Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 13 Feb 2013 (Wednesday) 20:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama expert chat

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,157 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 19, 2013 20:38 |  #16

I have seen the feature available, but I have not used it yet. I sent you a PM.

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

sponsored links
Mistabernie
'Camera Unicorn McSparkles'..
2,722 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Feb 20, 2013 06:21 |  #17

hate to misdirect, but a 45% price difference? Was your item used? Amazon fulfilled? I don't know that I'd trust that to be honest..

Donate if you love POTN! | Smugmug (external link) | Gear List & POTN Marketplace Feedback
Feel free to call me Bernie.
LIVING PROOF WHY YOU DON'T MENTION THE TITLE FAIRY...

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,157 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 20, 2013 06:48 |  #18

Must've been fulfilled through Amazon by Honest Eddie's Pretty Good Used Clickers and Clunkers. :lol: I've never seen Adorama be that far off of a legitimate price.

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

71sbeetle
Goldmember
3,354 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 22, 2013 22:16 as a reply to  @ D. Vance's post |  #19

Haha lol, no, direct from Amazon, not from a third party, and I have already received it and used it too :) And no it wasn't used, it was brand new. If I'm not mistaken B&H had the same price as Amazon before their stock ran out too ....
So, this chat, is it more for orders and customer service, or more of a tech service for people that want to ask specific questions about an item?

gareymartin.com (external link)
flickr (external link)
gear list | CPS.
eBay (external link) | POTN
VWVortex (external link)

bdpaco
THREAD ­ STARTER
696 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 23, 2013 08:01 |  #20

Tech service...Everyone is a professional photographer, and knows gear pretty well, of course no one person can know every piece of gear out there so we do have to do a lot of in chat research and jumping around. But we have a lot of resources to help us get you the answer you need...

My Blog
http://rickbandaphotog​raphy.blogspot.com/ (external link)
My Website
www.rickbandaphoto.com (external link)

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,157 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 23, 2013 08:19 |  #21

Now that I do have a question, though, I can't find an expert. Perhaps it is because I do most of my browsing in the evenings. And I guess yesterday and today were the weekend, so...

bdpaco
THREAD ­ STARTER
696 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 23, 2013 22:44 |  #22

Because Adorama is owned by an Orthodox Jewish family we are not allowed to work the chat from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday for Sabbath, we are also not on during any Jewish holiday. Also there is usually only 2-3 people on at a time taking chats unless its a very heavy traffic day, then the system will alert others to come in and help staff the chat.

My Blog
http://rickbandaphotog​raphy.blogspot.com/ (external link)
My Website
www.rickbandaphoto.com (external link)

silvrg35
190 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 24, 2013 01:34 |  #23

Whatever you do, please do not email them regarding any inquiries. They claimed it's the fastest method to contact them, but it took them over a week to respond to a simple email.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,439 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 26, 2013 04:26 |  #24

71sbeetle wrote in post #15617897 (external link)
I was looking for a chat contact on Adorama just a couple of days ago, I wanted to get in touch with them to see if they'd price match Amazon but turns out the only way to get in touch with them (quickly) was calling. I called and no love on the price match so Amazon got my money :smile:

If you are in this position in future, please email me directly: Helen@adorama.com (external link)

It's unusual for me not to respond within 24 hours

silvrg35 wrote in post #15645874 (external link)
Whatever you do, please do not email them regarding any inquiries. They claimed it's the fastest method to contact them, but it took them over a week to respond to a simple email.

Please accept my apologies; I've noted a few complaints like yours recently, but need some more data to establish whether this is due to the time of day of enquiries, a system issue - or something else.

Could I trouble you to email me with more info re the time and date that you sent your email? : Helen@adorama.com (external link)

Oh, and any time you need advice or support with anything from Adorama, please do contact me directly.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

rjx
Goldmember
2,667 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 27, 2013 09:21 |  #25

Where will I find the option to chat with an expert? I've been looking for it (I want to use it) but I can't find it. I understand there might not be anyone to chat with which is why I probably can't find the option. But where will it be located when available?

"It doesn't matter what camera you have if your photography has nothing worthwhile to say"
“Photos are everywhere. You just have to know how to look.”

HelenOster
That's me!
4,439 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 27, 2013 09:25 |  #26

rjx wrote in post #15657517 (external link)
Where will I find the option to chat with an expert? I've been looking for it (I want to use it) but I can't find it. I understand there might not be anyone to chat with which is why I probably can't find the option. But where will it be located when available?

Email me: Helen@adorama.com (external link) and I can send you a screen shot

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

rjx
Goldmember
2,667 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 27, 2013 09:41 |  #27

HelenOster wrote in post #15657527 (external link)
Email me: Helen@adorama.com (external link) and I can send you a screen shot

"It doesn't matter what camera you have if your photography has nothing worthwhile to say"
“Photos are everywhere. You just have to know how to look.”

71sbeetle
Goldmember
3,354 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 02, 2013 21:12 |  #28

HelenOster wrote in post #15653044 (external link)
If you are in this position in future, please email me directly: elen@adorama.com (external link)

It's unusual for me not to respond within 24 hours

Will do thanks! I almost did but I figured since it was such a large price difference and the person on the phone told me you only had 2 left in stock anyway and didn't want/need to price match I figured I'd save your time and order it from Amazon instead (with free 2 day with my Prime membership) I really wanted to get it from Adorama to take advantage of the Adorama VIP though :p

gareymartin.com (external link)
flickr (external link)
gear list | CPS.
eBay (external link) | POTN
VWVortex (external link)

sponsored links

2,426 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama expert chat
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.