Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre People Talk 
Thread started 04 Jun 2012 (Monday) 04:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Shooting girls

skygod44
"in stockings and suspenders"
6,441 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2008
Location: Southern Kyushu, Japan. Which means nowhere near Tokyo!

Jul 26, 2012 01:45 as a reply to  @ post 14771058 |  #31

Wow!
Just spotted this thread....read through the comments (all valid!) and then the "solution".

WELL DONE YOU!

Sometimes, no matter who you're with, when they're in a grumpy mood, you might still get the same - or similar - complaints. BUT, it's finding someone who "gets" you that'll fix that kind of issue.

Regards, and keep doing what makes you happy.

Simon :-)

"Whatever you do, enjoy yourself...otherwise, what's the point."
6D/7D and ALL Canon/Sigma gear SOLD!!!! Now: Olympus PEN EP-5 & OM-D EM-5 Mk2 and 8 lenses!

sponsored links
hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,267 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 27, 2012 09:53 |  #32

paintballkidz wrote in post #14725474 (external link)
Well the solution was ending the relationship, I am happily shooting bikini models with out a worry

not always an option, esp if you start this after you're married, and have kids.

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

AvailableLight
Goldmember
1,208 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jul 29, 2012 06:39 |  #33

hawk911 wrote in post #14777396 (external link)
not always an option, esp if you start this after you're married, and have kids.

Exactly. :lol:

AJ
Rebel T3i (600D)
18-55 | 55-250 | 50 1.8 | 60 2.8 macro | 15-85 | 430 EXII

ceriltheblade
Goldmember
2,484 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 07, 2012 02:59 |  #34

RDKirk wrote in post #14559968 (external link)
Just for the record, this is true. PPA developed stats that said exactly the same thing--87%, actually, of "photography purchasing decisions" are made by women.

When it comes to family work, I don't even bother talking to husbands. Even if the husband brings up the subject (generally, because the wife has said, "We need a family portrait") I make a bit of happy talk and then say, "How about if I get in touch with your wife and work out the details?"

Then the husband gets this big relieved look and I hand him my card.

If you want to photograph a man, talk to the woman in his life.

actually, this is about right for the majority of my decisions! :)
wife's are great! :)

7D/5dIII
50 1.8 II, MP-E65, 85 II, 100 IS
8-15 FE, 10-22, 16-35 IS, 24-105, 70-200 f4IS, 100-400 ii, tamron 28-75 2.8
600 ex-rt, 055xproB/488rc2/Sirui k40x, kenko extens tubes

Halliday
Goldmember
1,135 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 17, 2013 11:00 |  #35

I wife was worried about all the time I spend photographing other women. Then I showed my wife the money. She doesn't mind anymore.

lanceshuey.com (external link)
flickr (external link)
"Like a mechanic who forgets to wipe his hands on a shop rag and then goes home, hugs his wife, and gets a grease stain on her favorite sweater — love touches you, and marks you forever."

Gazpacho
109 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 07, 2013 09:06 |  #36

I actually wondered why i was always only shooting girls, and i got some theories :P

1. They are more attractive to me

2. its my unpaid hobby, so i choose who to shoot

3. In MY opinion there are much more interesting ways to get a good shot out of a girl than out of a guy. More "themes"... i reckon this isn't correct, but i just got the feeling

http://www.facebook.co​m/thorstensphotography (external link)
http://www.thorsten-schroeder.com (external link)

Jephrey
Mostly Lurking
11 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Apr 11, 2013 12:02 |  #37

I think saying you need to choose between her and your profession is a bit harsh :O She's entitled to her opinion and I can understand her point. So I would just explain all the things mentioned here. Surely she will understand if you just make your case and dont just shrug her off. :)

1. They are more attractive to me

Women are in the end the more attractive sex, period. Why are all magazine covers of women, even when they are aimed at women...

blu3ness
40 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 17, 2013 17:59 |  #38

Maybe arrange some photography sessions with your gf? once she knows how the workflow is I think she'll be more understanding of your work. :)

JeremyKPhoto
Goldmember
1,633 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 17, 2013 18:09 |  #39

blu3ness wrote in post #15839221 (external link)
Maybe arrange some photography sessions with your gf? once she knows how the workflow is I think she'll be more understanding of your work. :)

He found a solution. She is no longer in the picture. (sorry had to put it that way) :cool:

5D Mark III / 70-200 2.8L IS II / 24-105L / 50 1.8 stm / Tamron 70-300 VC / Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art

DocFrankenstein
Cream of the Crop
12,324 posts
Joined Apr 2004

Apr 21, 2013 17:28 |  #40

imagesby wrote in post #14715421 (external link)
Control starts out small, like a spider web slowing wrapping around your feet. Eventually engulfing your entire body and making it hard for you to do anything and always seeking permission to do it.

Next thing you know, you’re trapped and she is sucking all your blood out.

Sums up my experience nicely.

National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.

icacphotography
612 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 28, 2013 12:26 |  #41

paintballkidz wrote in post #14725474 (external link)
Well the solution was ending the relationship, I am happily shooting bikini models with out a worry

Good call. If someone I was with told me I couldn't take pictures of whatever I damn well pleased simply because of their insecurity I'd tell them get over it or get lost simple as that. I'm not giving up my hobbies and how I spend my personal time simply for 1 person to love me that's just unfair to me and unrealistic to ask of anybody. Only person I would honestly change for is my son and that's it everyone else if they try and change me can pound sand.

Body:50D gripped Magic Lantern'd
Lenses:50mm 1.8,40mm 2.8,28-105 USM II,70-210 F4, 1962 Asahi Pentax Super Takumar 55mm 1.8
Flash: Canon 430 EX
The camera is just a tool - it is not responsible for the picture.

ktan7
Goldmember
1,016 posts
Joined Mar 2013

May 04, 2013 09:33 |  #42

You must explained to her that a there is a larger percentage of women models out there than male models.

Vancouver wedding photography (external link)
Picture blog (external link)
Mexico wedding photographer (external link)

sponsored links

12,319 views & 0 likes for this thread
Shooting girls
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre People Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.