Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 09 Mar 2013 (Saturday) 13:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Really Right Stuff Customer Service

w00tabulous!
THREAD ­ STARTER
199 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 10, 2013 16:46 |  #16

craig_k wrote in post #15699234 (external link)
there is a "live-chat" feature on the website thats maintained during regular business hours, where any product question\help will be handled immediately..no wait for any email correspondance or the toll free tele number would work as well .......

Thanks Craig. It must be my eyes, but i seem to be missing the live-chat button on their website. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks again.

flickr (external link) | w00tabulous! photography (external link) | facebook page (external link)

sponsored links
NewEnglandPhotographer
Goldmember
2,343 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 10, 2013 16:55 |  #17

i don't see it either.

Canon 7D | 70-200mm f2.8is II L | 24-70mm f2.8 L | 50mm f1.8 | 28mm f1.8 | Canon 1.4x TC II | 580EX II

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 10, 2013 17:26 |  #18

The reason you guys don't see it is because it's Sunday afternoon (as of this posting) and they only offer the Live Chat feature when they are open during the week.

Bryan

My Gear List

w00tabulous!
THREAD ­ STARTER
199 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 10, 2013 17:52 |  #19

Normally a commercial website will show the button, but it will state; "live-chat offline". I doubt they remove the button every evening/weekend, but this could be possible indeed. I'll keep an eye on it during the next week, thx ;)

flickr (external link) | w00tabulous! photography (external link) | facebook page (external link)

pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 10, 2013 18:05 |  #20

It really would be nice to get a quotation based on that photo - then RRS would make sure to correctly identify everything.

And lots of companies do give rebates if specifically receiving requests for quotations. I have saved quite a lot of money that way.

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 10, 2013 22:58 |  #21

^^^ Yep, buying that much stuff in a bundle, I would ask for a discount. I bet they may knock off 5-10%.

Bryan

My Gear List

w00tabulous!
THREAD ­ STARTER
199 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 11, 2013 02:45 |  #22

I was hoping to get a discount indeed. Well, hope to get in touch with them soon :D

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,725 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 11, 2013 05:23 |  #23

Did you use a web form of email directly to info@reallyrightstuff.​com (external link)?

Also, they have a toll free number but don't know if its international. I'd be surprised I'd it's not.

I've found over the years, having recently purchased one of their tripods, that their service is among the best in the industry.

Mark

w00tabulous!
THREAD ­ STARTER
199 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 11, 2013 06:08 |  #24

I also can't seem to find the web form, Mark.

Besides..
When i try to register a account on RRS it asks me to fill out the security question (re-captcha, anti-spam), but this image verification thing is no-where to be seen on the registration page.. I tried IE 10, Mozilla and Chrome.

Really not right stuff haha!

w00tabulous!
THREAD ­ STARTER
199 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 11, 2013 15:19 |  #25

craig_k wrote in post #15699234 (external link)
there is a "live-chat" feature on the website thats maintained during regular business hours, where any product question\help will be handled immediately..no wait for any email correspondance or the toll free tele number would work as well .......

Thanks again for this Craig. As a matter of fact the live-chat button does only appear during regular business hours. Sorry i doubted that.
Never seen it before. Just spoke to Mark and he said Spencer is going to check my e-mail / create a quote. Can't wait :cool:

I'll keep you posted!

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,725 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 11, 2013 15:41 |  #26

great. I was actually meaning if you used a web form, sometimes those take longer for a reply than a direct email. Glad you got in touch with them.

And I hate those antispam things, where you have to decipher the words. I realize they serve a valuable purpose, but often times all it does is keep me out. :lol:

w00tabulous!
THREAD ­ STARTER
199 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 11, 2013 16:22 |  #27

MDJAK wrote in post #15703287 (external link)
great. I was actually meaning if you used a web form, sometimes those take longer for a reply than a direct email. Glad you got in touch with them.

And I hate those antispam things, where you have to decipher the words. I realize they serve a valuable purpose, but often times all it does is keep me out. :lol:

Oh like that, yes got to agree ;)

I wonder if they don't notice no new accounts are being made (which means no new orders are placed directly via their website), because this re-captcha image verification
isn't showing up in most common browsers and users are obligated to fill out this verification ..which they can't even see!

When i receive my quote i will inform them about this fact because this is a big issue for them.

w00tabulous!
THREAD ­ STARTER
199 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 14, 2013 17:23 |  #28

Just wanted to mention my experience with RRS customer care has changed from negative to very positive! :)

Mark, Jim and Spencer were very helpfull via live chat and/or e-mail.

Now, i arrived at the point where there's almost no turning back. But before i buy the setup mentioned before (as been seen in the image in a previous post of this thread) i would like to hear your opinion if it's really a good idea, or not, to buy this setup? It is a huge amount of $$$ to me and i need to be sure this setup would come in handy when shooting with my 7D + Canon 100mm 2.8 L IS or MP-E 65? Or is this setup only ment for the 180mm macro lens?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!

bruceq
108 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 14, 2013 18:56 |  #29

That's a huge some of money you're about to spend. No doubt it's the top of the line though. Honestly, I would shoot a PM to LordV who posts on the Macro forum if you're wanting honest input and opinions. His shots are simply phenomenal and he's very helpful.

Cameras - 5D MkII/Grip, 7D/Grip, T1i/Grip
Lens - EF-S 10-22, EF-S 18-55, EF 35-70, EF-S 55-250, EF 17-40L, EF 24-105L IS, EF 70-200 2.8L IS, EF 70-210, EF 100-400L, Sigma 150-500 OS, EF 100L IS, EF 180L, EF 85 1.8, EF 50 1.8

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 14, 2013 23:56 |  #30

^^ Yep, LordV is a true expert in this realm and he always offers up sound and solid advice.

Bryan

My Gear List

sponsored links

2,298 views & 0 likes for this thread
Really Right Stuff Customer Service
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.