Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 Mar 2013 (Friday) 17:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

DROPPED CAMERA!!!!!!!!!

wretha79
102 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 22, 2013 17:49 |  #1

Yes!! Words you never want to hear but my backpack sling wasnt closed when I threw it over my shouder and out came my camera with lens on it. So after that I have had problms with it focusing or it will continue to say busy. I took it o a shop around town the guy eyed the camera and lens said they were perfect nothing wrong with them so as Im taking some photos today it did it again and it wants to wait like a minute before taking another picture cuz its BUSY. Question has anyone had this problem? Is it the lens or is it the camera? I use a Rebel xsi. Any help greatly appreciated.

sponsored links
Ouessant
741 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 22, 2013 18:24 |  #2

Take it to Canon and get a quote, only their technicians can tell what's wrong.

Fran├žois
flickr (external link)

Busted ­ Knuckles
109 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Mar 22, 2013 18:25 |  #3

borrow another lens and see if it gets busy w/ that one. then you will know - sounds like the lens to me.

If you see me with a wrench - call 911. 5d3, T3i, 17-55 2.8, 50 1.8, 70-200 2.8 L II, 24-105 f4. YN 565, Precision Lupe attached to hacked extended eyecup (no sticky frame) - old enough to have owned an original F-1

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
55,736 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 22, 2013 18:27 |  #4

I thought that the only time the busy message popped up was when writing to the CF card. Also, is the busy happening on bursts or on single shots.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

EL_PIC
Goldmember
2,028 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 22, 2013 18:44 |  #5
bannedPermanent ban

Wouldn't it be nice if it was a rubber bounce back case whenever it is dropped ??
I am sorry to say ... Both !!

EL_PIC - RIT BS Photo '78 - Photomask Engineering Mgr
Canon DSLR - Nikon SLR - Phase One 60MP MFDSLR
http://www.Photo-Image-Creations.com (external link)
http://www.musecube.co​m/el_pic/ (external link)
http://www.facebook.co​m/PhotoImageCreations (external link)

Thurman
245 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 22, 2013 18:46 |  #6

Dropped my T3 once, was worried but it was ok just got some deep scratches where the flash is.

Canon EOS Rebel T4i|18-55mm|50mm|55-250mm

orena
544 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Mar 22, 2013 18:50 |  #7

sell it but dont tell anyone you dropped it!!

just kidding!

i'd get it checked with canon

Always do right, this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
5DIII-7D-70-200L 2.8IS II-24-70 2.8 II L -50 1.4--28 135(4 SALE)-580exii-430ex -
http://www.orenaphoto.​com (external link)

advaitin
Goldmember
4,620 posts
Gallery: 432 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2003

Mar 22, 2013 18:51 |  #8

I had an XTi that suffered more than that without stopping functioning. Have you taken the lens off and put it back on? Same with battery.
I know, it sounds crazy, but a complete turn off, remove battery, remove lens, then reinstall battery. Turn camera on, check settings. Turn it off again, lock lens into place, then turn it on again and try shooting some pix. If none of that works, it is Canon's turn.

Canons to the left, Canons to the right,
We hold our L glass toward the light,
Digitizing in a snap reflective glory
That will forever tell our imaged story.

boerewors
Goldmember
1,948 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Mar 22, 2013 20:04 |  #9

Are you using the flash when taking pictures? Sometimes the flash does weird things to the battery and needs time to recharge before being able to flash again. Try closing the flash and taking ambience only images and see if the issue is solved or still persists.

The most important piece of gear you own, resides in your head and its called your brain.

chomish
Goldmember
1,917 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 22, 2013 20:28 |  #10

If its still under the warranty, I would send it into Canon without telling them you dropped it and see what they say. I know it's wrong but what the hell.... Hehe

:) 5D-2 Mark ii :) 16-35 2.8L | 24-70 2.8L | 85 1.2 IIL | 70-200 f4 ISL | 70-200 2.8 IS IIL | 24-70 2.8L |MP-E 65 | 580EX, 430EX, MT24-EX | :p :p :p

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
55,736 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 22, 2013 20:50 as a reply to  @ chomish's post |  #11

Note to self. Do not buy used equipment from chomish or orena.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

wretha79
THREAD ­ STARTER
102 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 23, 2013 07:44 |  #12

I did look into sending them in but without knowing which one is the problem it will be over 300 dollars for the camera I have I really don't think it's worth it but I love my xsi I got a t3 for Christmas but returned it cuz I just didn't like it

casaaviocar
887 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 23, 2013 09:39 |  #13

Some of this behavior may be inconsequential to the drop. First, I think your focus issue might be due to the lens. If it took an impact with the drop, the lens may have been damaged, especially if the lens changes length with focus.

Second, "busy" happens for a couple of reasons, burst mode: waiting for the buffer to clear, this is even worse when while using flash; and, with longer exposures and noise reduction on. Your "busy" might just be due to the photo you were taking at the time.

Before you send it off, or give up on it take some photos in good light and see if this behavior stops.

Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal -ekg-

sponsored links

2,812 views & 0 likes for this thread
DROPPED CAMERA!!!!!!!!!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.