Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 01, 2013 05:20 as a reply to  @ post 15664040 |  #6226

Have a look at the frames in Ikea if there's one near you too.

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

sponsored links
Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,186 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 01, 2013 05:53 |  #6227

Gundogs wrote in post #15664045 (external link)
Have a look at the frames in Ikea if there's one near you too.

Fair comment, I have noted that others have used Ikea when this subject is mentioned. But still what colours :lol:

As for where, like you I think Croydon is the nearest...............​though do not eat the meatballs ;)

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

cforster
Goldmember
1,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 01, 2013 08:12 as a reply to  @ Box Brownie's post |  #6228

Afternoon all ... nothing like working from home to give me a chance to catch up on what everyone has been doing for the last couple of weeks!! Some great shots have been posted - Haven't been to Barcelona for a while but it made me go back and look at my shots from when I was there!

Penel - thanks for organising us for the London shoot - nothing like being able to sit back and be told where I have to be and when! It's great!

Has anyone got the Canon EOS M yet? Or know of anyone who has one ... looking for some idea of what it's like ...

Find Clare's gear here
Join the POTN SE thread
500px / (external link)Flickr / (external link) occassional blog / (external link) website (external link)

Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 01, 2013 08:36 |  #6229

Box Brownie wrote in post #15664066 (external link)
Fair comment, I have noted that others have used Ikea when this subject is mentioned. But still what colours :lol:

As for where, like you I think Croydon is the nearest...............​though do not eat the meatballs ;)

LOL no meatballs! re frames - black or white I think.

cforster wrote in post #15664281 (external link)
Afternoon all ... nothing like working from home to give me a chance to catch up on what everyone has been doing for the last couple of weeks!! Some great shots have been posted - Haven't been to Barcelona for a while but it made me go back and look at my shots from when I was there!

Penel - thanks for organising us for the London shoot - nothing like being able to sit back and be told where I have to be and when! It's great!

Has anyone got the Canon EOS M yet? Or know of anyone who has one ... looking for some idea of what it's like ...

ooh do I feel a purchase coming on?!:lol:

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

cforster
Goldmember
1,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 01, 2013 09:35 |  #6230

Gundogs wrote in post #15664355 (external link)
ooh do I feel a purchase coming on?!:lol:

Dunno ... maybe ... I'm off skiing next weekend and am thinking that it could be a great way to carry a decent camera on the ski slopes without carrying my SLR as usual!! And there is an adapter that means your SLR lenses can be attached. Not sure about that idea personally! Haha. Just wondered whether anyone had tested one out!

Find Clare's gear here
Join the POTN SE thread
500px / (external link)Flickr / (external link) occassional blog / (external link) website (external link)

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,186 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 01, 2013 09:52 |  #6231

cforster wrote in post #15664563 (external link)
Dunno ... maybe ... I'm off skiing next weekend and am thinking that it could be a great way to carry a decent camera on the ski slopes without carrying my SLR as usual!! And there is an adapter that means your SLR lenses can be attached. Not sure about that idea personally! Haha. Just wondered whether anyone had tested one out!

Constructive reviews seem to be thin on the ground though this site is respected http://www.ephotozine.​com …rless-camera-review-21074 (external link) but having said that the comments section at the end of the review are less than complimentary about the review and the camera ???

I ma sure I read the "too little too late" epiphet elsewhere in regard to this model :confused:

PS Most of the reviews are actually previews, so for a model that came out in Oct 12 I think that is odd!!!

Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)

cforster
Goldmember
1,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 01, 2013 10:33 |  #6232

Box Brownie wrote in post #15664626 (external link)
Constructive reviews seem to be thin on the ground though this site is respected http://www.ephotozine.​com …rless-camera-review-21074 (external link) but having said that the comments section at the end of the review are less than complimentary about the review and the camera ???

I ma sure I read the "too little too late" epiphet elsewhere in regard to this model :confused:

PS Most of the reviews are actually previews, so for a model that came out in Oct 12 I think that is odd!!!

Thanks Laurence - the only reviews I could find appeared to be on the pre-release model too - which definitely seems strange. There are some really fun features on there - but I would love to know if they've looked into any of the complaints like poor battery performance (something like 230 shots per battery which I'd get through in a very short time) and slow focus (although loving the touch screen focus/shutter trigger) ... think I will probably have to go try one somehow!!

Find Clare's gear here
Join the POTN SE thread

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 01, 2013 11:36 |  #6233

Clare the EOS-M was reviewed in the February edition of DLSR Photography they don't seem to have the review online though. If I remember the only drawbacks were slow AF and the price being higher than it's rivals.
If you went for another camera Clare there would probably be an adapter for it to take EF glass.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,186 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 01, 2013 12:33 |  #6234

Now this sites (pre)views are AFAIK well regarded and he makes a strong about how 'last generation' the slow AF compared to the Mirrorless rivals to the M. http://www.imaging-resource.com …on-eos-m/canon-eos-mA.HTM (external link)

cforster
Goldmember
1,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 01, 2013 13:50 as a reply to  @ Box Brownie's post |  #6235

Thanks both - seems I have lots of reading to do!!

Find Clare's gear here
Join the POTN SE thread

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 01, 2013 13:54 |  #6236

cforster wrote in post #15665448 (external link)
Thanks both - seems I have lots of reading to do!!

With two cold snowy trips on the cards why not get a housing for your powershot and you can really enjoy the elements? :D

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

cforster
Goldmember
1,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 01, 2013 14:04 |  #6237

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #15665469 (external link)
With two cold snowy trips on the cards why not get a housing for your powershot and you can really enjoy the elements? :D

I have a scratch on the lens ... From sand in Namibia ... It doesn't often show but if we have sunny days in the mountain it will be really obvious. So looking for a replacement small pocket sized camera!

Find Clare's gear here
Join the POTN SE thread

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 01, 2013 14:17 |  #6238

cforster wrote in post #15665509 (external link)
I have a scratch on the lens ... From sand in Namibia ... It doesn't often show but if we have sunny days in the mountain it will be really obvious. So looking for a replacement small pocket sized camera!

Borrow mine then & save your money for après ski :cool:

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

enigma2099
680 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 01, 2013 14:22 as a reply to  @ felt_tip_felon's post |  #6239

Matt Peters wrote in post #15663979 (external link)
Covent Garden sounds good to me.. Is anyone travelling from my direction? Be good if I could leave the wife with the car and maybe then jump in with someone and park in Westminster, it's free at the weekend!

Not coming your way I'm afraid but some more details on the location of the free parking would be very welcome? :)

Paulhttps://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=10263387

cforster
Goldmember
1,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 01, 2013 14:46 |  #6240

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #15665562 (external link)
Borrow mine then & save your money for après ski :cool:

You'd trust me with yours?? I'll give you a shout if I need it - thanks mate.

Find Clare's gear here
Join the POTN SE thread

sponsored links

860,038 views & 2 likes for this thread
The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.