Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk 
Thread started 07 Mar 2013 (Thursday) 06:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Here I am

habakuk
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 07, 2013 06:49 |  #1

IMAGE: http://www.punctumsaliens.ch/landscapes/pub/hereiam_800.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.punctumsali​ens.ch …apes/pub/hereia​m_1200.jpg  (external link)

(click > zoom)

Have a wonderful day.
®

More on my BLOG (external link) ::: www.punctumgallery.ch (external link) ::: www.driftingaway.org (external link) ::: www.goodeye.ch (external link) | Creativity & perception workshops (external link)
Virtual Exhibitions:
Bauwelten Neufeldzubringer (external link) | Sternspuren (external link) | Anderswelt (Otherworld) (external link)

sponsored links
vschapman
444 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Mar 07, 2013 19:54 |  #2

Very nice, love the sandy haze!

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi Gripped | Canon AE-1 Program | Bronica ETRS
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II - EF 50mm f/1.8 II - EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 II - EF 35-80mm f/4-5.6 III - Sigma 70-210mm f/4-5.6
- FD-EOS Adapter - Various FD Lenses - Home Darkroom

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 08, 2013 01:37 |  #3

Thank you, vschapman.

cheers
®

More on my BLOG (external link) ::: www.punctumgallery.ch (external link) ::: www.driftingaway.org (external link) ::: www.goodeye.ch (external link) | Creativity & perception workshops (external link)
Virtual Exhibitions:
Bauwelten Neufeldzubringer (external link) | Sternspuren (external link) | Anderswelt (Otherworld) (external link)

joayne
Cream of the Crop
13,229 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 08, 2013 02:00 |  #4

very unusual and quite beautiful

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

Please Quote the post to which you are responding.

flet4141
24 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 10, 2013 20:33 |  #5

I like it a lot. Did you do anything with color temp or anything else?

5DMkII, 60D, 24-105, 100-400, 2.0TC, Slik tripod, Manfrotto monopod

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 17, 2013 19:15 |  #6

Thanks, joayne and flet4141.

@flet: no, the light was almost that way. Usual RAW development and minor changes to the intensity. But... this is a "sandwich" of two approaches. One is a more documentary landscape approach with classy composition, nice light, prominent eye catcher, leading lines and stuff, and the other layer of the sandwich is a painterly, more impressionistic approach. In fact only the tree, the house and the horizon line (woods on the mountains) are "raw". I am aware this is a provocation to many landscape photographers. I personally am not a landscape documentarist, I am much more a child of Monet and Renoir etc. :) I am painting with light. That's what photos graphein (in greek) originally meant.

cheers
®

Virtual Exhibitions:

S.Johnsen
86 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Mar 19, 2013 07:45 |  #7

Wow that's a fantastic shot!

Stephan is my name. And no, its not pronounced "Step-Han"
De-Gripped 60d | Tamron 17-50 f2.8 non-vc | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Canon 55-250 IS kit lens | Zeiss Distagon 35/2

smmokan
Goldmember
1,202 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 20, 2013 13:04 |  #8

Nice shot, but wrong forum. :)

www.ChasingEpicMTB.com (external link)

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 23, 2013 07:53 |  #9

Thanks!
@smmokan: oops. I didn't really notice that. Maybe a mod want to move the post...

cheers
®

Virtual Exhibitions:

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
15,086 posts
Gallery: 165 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 27, 2013 13:29 |  #10

Is "Here I Am" your title for this image?
If so, I am not quite understanding how that title fits the image . . . could you please explain?
The image is absolutely wonderful; I'd like to know how the title and the image work together.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 27, 2013 14:12 |  #11

Hi Tom.

The optical standing out of the tree led me to an association of native leader/shaman standing on the hill, selfconscious and down to earth: "Here I am" (and rightfully I am here).

I often see this kind of metaphors, stories, associations in scenes and try to tell that story in my pictures. I am a painter that uses photons to draw graphs. That makes me a photo-grapher)
:) Or maybe I am a poet using photography to "write" poems... So, a title always is a part of the process.

cheers
Roland

BTW: sorry if my english is not always good enough to fluidly express myself. It's not my native language...

Virtual Exhibitions:

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
15,086 posts
Gallery: 165 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 27, 2013 14:44 |  #12

Roland,

Now I better understand "Here I Am"

Thanks for the explanation of this most wonderful of scenic images!

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

KLR-VA0501
180 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 05, 2013 10:47 |  #13

Nice. I thought it was a pic of sand dunes which obviously doesn't make sense do to the trees. Nice technique.

Ken
Canon EOS R | EF 16-35 f/4L | RF 24-105 f/4L | EF 70-200 f/4L II | RF 24-240 f/4-6.3

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 07, 2013 06:21 |  #14

Thanks, Ken!

@Tom: glad it helped.

Have a nice sunday all.

cheers
®oland

Virtual Exhibitions:

sponsored links

1,949 views & 0 likes for this thread
Here I am
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.