Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 11 Mar 2013 (Monday) 12:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

please help me add a backgroun/ layer

Romax12
189 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 11, 2013 12:23 |  #1

hello guys.
im a beginner in ps and all i know for now is just how to use simple tools like cloning and eraser, moving, magnifying etc..
I have a friend how has a project that needs to be done in the next days.
my problem is that the background looks too fake because i erased it because of the shade.
this image is from my iphone and i will put the original copy of the edited version tommorow. but for now i hope you can teach me how to add layers, and if possible to add one in here:

http://i49.tinypic.com​/v3myae.jpg (external link)

it should be some kind of a wall (you know, like the walls on old houses that hurts your hand when you touch them) and another question: how can i make the bar that holds the jeans to be more visible? thanks alot! it is very improtant to me!

Canon t3i
--- EF-S 18-135 f3.5-5.6 IS --- EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS usm ---
600ex-rt and yn-622c (2x)

PhotosGuy
75,913 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Mar 11, 2013 22:25 |  #2

Using masks to hide parts of the image: the links in this will help.
Need to remove a background from something?

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

Romax12
THREAD ­ STARTER
189 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 12, 2013 00:32 |  #3

thank you for the replay, although i didn't understand it and i have to go to school now and i need this project to be done asap. the files included are the background wall and the image in photoshop. i was following this guide on youtube: http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=ly0xxi3_JpI (external link)
but i am stuck in the part after adding the background. I can't right click on the picture after putting the background to cover it. anyway, those are the files. I want it to look as real as possible: http://www.f2h.co.il/f​5kqplppxrm (external link) http://www.f2h.co.il/g​h166wmslvr (external link)

Canon t3i
--- EF-S 18-135 f3.5-5.6 IS --- EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS usm ---
600ex-rt and yn-622c (2x)

PhotosGuy
75,913 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Mar 12, 2013 10:20 |  #4

I sent you a PM, & I don't know what language that is on the site, but I'm not going to download it, which might be another reason why you haven't had other replies from us. Sorry.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 14, 2013 06:48 |  #5

Check the "updated" video tutorial that was posted on youtube, using a layer mask instead of erasing the background. That will give you more flexibility in restoring parts you accidently lost.
Alternatively, watch a better tutorial: http://scottkelby.com …eaturing-deke-mcclelland/ (external link)

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

628 views & 0 likes for this thread
please help me add a backgroun/ layer
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.