Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 06 Dec 2005 (Tuesday) 17:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What do your business cards look like?

Alan ­ Rubio
837 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 26, 2013 23:25 |  #4201

Lol damn I have not even tried my full name that's a good idea though

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Howard Thurman

sponsored links
willspective
601 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Feb 26, 2013 23:33 |  #4202

imbillkamal wrote in post #15656411 (external link)
Lol damn I have not even tried my full name that's a good idea though

Pick it up before it's too late! It's like 99 cents on GoDaddy for a year..

will (external link) | web (external link) | gear

Alan ­ Rubio
837 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 27, 2013 00:49 |  #4203

Will do you know if it'll stay this cheap or will they raise the rate next year on me

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Howard Thurman

omnom
364 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 27, 2013 00:57 as a reply to  @ post 15653556 |  #4204

GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 27, 2013 01:00 |  #4205

imbillkamal wrote in post #15656591 (external link)
Will do you know if it'll stay this cheap or will they raise the rate next year on me

I think the regular rate is $10 or $12 a year. :)

Canon investor

willspective
601 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Feb 28, 2013 08:20 as a reply to  @ GerryDavid's post |  #4206

imbillkamal wrote in post #15656591 (external link)

GerryDavid just posted it's usually $10 or $12 a year, but on slickdeals.net a quick "godaddy" search yields a coupon code almost EVERY time that discounts it. Usually, there's a .99 cent one that works for new domains as well as renewals, but if there's not the next best coupon is typically like a $1.99 one or something like that. I've never paid full price for a domain and I've bought like 6.

chrismallet wrote in post #15656611 (external link)
Thanks! It's part of a whole new re-brand. Next step is to basically double my prices. Also designing a new card which will be up here shortly.

I'm 99% sure it was free when I signed up but I see now that it's $50/year.
http://www.google.com …/apps/business/​index.html (external link)

The best part is you can still use Exchange to sync calendars and contacts on your mobile with business accounts. Stupid google stopped offering it for free ones.

That's dope! Congrats on your success, Chris. I'm looking forward to seeing the new card.

rdalrt
Goldmember
1,678 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 28, 2013 20:49 |  #4207

I just got these today.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Just Sports Photographyexternal link
My Junk ;)

Alan ­ Rubio
837 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 28, 2013 21:10 |  #4208

willspective wrote in post #15660840 (external link)
GerryDavid just posted it's usually $10 or $12 a year, but on slickdeals.net a quick "godaddy" search yields a coupon code almost EVERY time that discounts it. Usually, there's a .99 cent one that works for new domains as well as renewals, but if there's not the next best coupon is typically like a $1.99 one or something like that. I've never paid full price for a domain and I've bought like 6.

Let's have coffee or lunch or something man I'd love to learn all about this and getting my business cards in order.

GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 28, 2013 22:03 |  #4209

willspective wrote in post #15660840 (external link)

The godaddy coupons on slickdeals.net are periodic, not constant, and 99% of the time they are only for new registrations, not renewals, as far as I know. If you ever see one for renewals let me know so I can stock up! :)

Its a gimmick they use to get people to sign up and then they make their money on renewals and other services like hosting and the such. :)

Canon investor

willspective
601 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 01, 2013 09:04 |  #4210

imbillkamal wrote in post #15663276 (external link)
Let's have coffee or lunch or something man I'd love to learn all about this and getting my business cards in order.

Definitely man! I just PM'd you my number. I'm a little caught up the next few days but maybe next week?

GerryDavid wrote in post #15663395 (external link)
The godaddy coupons on slickdeals.net are periodic, not constant, and 99% of the time they are only for new registrations, not renewals, as far as I know. If you ever see one for renewals let me know so I can stock up! :)

Its a gimmick they use to get people to sign up and then they make their money on renewals and other services like hosting and the such. :)

It seems like you're right! IDK what I did when I renewed my own domain but I distinctly remember not paying full price for it. Maybe I used one of those 50% off ones they always e-mail me, or something like that. Hustlers..:rolleyes:

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 02, 2013 09:19 |  #4211

rdalrt wrote in post #15663212 (external link)
I just got these today.

At first impression, the name seems awkward rdalrt. Doesn't really flow and isn't easy to remember. Also why are you giving your home phone number when you put your cell phone? I would have just listed one phone not describing "what" the number is of.

nathan549
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 02, 2013 21:24 |  #4212

rdalrt wrote in post #15663212 (external link)
I just got these today.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by rdalrt in
./showthread.php?p=156​63212&i=i233670450
forum: The Business of Photography

Same as the guy above me said "Rdalrt" is just not a great name IMO. apart from that the card looks good. Just the name puts me off a bit partly because you really have to look closely to read what it actually is

Canon 60D - 24-70mm 2.8 L II - 70-200mm 2.8 L IS II - Speedlight 600 ex-rt - Broncolor Move 1200L pack + A2L pack + MobiLED flash head

GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 03, 2013 12:28 |  #4213

It says red alert. :)

Canon investor

96whiteknight
PERMANENT BAN
2,046 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 20, 2013 09:47 |  #4214
bannedPermanent ban

First time ordering cards. I realize they're not the most "professional" looking cards. I tried a more classic, elegant look and my wife said it's just not my style. Comments welcome. :)

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8232/8573276814_080ab1b005_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/itshotinhere_im​onfire/  (external link)

WRLphoto
64 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 21, 2013 00:49 |  #4215

PGD wrote in post #15583927 (external link)
An example of my cards:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'text/plain'

(A much bigger example than I thought too)

Where did you get yours printed? How did you order them with multiple back side designs?

www.wrlphoto.com (external link)

sponsored links

1,448,785 views & 11 likes for this thread
What do your business cards look like?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.