Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 20 Mar 2013 (Wednesday) 01:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Battery Life and Memory Capacity

lundgrenj
363 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 20, 2013 01:06 |  #1

I'm going to be in the field, and have never shot so much video remotely (or not that much either at once).

Likely it will be about 3-4 hours of video, lots of start and stop, focusing, interviews, b-roll video, etc.

How many batteries would you bring (I have 4 Batteries)?

Two camera bodies.

How much memory (I was thinking about 64 GB or more)?

I'll also bring a grey card, reflector, lenses, flash (For night photos if needed), digital audio recorder, with extra AA batteries.

What am I missing or mis allocated for this? I'm trying to plan well. Suggestions?

Canon 7D, 6D

evan55
38 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 21, 2013 23:29 |  #2

Good question, I'm wondering the same if I need to buy a battery grip.

60D | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tokina 11-16 | Sigma 18-200 | Canon 75-300 | RC-6 | YN-568ex | YN-622 | RĂ˜DE Videomic

lundgrenj
THREAD ­ STARTER
363 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 21, 2013 23:32 |  #3

I don't think a grip is needed, I can just swap out for a fresh battery. I'm thinking a battery will run about an hour and 15 min or so in Video mode.

Canon 7D, 6D

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Mar 21, 2013 23:32 |  #4

I don't actually own a dSLR that has video capability, but to find out how many batteries and cards I need I would run some tests to see how much video I can get on my largest card, and how much battery is used doing so. Extrapolate from there how many cards/batteries you'll need and then add an extra of each to be safe.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

714 views & 0 likes for this thread
Battery Life and Memory Capacity
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.