Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 21 Mar 2013 (Thursday) 11:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CANON! READ THIS! What we want from EOS 70D

DeFinitive
233 posts
Joined May 2011

Mar 22, 2013 08:08 |  #16

adza77 wrote in post #15742403 (external link)
Careful... you may just be making a list for canon to NOT include in the 60D to encourage you to upgrade to the 7D2. ;)

But I agree with RWatkins- Microadjust is one of the higher of the reasons I never considered the 60D and went with the 550D.

After seeing Canon's latest offerings you have to think what on earth will the 70D be like especially with 7DII not far away. It definitely should have a micro adjust feature as most decent cameras should, no XXD and above should be without it, they should also include it in the latest XXXD models.

-Doug-
Canon 70D, Canon 550D (wife), EF-S 10-22, EF 35L, EF-S 17-55, EF 50 f1.8 II, EF 70-200 f4L IS, Speedlite 430EX II. Olympus OM-D E-M5, 45 f1.8, 17 f1.8.
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
D@noosh
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Mar 22, 2013 14:27 |  #17

Careful... you may just be making a list for canon to NOT include in the 60D to encourage you to upgrade to the 7D2.

If canon won't do these things on 70D, the camera will probably have the same "upgrading" story of T5i (700D) over the T4i (650D),see? ...

Canon PS SX40 HS :neutral:

Dinzdale40
252 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2006

Mar 22, 2013 15:19 |  #18

Am I the only one that kind of likes a plastic body? Plastics today are so advanced it would take way more abuse than the magnesium ones that iirc, i have seen the bodies break when dropped.

-Daniel

5DMk3

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,392 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Mar 22, 2013 19:11 |  #19

Dinzdale40 wrote in post #15744132 (external link)
Am I the only one that kind of likes a plastic body? Plastics today are so advanced it would take way more abuse than the magnesium ones that iirc, i have seen the bodies break when dropped.

There was a thing on youtube a few years back that essentially proved that the plastic canon bodies were sturdier than the metal ones... It was all the buzz when the 60D came out.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

boerewors
Goldmember
1,948 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Mar 22, 2013 20:22 |  #20

Its too late to make requests now. The 70D Prototypes are already being tested by now in several forms. However i can still add my opinions.

What i like to see:
- a newly developed sensor with improved shadow noise / banding. Ie: more dynamic range
- built in AF assist beam

What i dont like to see:
- the same old sensor with higher ISO wizardry from the faster digic processor. Same like all the new cameras canon are comming out with these days

What i like to see but have no faith in:
-MFA

What i think other forum members are dreaming about and will never happen again on xxD bodies:
- magnesium body

The 60D is already the perfect camera for me except for the lack of MFA. If the 60D had MFA, one stop more ISO sensitivity and a built in AF assist beam, i would never need to upgrade for the rest of its life.

The most important piece of gear you own, resides in your head and its called your brain.

Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
12,773 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2003

Mar 22, 2013 22:58 |  #21

D@noosh wrote in post #15739696 (external link)
Things I want for the camera:

4) Intelligent IS (like the one that SX50 have) so it'd be good for video recording and some cool features like smart shutter (updated versions)

I am kinda confused on this, you want the 70D have to inbuilt IS rather than having it on all the lenses like they do at the moment?

never ever going to happen.

as for what I want.... nothing I just got the 6D. :)

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 22, 2013 23:42 |  #22

On any new Canon, all I like to see is a nik name like "Nikon-killer"! or a similar but Meaning thingy.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

D@noosh
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Mar 23, 2013 03:25 |  #23

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #15744860 (external link)
There was a thing on youtube a few years back that essentially proved that the plastic canon bodies were sturdier than the metal ones... It was all the buzz when the 60D came out.

Exactly, What I wrote in my "don't want" list was " poor plastic body" which on the other hand means a quality plastic body is good. (because it's cheaper but although strong enough and lighter than metal ones)

Mark0159 wrote in post #15745410 (external link)
I am kinda confused on this, you want the 70D have to inbuilt IS rather than having it on all the lenses like they do at the moment?

Well it's just a cheap software, the Intelligent IS is not a big expensive thing, Canon can add it while we can use it as an option with the lens IS.

Canon PS SX40 HS :neutral:

sega62
755 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 26, 2013 02:44 |  #24

2013 March

24th We're told [thanks] that a 'preview announcement' for a high MP camera is likely for September/October, along similar lines to announcements associated with some of the recent EOS video cameras [hopefully not for a timescale like the 200-400 lens] and that it is currently most likely at around 47MP, although 39MP and '50+' versions are in test. The camera is dependent on technologies that will appear later this year in the 7D Mk2.
Given the distant time frame I'm still only giving this a 'that would be nice' level of confidence, even though it's from someone I've known for a while. Plans change, but I was told that the D4x was seen as a very definite competitor.

Azathoth
" ...whose name no lips dare speak aloud"
1,343 posts
Gallery: 498 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2012

Mar 27, 2013 11:58 |  #25

Something as good as (or better than) the Nikon D7100.

500px (external link) | flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link)

dnauer
523 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 28, 2013 17:30 |  #26

If the 70D is truly supposed to be a "significant step forward" -- I'd like a sensor that is superior to both the current 60D and 7D (same sensor) -- if another 18mp that is new and improved that is fine, but definitely better noise control in higher ISO -- something where 6400 ISO was very good out of camera without a lot of post, and 12800 was usable. I'd presume the 70D and 7DII would use the same sensor, but that may not be the case. If it were a 20+ mp sensor all the better.

Would want to be above 5fps, closer to 6fps if possible.

Would like an excellent AF system -- my 40D 9pt all cross is pretty good, but it would be great to have that 17 or more cross focus points (heck, and maybe a set with f2.8 or f4 sensitivity beyond and f2.8 center point surrounded by the "normal" f5.6 cross points) with some of the more advanced focus logic -- something to move forward with when I'm shooting action (dog agility and such) that will be superior to the present 60D and allow for some additional complexity AI Servo tracking -- this doesn't have to be top end autofocus, but I hope some meanintful advancement.

MFA and the associated upgraded features on a lot of these cameras (e.g. CA and viginette corrections, HDR options, better multi-exposure and AEB).

Metering that uses the more advanced logic available on the current newer cameras, maybe something like a 6D metering capability.

No reason to limit flash synch and upper shutter speed as done on the 6D - so 1/8000 max shutter with 1/250 synch in flash --

Good video capabilities -- it doesn't have to be top end like the 7DII or 5DIII should be, but good HD video that improves on the present sensor (60D/7D) capabilities -- in otherwords an improvement in this area without being high end would be very acceptable to me.

I'd love to see a 100% viewfinder, but probably that will be reserved for the 7DII and not the 70D.

My 40D uses CF, so I'd like to see the 70D do that, but that isn't a biggie to me. Single slot in this level of camera is also acceptable to me.

For me maintaining the 60D LCD is OK, but how about a 3.2" LCD? I think I'd like the articulating screen myself, and a bigger one would be jiffy. But 3" >1m dot would be way above my old 40D which is truly at least a significant generation behind the 60D which itself has a nice LCD.

I'm not a biggie on Magnesium v Plastic -- both technologies are proven and would meet my needs -- just good solid construction with better weather sealing as an improvement. My 40D is magnesium the 60D is plastic, whatever.

I'd love to see wifi and gps -- the gps isn't a biggie to me, but the wifi would be, uh, "jiffy"

I hope those kinds of things don't result in a $2k 70D, so I'd like to see at least some of this without blowing the price window in that <$1.1k price range. As such, all if this may be too much to hope for -- but that would make it something I'd upgrade to quickly, and that is what is asked in this thread. I think the #1 area is the sensor -- will it be improved or just the same one rehashed?

Dave
70D; EF 24-105 f4L IS; EF 70-300 f4-5.6L IS; EF 200 f2.8L II; EF 85 f1.8; EF-S 24 f2.8 STM; Σ 30 f1.4; Σ 10-20 f4-f5.6; Kenko Pro300 DGX 1.4x

Hazem
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Mar 31, 2013 07:35 |  #27

A decent stereo mic would be good, and also capable of recording HD @ 24 fps.

pulsar123
Goldmember
2,096 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 31, 2013 21:05 |  #28

MFA - and not just one number per lens, but two numbers for zoom lenses - for the wider and longer ends, the way it is done in 5D3.

6D, Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC, 135L, 70-200 f4L, Laowa 15mm 1:1 macro, 50mm f1.8 STM, Samyang 8mm fisheye, home studio

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
17,826 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Apr 02, 2013 12:22 |  #29

i'd like it to have better AF and FPS than the current 7D...and wifi...

do i think it will...i don't know...i'll probably still hold out for a 7D II

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

nekrosoft13
Goldmember
4,087 posts
Gallery: 185 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 07, 2013 00:22 |  #30
bannedPermanent ban

D@noosh wrote in post #15739696 (external link)
I know there are plenty of threads here about new canon models.

I want people to write "what they expect" about the next XXD camera (70D) according to it's type. for example we surely won't expect 70D to have a UltraHD (4K) technology or the things that we see in EOS 1Dx or 5D series... because the XXD series are not too expensive and those features are too expensive to be included in 70D.

This thread is created to "help" the Canon engineers to make a "better" canon EOS 70D camera. So please write here what features you want from 70D and also what was the problems that you had with 60D.

As I started the thread, I write my "wishlist" for 70D first:

Things I want for the camera:

1) a new Digic6 processor for camera
2) more cross focus points (+) and more dot (□) focus points
3) more ISO sensitiveness (for example iso 25600)
4) Intelligent IS (like the one that SX50 have) so it'd be good for video recording and some cool features like smart shutter (updated versions)
5) Full HD @ 60 fps recording video (and also HD @ 24 fps)
6) "CF card" support
7) "Stereo Microphone" support without the "hiss" sound

And things I don't want for the model:

1) the JPEG limitations that was in 60D in burst mode
2) poor plastic body
3) GPS
4) Touch Screen display
5) Full HD 24FPS support

Write your own ideas for 70D here same as I did. that'll help Canon's research for the 70D and the result would be a more valuable camera for the people who want to buy EOS 70D.

knowing canon lately, if that is what you want, they probably won't delivery on any of it.

Gear List

sponsored links

11,211 views & 0 likes for this thread
CANON! READ THIS! What we want from EOS 70D
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.