Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 10 Jan 2006 (Tuesday) 14:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Boston POTN Meet (2)

this thread is locked
Mistabernie
'Camera Unicorn McSparkles'..
2,744 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 18, 2013 09:56 |  #6421

Harm wrote in post #15727823 (external link)
Naturally you had the bag with fries in it, and the lens in a supersized coke cup, right? Look legit and all the part :D

ha, that actually wouldn't have been a terrible idea.. less oil on the aperture blades that way.

Donate if you love POTN! | Smugmug (external link) | Gear List & POTN Marketplace Feedback
Feel free to call me Bernie.
LIVING PROOF WHY YOU DON'T MENTION THE TITLE FAIRY...

sponsored links
Nathan
Can you repeat the question, please?
7,893 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 18, 2013 12:46 |  #6422

scotteisenphotography wrote in post #15720791 (external link)
Anyone on here have some time and watch to preview a gallery that is going with a long article from something Haiti?..looking for opinions and what people take from it.... send me a DM or comment here and I'll DM you.

I'll look at it.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 50L | 85L II | 100L | 135L | 580 EX II x2

jcpoulin
Goldmember
2,447 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 18, 2013 19:18 |  #6423

I will look. I also have a friend who is moving to Haiti to continue his missionary work there...knows Haiti VERY well....has been there for years. Jim

1DX , 7D,16-35, 24-70 2.8II, 2.8L II, , 70-200 f2.8LII IS, 300 f2.8L IS, 500 f4 IS, 100-400L, Canon 100 2.8 macro, Canon 1.4X, 580ex, AB800X4
Canon CPS Member, PPA
www.capturingtimephoto​graphy.net (external link)

Nathan
7,893 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 19, 2013 08:01 |  #6424

Hey, guys. Pretty cool photo studio for rent. Everything inside is upside down.

http://boston.craigsli​st.org/gbs/phd/3655007​089.html (external link)

symbolphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,623 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Mar 19, 2013 09:17 |  #6425

Cool, do they have boots to hold the model upside down? :)

I'm so over this snow.... like, seriously. What a crappy day, again.

Compact ­ Diss
Goldmember
1,432 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 19, 2013 09:25 |  #6426

symbolphoto wrote in post #15731615 (external link)
I'm so over this snow.... like, seriously. What a crappy day, again.

Hey, guys. Pretty cool photo studio for rent. Everything inside is upside down.

http://boston.craigsli​st.org/gbs/phd/3655007​089.html (external link)

I'm over it too! Especially when I finally arrive to work after a two hour commute on public transportation only to find more than half the company decided not to come in.

This studio looks nice to me, and that's low money if you had a bunch of people to go in with, or if you actually made money doing shoots...

Boston Street Photographyexternal link
Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

Agent ­ Provocateur
946 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 19, 2013 09:33 |  #6427

symbolphoto wrote in post #15727745 (external link)
Seriously man, couldn't believe this guy...

Sorry to hear about this! I personally had 2 types of experience on CL - absolutely fantastic with nicest people showing up, having a laugh, a chat, a cup of coffee or two AND a complete disaster when they start bargaining at the last sec after the goods are in their hands.

We hunted for a house for close to 2 years on MLS (buyers market or not)! With a proper school district a priority we felt that anything under $700 000+ was not good enough (I wanted a renovated, move in ready home, my husband was way more realistic)! $700 000+!?!?!? Boston & burbs are so overpriced! Crappy townhouses for upwards of half a mil!?!? We are not NY or CA either. Now we have a fixer upper that eats away every penny! At least the chance to pile up on the sweat equity is limitless :rolleyes:

I've made a point to donate my fair share before but since having kids I came to believe that some personal example of help would make a better imprint on them. The money concept is somewhat abstract for them... I've been looking into those "volunteer vacations" - anyone had them?

Scott, if it's not too late send me the link also!

My Flickrexternal link
5D3, 21ZE, 35L, 85L II, 135L, 200L II

Nathan
7,893 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 19, 2013 09:34 |  #6428

No idea what part of town it's in. There's a second listing for it that's a bit more... looks like the same location at a glance.

This guy Hector has had it up on Craigslist for about a year now. There must be a catch.

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,663 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 19, 2013 09:45 |  #6429

Agent Provocateur wrote in post #15731684 (external link)
I've been looking into those "volunteer vacations" - anyone had them?

No, never done that. Provided support to things like "Engineers without Borders". Stuff like that.

SmugMug (external link)

symbolphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,623 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Mar 19, 2013 11:00 |  #6430

Agent Provocateur wrote in post #15731684 (external link)
We hunted for a house for close to 2 years on MLS (buyers market or not)! With a proper school district a priority we felt that anything under $700 000+ was not good enough (I wanted a renovated, move in ready home, my husband was way more realistic)! $700 000+!?!?!? Boston & burbs are so overpriced! Crappy townhouses for upwards of half a mil!?!? We are not NY or CA either. Now we have a fixer upper that eats away every penny! At least the chance to pile up on the sweat equity is limitless :rolleyes:

Don't even get me started on home costs here in Massachusetts, specifically inside of 128. I realize we were looking in Milton/Quincy/Dorchest​er and they are direct suburbs of a major city - Boston. I get that. I know we will be paying more than say Lee, Massachusetts. Obviously.

When i watch HGTV and i see these palatial mansions in Texas for $220k and the people are complaining it's too expensive, i want to hop through the TV and smack them. But then, there are always two sides to a coin right? Those Condos in Manhattan that are 750 sq ft that people pay $2000. a month for... i guess someone else always has it worse.

But still, house prices here are ridiculous. I appreciate that my wife and i have jobs and being so close to a major city will ensure that will remain the case. But the price you pay sometimes is insurmountable to the return.

The worst part is that everything is expensive. House work, hiring contractors, landscaping... it doesn't end.

Since we've moved it's been raining and snowing non-stop every week. Looking forward t enjoying the house in the summer, so that i don't have such a gloomy outlook like i do, particularly on days like today.

Grrrr.

Compact ­ Diss
Goldmember
1,432 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 19, 2013 11:06 |  #6431

symbolphoto wrote in post #15732009 (external link)
The worst part is that everything is expensive. House work, hiring contractors, landscaping... it doesn't end.

Exactly. I had lived in my father's house after he died. We replaced the roof, the windows, the boiler-twice due to flooding! The water heater! It truly never ended, we got out. I couldn't deal with the flooding year after year, Melrose has an entire section that floods, pretty much every house in the neighborhood has sump pump hoses leading from their basements...

Boston Street Photographyexternal link
Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

DiMAn0684
Goldmember
1,933 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 19, 2013 11:55 |  #6432

symbolphoto wrote in post #15732009 (external link)
Those Condos in Manhattan that are 750 sq ft that people pay $2000. a month for... i guess someone else always has it worse.

That would be a pretty sweet deal. Most people I know pay over $3k/mo for a condo of that size in Manhattan.

Canon 5D MkII | Canon 16-35mm f/4 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | Canon 24-105mm f/4 | Tamron 70-300mm VC | Canon 430EX II | Benro A2682TB1

Nathan
7,893 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 19, 2013 16:13 |  #6433

Just refinanced my parents' house in NC. Can you believe it? Their monthly mortgage before escrow is $440.

I just wish salaries kept up with mortgage prices.

20DNewbie
"don't listen to me, I'm an idiot"
2,732 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 19, 2013 17:41 |  #6434

I'd love to move down to Maryland as I've got family down there. It doesn't hurt that they're into real estate and they've been wanting all of us up here to move down there for decades.

Both my aunt and cousin told me they could get me into a 3 bedroom 2 bath for between $700-$800 a month mortgage payment with next to nothing down on a 1/2 acre lot(minimum). Even better is the fact the company I work for has a sister company down there and the folks I've spoken with about it are pretty certain I could just transfer down and keep my rate and time in.

That would be livin' the dream, an hour outside of D.C, three hours out of Virginia Beach, five hours from the Outer Banks.

The very best part of it, no more of this God D**n snow!

Christian.

t3ichef
275 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Mar 19, 2013 18:11 as a reply to  @ 20DNewbie's post |  #6435

i work for the state of mass, so as much as i'd love to move to arizona or north carolina or something along those lines, it just aint gonna happen. lol.

sponsored links

676,797 views & 0 likes for this thread
Boston POTN Meet (2)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.