BH Photo has the Sigma 30mm 1.4 on sale at $289.
I have a 60D with the 18-135 kit lens + a 70 -300 older lens.
I am going to Europe in a few months and have been debating either:
1) Canon 10-22 - Going wider is an option but no gain in low light condtions.
2) Tokina 11-16 - wider + faster
3) Sigma 30 1.4 This lens will just fullfill my faster lens need
4) Canon 28 1.8- again just a faster lens
5) Infamous Nifty 50- Cheap and fast but worried on my crop sensor it is too long for indoor low light needs.
6) Canon 35 F2 - inexpensive lens as well
At first I was thinking about the Tonina 11-16 as it serves two purposes (wide and faster). I have taken over 1,000 landscape shots with my 60D 18-135 and I don't remember too many times that I needed a wider lens. I don't want to spend the $600-$700 for a lens I may or may not use alot.
With the Sigma 30 1.4 @ $289, is that simply too good of a deal to pass up or is the Canon 35 F2 at a bit more the better value?
Thanks to those who comment.