Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Klystron
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 15, 2013 10:13 |  #6526

souporman wrote in post #15717929 (external link)
Have you tried turning it off and back on again?  :p

ps: I've been gone a while. Are Fridays now reserved for folks who've won our PotY contest or something? Where is everyone else?

Lurking :rolleyes: (working)

Sony A9, A7R II, Sony A7 III, A5000
zenfolio (external link) - flickr (external link) - 500px (external link)

sponsored links
Spuddyd
799 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2012

Mar 15, 2013 10:19 |  #6527

ps: I've been gone a while. Are Fridays now reserved for folks who've won our PotY contest or something? Where is everyone else?

It's Friday.......It's raining........Drownin​g sorrows in the pub!!!

5DMk4, 16-35 f4L IS, 24-105 f4 L IS, Sigma 35 f1.4 ART, Sigma 50 f1.4 ART, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS, Sigma 1.4 and 2x converters, Lightroom CC.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits!
flickr (external link), Photobucket (external link), My 500PX (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 15, 2013 11:16 as a reply to  @ Klystron's post |  #6528

I'm trying to edit a shoot from sunday which I have no enthusiasm for, the young lady in question turned up with no make up on refused to put any on as " it's not her style " and had black heads and zits which is taking an age to get rid of, if it wasn't for the fact that she paid me for them I would either edit or even bother to process them. Has anyone else had a situation like this? And if so how do you persuade someone on that they are not presenting themselves in the best light? She seemed to think she had a future in modeling but I'm not to sure.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

souporman
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2011
5,462 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Mar 15, 2013 11:32 |  #6529

Ronin Silv wrote in post #15718140 (external link)
I'm trying to edit a shoot from sunday which I have no enthusiasm for, the young lady in question turned up with no make up on refused to put any on as " it's not her style " and had black heads and zits which is taking an age to get rid of, if it wasn't for the fact that she paid me for them I would either edit or even bother to process them. Has anyone else had a situation like this? And if so how do you persuade someone on that they are not presenting themselves in the best light? She seemed to think she had a future in modeling but I'm not to sure.

Why are you even removing them if that's how she wanted to present herself?

Doesn't make much sense to me that she wouldn't want to wear makeup as it didn't represent her 'style', but she's happy for your to digitally alter the finished product.

I suppose if she's paid you and that was the agreement then there isn't much to be done but to get on with it. Have you tried just firing up something like portraiture and setting it to kill?

http://www.evilkitchen​.ca (external link) (365 (external link)) .
500px (external link)
Twitter (external link)http://365.evilkitchen​.ca (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 15, 2013 11:45 |  #6530

Kev I'm trying not to do that much but as I'm getting a bit of a reputation with local models who are asking me now to shoot them, this girl is on some of the local modeling groups on facebook and I don't really want photos that I've shot appearing on these groups saying I've taken them and girls who have already booked shoots or who are thinking of doing so with me thinking this the standard of work I normally do. I think in future I'm going to have to be more careful about who I shoot.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 15, 2013 11:47 as a reply to  @ souporman's post |  #6531

I did indeed try that first, so there :p

Ronin Silv wrote in post #15718140 (external link)

sounds very difficult - not sure what I'd do tbh. Maybe what Kev suggested.

I've been fiddling around with layers and textures. Our friend in Norfolk who owns and manages several holiday cottages has agreed I can put some of my work up in the cottages, so I've been going through my images that are more generic and adding textures to make them a bit vintage shabby chic etc. I do think it's a bit twee and nonsense but if they sell, they sell. Trying to put my commercial head on! So we'll see. Anyway here's a few.

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8102/8559184967_9edcd893b5_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/penel/855918496​7/  (external link)
IMG_9301b (external link) by Penelope Malby Photography (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8237/8560291636_73540a3b38_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/penel/856029163​6/  (external link)
IMG_9692 (external link) by Penelope Malby Photography (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8374/8559188337_770c80f58c_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/penel/855918833​7/  (external link)
IMG_5654 (external link) by Penelope Malby Photography (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8512/8560290548_3d20ddd7b5_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/penel/856029054​8/  (external link)
IMG_9795 (external link) by Penelope Malby Photography (external link), on Flickr

when we're up there in April I'll scout around a bit more for more local images, churches perhaps, beach huts etc. Most of the people who stay have dogs, but I can't see anyone buying images of someone else's dog. Maybe pawprints in the sand or a silhouette on the beach I guess...

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

Gundogs
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 15, 2013 11:48 |  #6532

Ronin Silv wrote in post #15718211 (external link)
Kev I'm trying not to do that much but as I'm getting a bit of a reputation with local models who are asking me now to shoot them, this girl is on some of the local modeling groups on facebook and I don't really want photos that I've shot appearing on these groups saying I've taken them and girls who have already booked shoots or who are thinking of doing so with me thinking this the standard of work I normally do. I think in future I'm going to have to be more careful about who I shoot.

how about making friends with some local make up artists who are at college - they can practise then too? make it part of the shoot cost?

my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 15, 2013 11:54 |  #6533

I like them Penel.

I do have some MUA's I know and have worked with a couple the trouble with this particular girl is she won't wear make up she even complained to me that another photographer had added some post and ruined her photos I think it was at that point I knew I shouldn't of said I'd do the shoot.

Gundogs
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 15, 2013 11:57 |  #6534

Ronin Silv wrote in post #15718240 (external link)
I like them Penel.

I do have some MUA's I know and have worked with a couple the trouble with this particular girl is she won't wear make up she even complained to me that another photographer had added some post and ruined her photos I think it was at that point I knew I shouldn't of said I'd do the shoot.

crikey that's very difficult then, so she may not even like what you do....

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 15, 2013 12:03 |  #6535

No I think not.

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 15, 2013 13:24 |  #6536

IMAGE: http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/Fluffy.jpg

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

Kaben
Cream of the Crop
6,408 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 15, 2013 14:18 |  #6537

Ronin Silv wrote in post #15718211 (external link)

I would potentially just give her money back and destroy the images.
If they are bad they could do more harm to potential future work than the amount she has paid you is worth.

Especially if she, as you say, spends alot of time on modelling sites and is going to spread them and and wide.

Take it on the chin to preserve your rep. The images will stay around alot longer than any grumbles she makes!

EDIT: Or feign a dead hard drive and say you can reshoot them but be more forceful about her appearance ahead of next time?

Rob
My Gear []
My 500px [] (external link) My Flickr [] (external link)
BridgensPhotography.co​.uk (external link)WorldWar2Photography.c​o.uk (external link)
At Least Dreams Are Free

enigma2099
680 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 15, 2013 14:27 |  #6538

Ronin Silv wrote in post #15718240 (external link)
I like them Penel.

If it was me, and she wanted natural photos without make-up and skin retouching then that's what I'd provide. If I didn't feel it represented the type of shoot I wanted in the future, then I wouldn't use those images in my portfolio or in advertising. Obviously if she wants to post the pictures, she will

Paulhttps://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=10263387

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 15, 2013 15:12 |  #6539

Kaben wrote in post #15718667 (external link)
I would potentially just give her money back and destroy the images.
If they are bad they could do more harm to potential future work than the amount she has paid you is worth.

Especially if she, as you say, spends alot of time on modelling sites and is going to spread them and and wide.

Take it on the chin to preserve your rep. The images will stay around alot longer than any grumbles she makes!

EDIT: Or feign a dead hard drive and say you can reshoot them but be more forceful about her appearance ahead of next time?

enigma2099 wrote in post #15718684 (external link)
If it was me, and she wanted natural photos without make-up and skin retouching then that's what I'd provide. If I didn't feel it represented the type of shoot I wanted in the future, then I wouldn't use those images in my portfolio or in advertising. Obviously if she wants to post the pictures, she will

Thanks for the advice chaps, I'm editing the spots out but that's all and to keep it more natural and hid a multitude of sins and as she did ask for some B+W shots I've processed all B+W. I won't be using any myself and with if she does post them anywhere being B+W they don't look to bad so I might be able to salvage something from this but if she's not happy and asks for her money back I'll give it to her.

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 15, 2013 15:36 |  #6540

Sleeping :)

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

859,166 views & 2 likes for this thread
The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.