Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 21 Mar 2013 (Thursday) 11:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CANON! READ THIS! What we want from EOS 70D

D@noosh
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Mar 21, 2013 11:30 |  #1

I know there are plenty of threads here about new canon models.

I want people to write "what they expect" about the next XXD camera (70D) according to it's type. for example we surely won't expect 70D to have a UltraHD (4K) technology or the things that we see in EOS 1Dx or 5D series... because the XXD series are not too expensive and those features are too expensive to be included in 70D.

This thread is created to "help" the Canon engineers to make a "better" canon EOS 70D camera. So please write here what features you want from 70D and also what was the problems that you had with 60D.

As I started the thread, I write my "wishlist" for 70D first:

Things I want for the camera:

1) a new Digic6 processor for camera
2) more cross focus points (+) and more dot (□) focus points
3) more ISO sensitiveness (for example iso 25600)
4) Intelligent IS (like the one that SX50 have) so it'd be good for video recording and some cool features like smart shutter (updated versions)
5) Full HD @ 60 fps recording video (and also HD @ 24 fps)
6) "CF card" support
7) "Stereo Microphone" support without the "hiss" sound

And things I don't want for the model:

1) the JPEG limitations that was in 60D in burst mode
2) poor plastic body
3) GPS
4) Touch Screen display
5) Full HD 24FPS support

Write your own ideas for 70D here same as I did. that'll help Canon's research for the 70D and the result would be a more valuable camera for the people who want to buy EOS 70D.

Canon PS SX40 HS :neutral:

sponsored links
RTPVid
Goldmember
3,365 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Mar 21, 2013 11:46 |  #2

D@noosh wrote in post #15739696 (external link)
...This thread is created to "help" the Canon engineers to make a "better" canon EOS 70D camera.......

If the 70D is going to be announced yet this year, it what it is, with only minor tweaking and bug fixing remaining. The 70D may or may not have the features in your list, but Canon is well, well past the market survey / product requirements phase for any DSLR being announced anytime soon.

Tom

D@noosh
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Mar 21, 2013 13:04 |  #3

Well.... we all know that 70D might come this year but there's a fact... the fact is that we're not sure if Canon releases the camera this year or not, So why don't you try to just help Canon by writing your own list here? I'll tell Canon about this thread if people write their list, otherwise I'll delete this thread.

joeburke
114 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Mar 21, 2013 13:12 |  #4

MFA!

joe.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 21, 2013 14:41 |  #5

built in Pez dispenser.

Osiriz
622 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Mar 21, 2013 14:51 as a reply to  @ rick_reno's post |  #6

Good list! I'll add one more thing to it.

Release the camera after the full frame high MP body (and the 7D2), since those cameras are much more important.

That's all!

Ginga
370 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 21, 2013 14:52 |  #7

Osiriz wrote in post #15740347 (external link)
Good list! I'll add one more thing to it.

Release the camera after the full frame high MP body (and the 7D2), since those cameras are much more important.

That's all!

+1 :D

Sony A7R * 70-200 2.8L II * 24-70L II * Samyang 14
Recently sold: 5DIII * Sigma 35 *

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
50,043 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Mar 21, 2013 14:59 |  #8

Curious about this as your first request.

"1) a new Digic6 sensor for camera"

So you want a new marketing term?
Give us the spec that this represents, or at least the shortfall of the previous "digic" that you hope to be improved on. Here, we could just put the new name on and say we've given you what you want :)

By the way, Digic is the cpu, not the sensor.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

HyperYagami
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 21, 2013 18:52 |  #9

I'm Canon. Read.

:-D

5D3 and a few lens
es.

maverick75
Cream of the Crop
5,707 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2012

Mar 21, 2013 19:13 |  #10

Build quality like the 50D instead of 60D, like the flip screen though.

- Alex Corona Sony A7, Canon 7DM2/EOS M, Mamiya 645/67
Flickr (external link) - 500px (external link) - Website (external link)- Feedback -Feedback

KatManDEW
672 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Mar 21, 2013 19:29 |  #11

If it doesn't have a new sensor, I don't care how many bells and whistles it has - they can keep it.

RWatkins
Goldmember
1,229 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 21, 2013 19:52 |  #12

Microadjust. I know.... big request.

Stuff and things
President – International Brotherhood of Instagram Haters

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 21, 2013 20:01 |  #13

Great List...

Where were you two years ago when this was being designed?

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

D@noosh
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Mar 22, 2013 03:22 |  #14

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #15740387 (external link)
Curious about this as your first request.

So you want a new marketing term?
Give us the spec that this represents, or at least the shortfall of the previous "digic" that you hope to be improved on.

Well, as we know, Digic6 is much more faster for video-based processes, for example the new SX280 can record Full HD @ 60fps* while SX50 can only record FullHD @ 24 FPS. I also have a SX40 and I use "CHDK",too. CHDK is a software that allows you to remove the limitations of a PowerShot camera. People found out that because of the Digic5 and the other structures of the hardware of SX40 it is impossible to improve the frame rate of FullHD and also HD video recording. while SX280 uses a Digic6 processor and is able to capture FullHD video @ 60 fps!. The result of using Digic6 in 70D would be a 60 fps video recording. We also know that 60 fps recording is an important feature for people who do professional video shooting with DSLR and also non-DSLR cameras.

Here, we could just put the new name on and say we've given you what you want :)

LOL...

By the way, Digic is the cpu, not the sensor.

oops...sorry! I just wanted to write processor but now I just edited the post!
----

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #15741282 (external link)
Great List...
Where were you two years ago when this was being designed?

I don't know where the other people were :D but I was trying to know what is a DSLR camera at that time! :)

And a big thanks to the people who write their list. Continue writing your list please. I hope that the guy who said that he is from the Canon, was not joking!

Guys, one question. how could we contact Canon so that Canon engineers will watch this thread?

adza77
652 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 22, 2013 06:15 |  #15

Careful... you may just be making a list for canon to NOT include in the 60D to encourage you to upgrade to the 7D2. ;)

But I agree with RWatkins- Microadjust is one of the higher of the reasons I never considered the 60D and went with the 550D.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln

sponsored links

12,007 views & 0 likes for this thread
CANON! READ THIS! What we want from EOS 70D
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.