Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 27 Mar 2013 (Wednesday) 11:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Annoying people and their Ipads

darthrazz
THREAD ­ STARTER
69 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2011

Mar 27, 2013 16:00 |  #16

gonzogolf wrote in post #15762434 (external link)
As obnoxious as they are, I understand it. Its as close as you are going to get to interface free photography. For people who want as little complication as possible, this is it.

Absolutley , I own one myself and love it. I just find it annoying when I'm at a recital, play etc. and the person in front of me just holds it up and starts recording, with no thought if they are blocking anyones view.

Canon 5D MKIV • Canon 50mm 1.8 •  Canon 85mm 1.8 • Canon 16-35mm 2.8L II • Canon 24-70mm 2.8L • Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS USM • Canon Speedlite 430ex • Canon Speedlite 430exII

sponsored links
mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,434 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 27, 2013 16:17 |  #17

This guy knows what's up:

http://www.funnyjunk.c​om/funny_pictures/3456​743/Ipad/ (external link)

blueM
"I am the Prince of Dorkness"
1,662 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 27, 2013 16:28 |  #18

Last summer Rome was filthy with them

Kevin

Gear List

imsellingmyfoot
Goldmember
1,026 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Mar 27, 2013 16:30 |  #19

The funniest thing is when they do that in an area where they need to follow someone. I was at the Shell Eco-Marathon last year and they let some people with iPads into the pit lanes and they were tripping all over trying to follow their team. I just chuckle to myself.

BLOG (external link)| flickr (external link) | Buy/Sell Feedback

waterrockets
Goldmember
3,940 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Mar 27, 2013 16:40 |  #20

RWatkins wrote in post #15762551 (external link)
Makes a lot of sense to me - in that the video is on the device you may want to to show it to others. For example, a father might do it to show his wife when she gets home. Having the capture and display device the same is a huge time saver.

iCloud and Google+ prevent this from being an issue. By the time you get home, the video you shot on your iPhone/Android will be ready to play on your iPad/tablet.

1D MkIV | 1D MkIII | 550D w/grip & ML| EF 70-200mm f2.8L| EF 24-105mm f4L IS | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC | 430EXii | EF 50mm f1.8

MikeFairbanks
Cream of the Crop
6,428 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 27, 2013 16:42 |  #21

It can be very rude.

My two daughters were in a play recently with six performances. Parents were welcomed to take lots of photos during the two dress rehearsals (I took and posted hundreds), but once opening night came I was not going to film or take photos. That's just rude in a theater.

Sure enough, one of the actor's mothers pulled out the ipad and filmed it, which not only blocked the view of several people, but cast a light in the faces of a dozen audience members. I couldn't believe how rude it was.

It has nothing, however, to do with Apple or fans of Apple. I love my Apple products and use them daily, but I'm not ever going to pull out an electronic device in a dark theater, making it a problem for others.

If someone wants to take pics of their kids at the park, however, that's fine. It's none of my business what they do. For it to bother me would be my problem. Why should I care?

It's only a problem if it inconveniences someone else.

Thank you. bw!

CosmoKid
Goldmember
4,235 posts
Joined May 2009

Mar 27, 2013 17:24 |  #22

Most people within iPads have iPhones. Those are bad enough but better than a damn iPad.

I bought the domain name and started a Tumblr.

dBagswithiPads.com

Once I collect enough photos I will launch it.

Joe- 2 bodies, L 2.8 zoom trilogy and a couple of primes
iRocktheShot.com (external link) - Portfolio (external link)

Gear/Feedback
Facebook "Fan" Page (external link) -

flickserve
835 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 27, 2013 17:33 |  #23

I saw this happen a couple of years ago in HK. I thought it was behaviour peculiar to HK people who can be pretty selfish about other people around them - not so apparently.

buto
298 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 27, 2013 18:58 |  #24

I understand it's the easiest medium for people to capture and share with others, but I find it really inconsiderate for the people behind them. I dont want to miss something or have to view something through someone else's ipad. Phones are at least small enough that it doesn't get in the way nearly as much as an iPad or other tablet.

John
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/butohairs (external link)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 27, 2013 21:04 |  #25

I've never seen iPad photos or video -- are they of "HD" quality?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,434 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 27, 2013 21:18 |  #26

tonylong wrote in post #15763591 (external link)
I've never seen iPad photos or video -- are they of "HD" quality?

1080p video, 5MP stills on the current one.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 27, 2013 21:27 |  #27

mike_d wrote in post #15763630 (external link)
1080p video, 5MP stills on the current one.

Hmm, thanks for the info!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,430 posts
Gallery: 224 photos
Best ofs: 12
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 27, 2013 21:44 |  #28

darthrazz wrote in post #15761490 (external link)
I recently went to my 4 year old sons pre-school play. It was really cute, except for all the people holding up their Ipads in front of me video taping their kids and blocking everyones view... Anyone else encounter this or think it's rude?

To top it off, most were holding the Ipad vertically, going to look real good on your flat screen!

Spend a week at Disney. Everyone who doesn't have a camera around their neck has an iPad over their head.

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

Luxornv
223 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Mar 27, 2013 21:45 |  #29

I was at Cedar Point (amusement park with a lot of coasters for anyone who doesn't know), and saw a person in the exit of Millennium Force using one to take a picture. I really don't understand it in that setting. I take a lot of pictures at amusement parks, but I do it one of two ways. Either I bring a point and shoot with me that I can fit in my pocket on the rides, or I bring a DSLR with me and don't ride anything. iPad just doesn't make any sense as it's not a real camera, and it cannot fit in your pocketon rides.

Canon Rebel T3i - 18-55mm Kit lens- Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 - Rokinon 8mm Fish Eye - Canon 40mm f/2.8 Pancake - Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,430 posts
Gallery: 224 photos
Best ofs: 12
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 27, 2013 21:47 |  #30

Luxornv wrote in post #15763704 (external link)
I was at Cedar Point (amusement park with a lot of coasters for anyone who doesn't know), and saw a person in the exit of Millennium Force using one to take a picture. I really don't understand it in that setting. I take a lot of pictures at amusement parks, but I do it one of two ways. Either I bring a point and shoot with me that I can fit in my pocket on the rides, or I bring a DSLR with me and don't ride anything. iPad just doesn't make any sense as it's not a real camera, and it cannot fit in your pocketon rides.

I take my DSLR on rides. Once getting on Space Mountain at Disney the ride worker was telling me of how they found what they believed to have once been an iPad on the ground under the ride. :lol: They turned on the lights at the end of the night and there were bits of shattered iPad everywhere. :D:lol:

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

sponsored links

10,641 views & 0 likes for this thread
Annoying people and their Ipads
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.