Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Kaben
Cream of the Crop
6,408 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 22, 2013 15:35 |  #6646

scriveyn wrote in post #15744150 (external link)
Thanks! My mention of Bridport in my mind included West Bay; went about half way to Golden Cap. Approaching the same area from the west (Lyme Regis) definitely an idea.

Scilly Isles: bit far out for now
Brownsea Island: thought it was off limits for the public, not sure though. I remember taking the ferry to Swanage.

Tavistock is the one place near Dartmoor I was disappointed in *shrug*. Post Bridge was the nearest I got to Princetown. Okehampton is super too.

South Wales is another option to pop over from Bristol, which Anke mentioned. I'll keep that on the cards.

The band is Mike Westbrook's, varying from Duo to Big Band. Got 100+ of their albums/recordings :lol:

Thanks, Kaben,
been to Exeter quite a few times. Lovely old pub in Topsham down the road.

Ah sorry, didnt see it in the top part of your list - my bad!

Yes, we used to do the "Topsham Ten" pub crawl regularly when i was at uni there!

Rob
My Gear []
My 500px [] (external link) My Flickr [] (external link)
BridgensPhotography.co​.uk (external link)WorldWar2Photography.c​o.uk (external link)
At Least Dreams Are Free

sponsored links
enigma2099
680 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 22, 2013 17:55 |  #6647

Ronin Silv wrote in post #15743565 (external link)
First two I've processed from today another freezing day Chloe-Anne did a top job putting up with it with no complaints. Is the first one to contrasty?

Doesn't look like too much contrast to me. Not sure if it's just my screen but the side of her face in the shade could do with a bit of dodging if it can take it. Also, I'd have possibly posed her so that her stomach wasn't flat against the wall. Maybe something to keep in mind for the future - it's so easy to spot these things after the fact rather than at the time.

As Wayne said, the second image could do with a little tidying up.

All just my personal opinion so please take with a pinch of salt :)

Paulhttps://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=10263387

Mark49s
315 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 22, 2013 20:05 |  #6648

scriveyn wrote in post #15743748 (external link)
Hiya all,

As a frequent visitor to the UK I have been lurking on this thread for a while and enjoying it. You bunch do get around, so now I am wondering if you can give me a few suggestions.

I follow my favourite band around Europe as oft as I can, which means mostly Devon or London. And while I'm there I add a few weeks every year of getting my walking boots and camera out, travelling the width and breadth of the UK. I've been doing this for the past 16 years and I need some ideas which places to see.

I am travelling by train & bus, I like both the busy town/city (mostly London of course) and the lonely walks in the countryside/National Parks. For May this year I'll be in the Exeter area for a week and have about 2 more weeks to fill. Perhaps anywhere south of the Liverpool/Leeds line (Yorkshire Dales or North York Moors could be ok, but I don't know whether buses there run just once a day on market day).

Below is a rough list of places/areas I've been to. If nothing else comes up I'll probably revisit a couple of those.

Many thanks for reading my longwinded explanations and looking forward to your suggestions.

Frank

____

several times to the Lake District
Peak District
Bodmin Moor (St. Neot) & Eden Project
Many places on and around Dartmoor
southern part of Exmoor
Exeter to Plymouth Coast
Jersey, Guernsey, Herm
New Forest/Ringwood

Barnstaple
Bath
Bournemouth
Bridport
Brighton
Cambridge
Canterbury
Chesterfield
Hay on Wye
Matlock
Oxford
Plymouth
Rye
Salisbury & Stonehenge
Sheffield
Shrewsbury
St. Ives
Stratford upon Avon
Totnes/Dartington
York
Wells

Brecon, Ystradfellte
Snowdonia
Fishguard
Aberdaron
Swansea
Monmouth
Chepstow
Betys-a-Coed
Caerleon
Gower Peninsula

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Loch Lomond
Isle of Mull
Plockton
Oban
Fort William

Blimey i think you've seen more of the UK than I have! 99% of my suggestions i think you've already been too! My personal favorites are York, the Lake District and the New Forest, if you're down by the New Forest and haven't been already, there is some lovely scenery and little towns/villages by Brockenhurst - i've not visited the area for years, but it's definitely somewhere i want to visit again soon. I'd also recommend the Isle of Wight (external link), which has some very nice scenery (the Needles are pretty famous) and some quaint little villages, Godshill for example. Enjoy your visit! :)

------
My Website (external link) | 500px (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link)

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,186 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 22, 2013 20:14 |  #6649

Mark49s wrote in post #15745026 (external link)
Blimey i think you've seen more of the UK than I have! 99% of my suggestions i think you've already been too! My personal favorites are York, the Lake District and the New Forest, if you're down by the New Forest and haven't been already, there is some lovely scenery and little towns/villages by Brockenhurst - i've not visited the area for years, but it's definitely somewhere i want to visit again soon. I'd also recommend the Isle of Wight (external link), which has some very nice scenery (the Needles are pretty famous) and some quaint little villages, Godshill for example. Enjoy your visit! :)

:lol: +1 for the fact that he has seen more than most 'locals' and I forgot about the Isle of Wight, as you say some great places there.

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

Nanscombe
797 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 23, 2013 02:06 |  #6650

scriveyn wrote in post #15743748 (external link)
Hiya all,

As a frequent visitor to the UK I have been lurking on this thread for a while and enjoying it. You bunch do get around, so now I am wondering if you can give me a few suggestions.

I follow my favourite band around Europe as oft as I can, which means mostly Devon or London. And while I'm there I add a few weeks every year of getting my walking boots and camera out, travelling the width and breadth of the UK. I've been doing this for the past 16 years and I need some ideas which places to see.

I am travelling by train & bus, I like both the busy town/city (mostly London of course) and the lonely walks in the countryside/National Parks. For May this year I'll be in the Exeter area for a week and have about 2 more weeks to fill. Perhaps anywhere south of the Liverpool/Leeds line (Yorkshire Dales or North York Moors could be ok, but I don't know whether buses there run just once a day on market day).

Below is a rough list of places/areas I've been to. If nothing else comes up I'll probably revisit a couple of those.

Many thanks for reading my longwinded explanations and looking forward to your suggestions.

Frank

____

Hi Frank.

A slightly different suggestion from me.

If you are a YouTube viewer look out for videos about "Great British Railway Journeys (external link)". These are from a UK television program where the presenter, Michael Portillo an ex British politician, travels around the country by train investigating places in his 1860s copy of Bradshaws (external link) railway guide.

He visits places looking at a bit of the history of places and how they have changed.

He has also done a series called Great Continental Railway Journeys (external link) using a 1913 edition of Bradshaws guide.

You may find it of interest.

Nigel

FuzzSummit
882 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 23, 2013 02:48 |  #6651

adrian5127 wrote in post #15742565 (external link)
Some nice shots, you could have found something a bit steeper;)

Haha...in all seriousness, steep skiing is about getting a good rhythm, so it's hard to stop for pictures halfway through. Same reason why I don't have many good powder shots. And also due to the fact that stopping for pictures on a powder day = more people tracking up the freshies!

A few more from the archives...

This was one of my favorites hikes...a gorgeous valley ending with an alpine lake ringed by mountains:

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8385/8580062654_c3806e5b01_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/fuzzsummit/8580​062654/  (external link)
Herman Gulch (external link) by FuzzSummit (external link), on Flickr

Really lucked out on this shot. The sunrise looked like a bust until the clouds parted for maybe 15 seconds for a shaft of light to burst through:
IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8578962171_8379b535ab_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/fuzzsummit/8578​962171/  (external link)
Maroon Bells (external link) by FuzzSummit (external link), on Flickr

Crested Butte in the fall offers some of the best autumn colors in Colorado:
IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8234/8578962747_bd69691cc5_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/fuzzsummit/8578​962747/  (external link)
Ruby Range, Crested Butte (external link) by FuzzSummit (external link), on Flickr

Website (external link) || Instagram (external link) || Facebook (external link) ||Blog (external link) ||
Canon 6D || Canon 16-35/2.8 | Canon 35/1.4 | Canon 50/1.4 | Canon 70-200/2.8 | Sigma 85/1.4

scriveyn
Goldmember
1,442 posts
Gallery: 529 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 23, 2013 03:12 |  #6652

Thanks Mark, BB & Nigel

Nanscombe wrote in post #15745739 (external link)
... If you are a YouTube viewer look out for videos about "Great British Railway Journeys (external link)"... .

I' ve actually seen a couple of these over the last two weeks, where he's up near/in Scotland. (I have a sat dish pointed to the BBC :mrgreen: ). The list of episodes on Wikipedia is quite useful and I'll see if I can find some on Youtube. - Also saw many of the walks programmes with Julia Bradbury.

Frank, also known as jazzman
C&C welcome
Image Editing OK (for reposting in the same thread)

I Jazz

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 23, 2013 03:27 |  #6653

scriveyn wrote in post #15745821 (external link)
Thanks Mark, BB & Nigel

I' ve actually seen a couple of these over the last two weeks, where he's up in Scotland. (I have a sat dish pointed to the BBC :mrgreen: ). The list of episodes on Wikipedia is quite useful and I'll see if I can find some on Youtube. - Also saw many of the walks programmes with Julia Bradbury.

Frank I see you've been to Stonehenge have you been to Avebury where there is another stone henge where some of the stones for Stonehenge came from and between the two is an ancient road that has what is thought to be reject stones along the way. AVEBURY (external link)

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 23, 2013 03:50 as a reply to  @ Ronin Silv's post |  #6654

Anke wrote in post #15743776 (external link)
30,000 :)

You spam too much!!:p

FuzzSummit wrote in post #15745798 (external link)
Haha...in all seriousness, steep skiing is about getting a good rhythm, so it's hard to stop for pictures halfway through. Same reason why I don't have many good powder shots. And also due to the fact that stopping for pictures on a powder day = more people tracking up the freshies!

A few more from the archives...

Really lucked out on this shot. The sunrise looked like a bust until the clouds parted for maybe 15 seconds for a shaft of light to burst through:
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/fuzzsummit/8578​962171/  (external link)

Wow that one is something special

Waiting for postie to deliver a 600EX flash and the wireless attachment I bet it does ot arrive because of the snow:(

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

scriveyn
Goldmember
1,442 posts
Gallery: 529 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 23, 2013 04:14 |  #6655

Ronin Silv wrote in post #15745832 (external link)
Frank I see you've been to Stonehenge have you been to Avebury where there is another stone henge where some of the stones for Stonehenge came from and between the two is an ancient road that has what is thought to be reject stones along the way. AVEBURY (external link)

Thanks for the link Ronin, looks like it can be combined with Lacock Abbey. At a quick glance on Goggle maps there are buses from Chippenham to both places.

Frank, also known as jazzman
C&C welcome
Image Editing OK (for reposting in the same thread)

I Jazz

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 23, 2013 04:45 |  #6656

QUOTED IMAGE

Fuzz I forgot to comment earlier but I'm with Adrian on this one cracking shot.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 23, 2013 09:21 |  #6657

For those that do shoots with couples/weddings found this tutorial (external link)on youtube which is covers flow posing which is very good

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 23, 2013 13:54 |  #6658

adrian5127 wrote in post #15745849 (external link)
Waiting for postie to deliver a 600EX flash and the wireless attachment I bet it does ot arrive because of the snow:(

http://www.lightingrum​ours.com …flash-trigger-review-3444 (external link)

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

photogsam
456 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 23, 2013 14:42 |  #6659

QUOTED IMAGE

Fantastic shot!!! looks like volcanic lava seeping down the mountain

Canon 5D Mark 3, Olympus OM-D, Sony A7r with lots of toys to go with them
Photoblog (external link)|My Flickr (external link)| 500PX (external link)

photogsam
456 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 23, 2013 14:53 |  #6660

Very nice :), tempted to buy a set and see how good they are. Got to say though Yongnuo have proved to be such a good brand for me.

Canon 5D Mark 3, Olympus OM-D, Sony A7r with lots of toys to go with them
Photoblog (external link)|My Flickr (external link)| 500PX (external link)

sponsored links

859,269 views & 2 likes for this thread
The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.