I have been approached by Studio 1906, a high end photog studio in Down town Los Angeles, to provide a seminar on the business of photography. I wanted to gauge your thoughts on what types of questions people are looking to have answered there. I have provided a general format of what my initial thoughts are, but would LOVE for your input on what I should cover.
I am bringing in 1 art buyer/Account Exec for one of Hollywoods top Ad agencies (if not the best one). 1 high-end agency model, 1 high end MUA, and myself to be the speakers. This is not a workshop where I have a bunch of shooters and I coach. This is a business of photography based seminar.
1) Brief introduction to self and team.
2) Are you ready for large clientele?
Seems that people often complain that they are better skilled or, "i can do better" but can they support a shoot for a fortune 500 company? Do they have the resources, the network, the work/overflow capacity?
3) Discuss shoot workflow.
5) The importance of networking, face to face and social media.
6) Do you have what it takes? Is your skin thick enough?
7) Personal work, testing, agency approval (process and importance).
8) What are the expectations of your freelance team?
9) A models Perspective.
10) an MUAs perspective
11) An art buyers perspective
12) Q/A to panel.
My last question to you all would be what do you think a fair price for all of the would be? I have seen shooting workshops for as much as $450/6hrs. this would be a 4hr seminar in a DTLA high rise studio. Please also consider that this is LA, one of the most ruthless markets in the country.
Anyway, i really appreciate your time and consideration and HELP! thanks much!