Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 04 Mar 2013 (Monday) 20:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Ford Modeling Agency called - they want their model back!

Tawcan
Goldmember
2,679 posts
Joined Apr 2004

Mar 06, 2013 15:55 |  #16

Great shots!

boblai.com (external link) |Facebook Fanpage (external link) | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 06, 2013 16:34 as a reply to  @ Tawcan's post |  #17

Always a fan of your work Lisa!!! Fabulous.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

advaitin
Goldmember
4,620 posts
Gallery: 432 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2003

Mar 06, 2013 17:56 |  #18

Jermainek wrote in post #15683323 (external link)
I know that when you post something on a public forum you are to expect a mixture of positive praise and constructive criticism, however it's all in the delivery and your initial response wasn't very well thought out - perhaps something like "Do you have any photos which display a broader range of facial expressions from the shoot as this would really enhance the collection", in the first instance would have been a far better approach.

Good Lord! You wouldn't want to read what I write when I'm critical. I said what I meant about the series as presented. I stepped back a bit when I said it was unfair to judge on a few images, but referred to the unfairness of the historical portfolio review. That was the era in which I worked. The era has changed, I am long retired but still see the world in those terms.

Canons to the left, Canons to the right,
We hold our L glass toward the light,
Digitizing in a snap reflective glory
That will forever tell our imaged story.

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 06, 2013 18:19 as a reply to  @ post 15684412 |  #19

advaitin wrote in post #15679397 (external link)
Nice model. But that was it, nice. I didn't see enough expression change to warrant praise. Her look was always genial. That's not enough in the terror-world of high fashion.

Terror World of high fashion?
Lol.it is a series of photos of a beautiful girl who wanted her photos taken. Not a Diva looking to run up the ladder of model-dom.

You bring your prejudice to this I think.:confused:

Lisa, she is stunning( no hearts and flowers here, but honesty), and you did her beauty proud!

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

Jermainek
253 posts
Joined May 2010

Mar 06, 2013 18:23 |  #20

advaitin wrote in post #15685070 (external link)
Good Lord! You wouldn't want to read what I write when I'm critical. I said what I meant about the series as presented. I stepped back a bit when I said it was unfair to judge on a few images, but referred to the unfairness of the historical portfolio review. That was the era in which I worked. The era has changed, I am long retired but still see the world in those terms.

No Sir I wouldn't! However regardless of the era you're used to, politeness is timeless. That's said, let's move on.

Lisa, I think this is a nice series - sorry, I'd meant to say that earlier - I would love to see some more once you've finished editing.

EOS R | 24-70 L II | 70-200 f2.8 L IS II | Jermaine Kelly Photography (external link)

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,702 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 06, 2013 18:28 |  #21

Two and three are my favs from this set. I also love the one with her fiance where she is pulling on the edge of her hat.

Shane
flickr (external link)

sgtbueno
807 posts
Joined May 2012

Mar 06, 2013 22:29 |  #22

Great set, love the model.

Wedding Photography by Felix Bueno Photography (external link) -- Facebook (external link)
1x Canon 5DIII - 2X Canon 5D Mark II - Sigma 35 1.4 - Sigma 50 1.4 - Sigma 85 1.4 - Canon 85 1.2 - Canon 100L IS - Canon 135L F2 - Canon 16-35L II - Canon 70-200 2.8 II IS - 6X YN600EX-RT -Canon 580EX II X 2- Canon 430EX II X3- Yongnuo YN-565EX - and tons of Radio Poppers :)

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 07, 2013 09:06 |  #23

LisaJH wrote in post #15677379 (external link)
Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mary make it big someday. She is absolutely GORGEOUS, with a personality to match...5'10" too so she's got the height! I have no idea how I can pick just 8 favorites, but I'll try (I still have 300 in her Lightroom catalog that I am somehow supposed to cull down to about 30). This girl cannot take a bad pic! These were shot with natural light (mostly...the piano shot was OCF) and a combo of lenses...the 50L, 85L, and 70-200L II. More on my blog (external link) if you are interested in seeing some of the others.

nice set!

datamon
26 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 07, 2013 20:36 |  #24

Lisa --

I am a big fan of your work. Two questions:

1. About what % of your shots are with flash?

2. What is the typical range for number of shots taken during a senior portrait session?

LisaJH
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,887 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 07, 2013 21:11 |  #25

Thank you guys! I appreciate your comments!

Probably 99% of my photos are all natural light only. I break out the OCF for a few shots usually on my senior sessions, but that's about it. I typically take about 1 8GB memory card worth of photos per session...so 300 maybe? Then I painfully cull them down and show around 25-35 edited images. I went a little overboard with this session. :D

~Mom of 11 and Professional Photographer~
5DIV | 5DIII | 5DII | 40D | 400L | 200L | 70-200L II | 85L | 50 1.0L | 50 1.2L | Sigma 50mm Art Lens | 16-35L II | TS-E 90 | 100 Macro | Random Lensbaby & OCF Gear
Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link)

datamon
26 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 08, 2013 05:33 |  #26

advaitin wrote in post #15679397 (external link)
Nice model. But that was it, nice. I didn't see enough expression change to warrant praise. Her look was always genial. That's not enough in the terror-world of high fashion.

Quite a jump from a teenager getting some senior photos done to the "terror-world of high fashion" :-P ==> :evil:

advaitin
Goldmember
4,620 posts
Gallery: 432 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2003

Mar 08, 2013 12:59 |  #27

datamon wrote in post #15690872 (external link)
Quite a jump from a teenager getting some senior photos done to the "terror-world of high fashion" :-P ==> :evil:

Not if you are playing off the title of the thread. I see some of you here need assistance in catching the drift.

Canons to the left, Canons to the right,
We hold our L glass toward the light,
Digitizing in a snap reflective glory
That will forever tell our imaged story.

01Ryan10
Goldmember
1,077 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Mar 08, 2013 14:52 |  #28

Great pics. You put a ton more on FredMiranda.

http://RyanLunaPhotogr​aphy.com (external link)
IG: @01ryanluna10 (external link)

LisaJH
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,887 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 08, 2013 15:02 |  #29

Thank you. Yes Fred Miranda doesn't have an annoying image posting limit. :P

~Mom of 11 and Professional Photographer~
5DIV | 5DIII | 5DII | 40D | 400L | 200L | 70-200L II | 85L | 50 1.0L | 50 1.2L | Sigma 50mm Art Lens | 16-35L II | TS-E 90 | 100 Macro | Random Lensbaby & OCF Gear
Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link)

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,702 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 08, 2013 15:12 |  #30

LisaJH wrote in post #15692659 (external link)
Thank you. Yes Fred Miranda doesn't have an annoying image posting limit. :P

I have to admit, I was slightly annoyed when I opened your image heavy post on Miranda... Only because I kept thinking, "Damn it, why dont my images look like that." :lol:

Shane
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

6,579 views & 0 likes for this thread
Ford Modeling Agency called - they want their model back!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.