T&I have had the cardboard lay out and was wondering what people are doing what the public response has been. Thanks.

I shoot Canon's
1DX II, Canon 7D Gripped, 5D3, 24-70L II, 70-200L 2.8 IS Mk I, 85 1.8, Pocket Wizard II triggers, assorted speedlites and modifiers, 580EX, 580EXII, YN560's (6 or so) 50 1.4, t/c 1.4 MkII
www.happyvalleyphotogr​aphy.com (external link)

sponsored links
RSB
317 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 18, 2013 23:21 |  #2

The Memory Mate folder was invented in the mid sixties. Do you want to offer your clients a product that's almost 50 years old, or something a little more contemporary? We made the switch to Composite Memory mates a number of years ago, and have never looked back. No issues whatsoever with parents accepting the new products available from new technology. Just don't call them Digital Memory Mates to parents, they think they're going to get a digital file of some sort. Explain that it's an 8x10 composite print with a team picture, individual picture, and really cool graphics. (We customize each League's Memory Mate with their League logo in the design).

Randy Brister, Cr.Photog.

ColeSales
31 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Feb 23, 2013 11:41 as a reply to  @ RSB's post |  #3

I offer the memory mates and I order all of my stuff through MPix. I design the mates in photoshop order them as a 8x10 and then insert them in a Tyndell cardboard mate for the client.

Cole Sales Photographer, LLC
Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)
Help People + Your Talent = Purpose

mikes...
22 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 25, 2013 10:26 |  #4

H&H color lab for the win... Their proprietary eZsports software and ability to design custom templates are the reason I do T&I work. I shoot on Saturday, process and upload to the lab on Sunday and I deliver product to the league by the following Friday.

www.hhcolorlab.com (external link)

C.david
169 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Feb 25, 2013 15:45 as a reply to  @ mikes...'s post |  #5

Mikes…, that MUST give you repeat business! The turnaround time is excellent.

C.

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Mar 03, 2013 18:50 |  #6

In my first year, I had a parent insist on a cardboard mm because "that's what I got the last 3 years" Since then, people like the new style MM. I have several styles and never use the same one two years in a row. I want the parents to have something different each year.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

sponsored links

2,052 views & 0 likes for this thread
T&I Team photos memory mate or not?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.