Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 22:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

G15 Photos Thread

mastertech01
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 14, 2013 21:26 |  #106

I was born and raised in KC. Came here with the Army and settled here 20 some years ago. You would be surprized how many Chiefs fans live here and Dallas fans. Of course life got more interesting now that we have the OKC Thunder here.

I will do some experimenting with ISO but I really dont even know the camera yet. If I am not mistaken early in this thread someone posted a full array of ISO examples though. Look for posts from arcangel6

sponsored links
2mnycars
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 18, 2013 18:13 |  #107

mastertech01 wrote in post #15607591 (external link)
I hope enthusiasm for this camera picks up. 2 pages isnt exactly what I would have expected after this much time in the market.
Thanks to those whom have contributed so far.

Looking forward to more too!

I've enjoyed the photos posted, and appreciate the links to others...excellent camera, used by great photographers.

Dave

Otohp
331 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 19, 2013 11:50 |  #108

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

3of (1 of 1)-39 (external link) by Otohp70 (external link), on Flickr
our little lounge lizard... :cool:

airbutchie
Not too crunchy
12,931 posts
Gallery: 302 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Oct 2006

Feb 21, 2013 10:25 |  #109

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8239/8494510385_4d57075b03_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/airbutchie/8494​510385/  (external link)

:D

Hi. My name is Butch...
Complete Gear List | Flickr Vault (external link) | Instagram (external link)

Tommydigi
Cream of the Crop
5,617 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined May 2010

Feb 21, 2013 12:30 |  #110

Great pic, some nice gear.

Website (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)
Canon 5DII • 7DII • G7XII • 24LII • 50L • 100L • 135L • 40 STM • 16-35L F4 IS • 100-400L II • 600EX II • 270 EX II

etaV8R
362 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 23, 2013 04:51 |  #111

airbutchie wrote in post #15384785 (external link)
My new "mini" landscape setup...

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/airbutchie/8287​761786/  (external link)

Canon G15 + Canon 58mm Filter Adapter + Hoya Pro 1 Digital CPL + Cokin 58mm Step Ring + Cokin Z Pro Filter System + HiTech 0.9 H.E. (hard edge) GND Filter... Shooting the cityscape of downtown Los Angeles with this setup... Final image to follow...

:D

This is awesome!

I pulled the trigger on the G15 but am rethinking it already even though the camera hasn't arrived yet.
On my G9 I have used the night portrait mode often and it works well. I noticed Canon has removed over half the scene selections from the G12. Anyones thoughts on this would be good to know.

Great shots in this thread are really making me want the 15!

6D & G5X
EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS, EF 24-70 f/2.8L, EF 35-135 USM f/4 & EF 50 f/1.8, Sigma 150-500
580EX, Kenko 2X Pro DG TC
Retired: G15, G9, SD800IS, S45, Elan, AE1-Program

irishjim
120 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 24, 2013 10:15 |  #112

My wife use the G15 at the Cleveland Orchid show this weekend. No tripods allowed and available light only.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i279.photobucke​t.com …2/irishjimoh/IM​G_0190.jpg (external link)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i279.photobucke​t.com …2/irishjimoh/IM​G_0177.jpg (external link)

Canon 7D; Sigma 17-50, EF-S 10-22, Sigma 30mm, Canon 6D; EF 17-40mm, EF 70-200 F2.8 IS II, EF 24-105, Sigma 105mm, Kenko 1.4 & 2.0 Tele con's, Canon G1 X, G5, Konica Minolta 7D & A2, Sony RX100 III.

Svenster80
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Feb 24, 2013 14:16 |  #113

New G15 owner and new to photography in general. Thought I would try taking some photos of my daughter's volleyball game a couple weeks ago. Lighting in the gym is dizmal at best, but I was able to freeze the action at the expense of a darker image. I used Tv = 400. I didn't think using the flash would be acceptable from a distance and distraction perspective to the players/spectators. Thoughts on how to make the photo brighter would be appreciated.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

denncald
Goldmember
2,115 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 24, 2013 14:49 |  #114

Svenster80 wrote in post #15647243 (external link)
New G15 owner and new to photography in general. Thought I would try taking some photos of my daughter's volleyball game a couple weeks ago. Lighting in the gym is dizmal at best, but I was able to freeze the action at the expense of a darker image. I used Tv = 400. I didn't think using the flash would be acceptable from a distance and distraction perspective to the players/spectators. Thoughts on how to make the photo brighter would be appreciated.

I downloaded your image and edited it in Picasa. Basically corrected white balance, added some Fill Light and Highlights, plus a little Sharpening.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Snipit-1-Picasa (external link) by dhc42 (external link), on Flickr

Dennis

Svenster80
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Feb 24, 2013 16:46 |  #115

denncald wrote in post #15647319 (external link)
I downloaded your image and edited it in Picasa. Basically corrected white balance, added some Fill Light and Highlights, plus a little Sharpening.

Dennis

Well that truly makes a difference. Thanks Dennis. I have not ventured into the processing software yet, other than opening the programs up that came with the G15. Amazing that you were able to really brighten up the pictures so much. Now I'll need to look at Picasa. So much to learn, but I'm starting with the camera first so I can understand what does what and why.

denncald
Goldmember
2,115 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 24, 2013 18:20 as a reply to  @ Svenster80's post |  #116

I chose Picasa because you are a beginner, and Picasa is free. I also have Lightroom and Photoshop Elements 10. However, most of my quick fixes are with Picasa so I can share with friends and family for a few via email, and larger groups via Picasa web albums. It's easy, and Picasa editor is more helpful than it was a few years ago. To "fix" your photo took about 15 seconds.

If you plan to purchase editing software, I would recommend Photoshop Elements latest edition - #11. Others will suggest Lightroom and/or the full version of Photoshop. There are some learning curves to all the software, but Picasa is the lowest, and Elements would be next, in my estimation. Don't be afraid to also play with the Canon supplied software, especially when processing RAW files. You should start learning about it using the free Canon tutorials.

http://www.learn.usa.c​anon.com …rials/dpp_tutor​ials.shtml (external link)

Dennis

2mnycars
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 24, 2013 20:06 |  #117

Thank you Dennis. You have helped me.
Dave

Dave

Otohp
331 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 02, 2013 21:50 |  #118

IMAGE NOT FOUND

rachero!want! (external link) by Otohp70 (external link), on Flickr

Otohp
331 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 04, 2013 19:25 as a reply to  @ Otohp's post |  #119

IMAGE NOT FOUND

first garden fire this year ;-)a (external link) by Otohp70 (external link), on Flickr

2mnycars
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 04, 2013 20:12 |  #120

Otohpwoot hp thanks for showing our work!

Dave

sponsored links

194,529 views & 166 likes for this thread
G15 Photos Thread
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.