Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 25 Mar 2013 (Monday) 08:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

High MP Canon in 2014?

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Mar 25, 2013 18:18 |  #16
bannedPermanent ban

rrblint wrote in post #15753034 (external link)
And add Eye-Controled Focus Point selection to it...That would be ideal.;)

By 2014 you will be all over the latest Sony camera with eye control.:eek:

sponsored links
TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,664 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Mar 25, 2013 18:26 |  #17

Alex_Venom wrote in post #15754479 (external link)
That is an option, but you´d have to pay quite a bit extra, lose your warranty and decrease resell value.
An item original from manufacturer would avoid those and probably perform better. ;)

I couldn´t care less for more megapickles, but I´d love to have more DR.

That wouldn't involve the AA filter then, so you could still have what you want, but I don't see Canon just dropping the AA filter, they have been in their cameras before there was video. If I wanted no AA filter, I would buy a camera that has already depreciated and was out of warranty, and then send it in for a $300 change of AA filter. Of all the cameras I have owned, I have needed the warranty ... never. :)

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 25, 2013 18:32 |  #18

TeamSpeed wrote in post #15753651 (external link)
I don't see where Canon has degraded still photographic results? If you don't want the aa filter, just pay a few hundred dollars and hot rod your camera.

Have you seen the results with the AA filter removed from the 5D3? Not as good as one might thinks. :)

panicatnabisco
972 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Mar 25, 2013 19:12 |  #19

Why do people desperately want Canon to be like Nikon? It's starting to sound like cheerleading for a sports team than speculating gear that meet their needs

Canon 1DX III | 1DX | 6D II | 6D | 16-35/2.8 II | 24-70/2.8 II | 35/1.4 II | 50/1.8 | 70-200/2.8 IS II | 85/1.4 IS | 100/2.8 IS macro | 200mm f/2 | 400/2.8 IS II | 2xIII
Leica M8.2 | Noctilux 50 f/1 | Elmarit 90/2.8
afimages.net (external link) | Facebook (external link) | instagram (external link)

davidc502
Goldmember
3,459 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 25, 2013 19:32 |  #20

panicatnabisco wrote in post #15755182 (external link)
Why do people desperately want Canon to be like Nikon? It's starting to sound like cheerleading for a sports team than speculating gear that meet their needs

The grass is always greener on the other side.

I see it all the time with Golf; it just takes a manufacturer with a good marketing campaign to convince Golfers that a new Driver is going to lower their score by 10 strokes or increase driving distance by 20 yards. Why? Because it's now made of out a new composite, is weighted differently, or touts a new shaft. These same set of folks buy new gear, every year, thinking one of these days a company is going to make a club that's going to make them a scratch golfer. Take it from someone who's been Golfing since age 6; it takes a lot of practice and learned technique to be a good golfer. I could take golf clubs made 20 years ago, and put them in Tiger Woods hands, and he's going to beat the crap out of me every time. Don't think for a moment that photography is any different in the game of "gear".

Nikon, Canon, Sony--- They all know how to appeal to our "gear" side of the brain.

My 2¢

P.S. I also play guitar, and the music industry is just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to "gear".

_
My Gear is ---> Here

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 25, 2013 19:37 |  #21

Why do you care if prople want certain features in a camera? Is evolution a bad thing? ;)

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Mar 25, 2013 20:01 |  #22
bannedPermanent ban

Don't want Canon to be Nikon...but do want a high mpix high DR camera since I see it is viable at a decent price.

Why did you buy the 5d3?

Gaarryy
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 25, 2013 21:09 |  #23

I just want new stuff to come out so todays stuff is older and cheaper. I 5dmk3 would be great for me.

---------------Camera, Lens, Flash stuff.. but still wanting more

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,352 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined May 2012

Mar 25, 2013 21:57 |  #24

Hogloff wrote in post #15754993 (external link)
By 2014 you will be all over the latest Sony camera with eye control.:eek:

Don't write me off quite yet Hogloff. I'll have to try it first before I switch, remember?

In the meantime I haven't given up hope yet that Canon will still come through with an ECF equipped camera and a 40 MP sensor with better dynamic range and better high ISO performance would be icing on the cake.:)

Mark

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Mar 25, 2013 22:17 |  #25
bannedPermanent ban

rrblint wrote in post #15755710 (external link)
Don't write me off quite yet Hogloff. I'll have to try it first before I switch, remember?

In the meantime I haven't given up hope yet that Canon will still come through with an ECF equipped camera and a 40 MP sensor with better dynamic range and better high ISO performance would be icing on the cake.:)

Well if we are in a wishful mood, I would also like the LCD to be wirelessly connected to the camera so I could remove the LCD and take it with me away from the sun when I am composing a shot.:)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,352 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined May 2012

Mar 25, 2013 22:33 |  #26

Hogloff wrote in post #15755768 (external link)
Well if we are in a wishful mood, I would also like the LCD to be wirelessly connected to the camera so I could remove the LCD and take it with me away from the sun when I am composing a shot.:)

Nah, just Bluetooth it to your phone...Oh, I forgot. By that time cameras will probably have built-in cell phones.:lol:

Mark

sploo
premature adulation
2,526 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2011

Mar 26, 2013 08:08 as a reply to  @ rrblint's post |  #27

Why do I keep getting the feeling you could add an automatic thread generator for "High MP (or DR) Canon in XXX", where XXX = current year + 1 ;)

Camera, some lenses, too little time, too little talent

JAcosta
Goldmember
1,522 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 26, 2013 08:18 |  #28

jdizzle wrote in post #15755033 (external link)
Have you seen the results with the AA filter removed from the 5D3? Not as good as one might thinks. :)

Id love to see this. Got a link?

Like any of the photos Ive posted?flickr flickr flickr (external link)
^^^Click Here^^^
Chances are you'll see something else you like!

Lowner
THREAD ­ STARTER
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 26, 2013 08:20 |  #29

sploo wrote in post #15756791 (external link)
Why do I keep getting the feeling you could add an automatic thread generator for "High MP (or DR) Canon in XXX", where XXX = current year + 1 ;)

I'd prefer Canon not rush this one. Its crucial to get it right. They have some serious ground to make up and it needs doing with care.

Unlike many here, I want as many MP as I can get, but I also want shadow noise to be a thing of the past.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 26, 2013 08:24 |  #30

JAcosta wrote in post #15756810 (external link)
Id love to see this. Got a link?

Here's one. There was another video I found as well and the results weren't worth the effort.

http://allenscamera.co​m …pecials.html#.U​U-MsPq9LCQ (external link)

sponsored links

9,373 views & 0 likes for this thread
High MP Canon in 2014?
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.