Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 14 Oct 2008 (Tuesday) 18:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Camera Bag Reviews - The Complete List

this thread is locked
Staszek
Goldmember
3,605 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 06, 2013 18:51 |  #271

Think Tank Photo Urban Disguise 60 V2.0 Review

"Upon first packing, I immediately fell in love with the UD60. Its build quality is top notch, it offers plenty of modular options, and it held my complete day's worth of gear for most editorial assignments. Within the first few months of use, I thought the UD60 was the perfect shoulder bag for the professional photographer." Read the detailed review here – http://blog.soskiphoto​.com …photo-urban-disguise.html (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8006/7586154330_aa9e983b3d_z.jpg

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)
Shooting with big noisy cameras and a bag of primes.

sponsored links
samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 06, 2013 18:54 |  #272

^^^Good subject for moire issue testing.
Now where is that nikon d800e .

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

Staszek
Goldmember
3,605 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 06, 2013 19:04 |  #273

samsen wrote in post #15685263 (external link)
^^^Good subject for moire issue testing.
Now where is that nikon d800e .

Haha good eye! I believe that photo was shot with the 7D. It'd be interesting to see how the D800E pans out.

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 11, 2013 15:26 |  #274

Excellent review.
Sorry about your over-loading injury. Unfortunately, we can all do it. And loaded bags are much harder to work out of.
I bought a lighter version. UD 40 (version 1) and I've kept it because of its incredible build quality. It has been replaced a couple of times. Retro 10PS was the first; it's gone. I couldn't work out of the bag well when I needed the raincover. That was replaced by a Billingham Hadley Pro now, which is a delight.
Lately I have been trying to simplify my life. I have been using an Olympus OM-D with grip and 2 lenses. It's so tiny! I carry it in a Billingham Hadley Digital, and I can hardly tell it's there. When it's too large ( ;) ) I carry a Nikon 1 V1 with two lenses, and maybe another one coming.

Dave

GMCPhotographics
Goldmember
2,419 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 12, 2013 07:55 |  #275

I have the previous version (mkI) of this bag and for the first few months I did the same. Now I carry my cams using a harness system which means that a lens if fitted to each of my two cams. When I am travelling to site, I use the handles and not the strap and this is quite managable. But once I have my cams attached to my harness, then the bag is a lot lighter. I always make sure I have one lens silo free so that I can change lenses quickly. My bag then becomes a "walkabout" lens and laptop bag.
My old UD40 is really old now and it's still holding up to regular heavy use. These really are great bags and hold up well to the riggors of pro stresses.

Regards, Gareth Cooper GMCPhotographics
"If youre happy and honest and fulfilled in what you do, then youҒre having a successful life" (Ben Elton)
Gear List GMCPhotographics (external link)

omnom
364 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 13, 2013 20:46 |  #276

328iGuy
Goldmember
3,584 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2004

Mar 13, 2013 21:08 |  #277

chrismallet wrote in post #15712520 (external link)
Does anyone have a Retrospective 7? Would it be able to hold a 24L/35L/50L/70-200? I'm thinking about picking one up as sort of a shootsac.

I have one and I would say it would be awfully close, assuming no body.

I could pack mine with some gear below and take a pic if that would help?

Canon 5D IV | Canon 6D | 16-35L III | 24-70L II | 17L TS-E | 70-200LII | 300 2.8 L

omnom
364 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 13, 2013 21:17 as a reply to  @ 328iGuy's post |  #278

328iGuy
Goldmember
3,584 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2004

Mar 14, 2013 07:37 |  #279

chrismallet wrote in post #15712603 (external link)
If you like!

I usually keep those lenses with me during weddings, one would be on the camera, the rest would be in the bag.

Ok let me see what I can do tonight and post up.

I love the bag though, its fantastic. I generally flip flop between that one and my Billingham HAdley Pro for daily walkaround use with my 5DII.

Canon 5D IV | Canon 6D | 16-35L III | 24-70L II | 17L TS-E | 70-200LII | 300 2.8 L

Dj ­ R
Goldmember
2,987 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 24, 2013 08:28 |  #280

Can someone volunteer to take over this thread? Only 3-4 reviews dated 2010. None from 2011-2013? There are endless amts of newer bags that have fantastic reviews. I've submitted five myself, ignored.

BAG Reviews, master list!
Tons of Sony gear
Some Canon gear

Staszek
Goldmember
3,605 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 24, 2013 16:16 |  #281

Dj R wrote in post #15749231 (external link)
Can someone volunteer to take over this thread? Only 3-4 reviews dated 2010. None from 2011-2013? There are endless amts of newer bags that have fantastic reviews. I've submitted five myself, ignored.

There are plenty of 2011-2013 reviews, they just aren't in the original post. Here are two I've done recently:

Staszek wrote in post #15685255 (external link)
Think Tank Photo Urban Disguise 60 V2.0 Review

"Upon first packing, I immediately fell in love with the UD60. Its build quality is top notch, it offers plenty of modular options, and it held my complete day's worth of gear for most editorial assignments. Within the first few months of use, I thought the UD60 was the perfect shoulder bag for the professional photographer." Read the detailed review here – http://blog.soskiphoto​.com …photo-urban-disguise.html (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE

Staszek wrote in post #15685247 (external link)
Think Tank Photo Artificial Intelligence 15 V3.0 Review

"The Artificial Intelligence series of laptop cases are extremely simple and highly efficient. What you see is what you get. No frills, no gimmicks, just pure Think Tank love." Read the detailed review here – http://blog.soskiphoto​.com …ank-photo-artificial.html (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE

Dj ­ R
Goldmember
2,987 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 24, 2013 17:38 |  #282

Staszek wrote in post #15750563 (external link)
There are plenty of 2011-2013 reviews, they just aren't in the original post. Here are two I've done recently:

I understand that. that is the problem exactly. Click link in my sig for 4 in the past year.

BAG Reviews, master list!
Tons of Sony gear
Some Canon gear

omnom
364 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 28, 2013 19:11 as a reply to  @ 328iGuy's post |  #283

Staszek
Goldmember
3,605 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 28, 2013 19:58 |  #284

chrismallet wrote in post #15767008 (external link)
Any news on the photo? Think it would fit a 16-35/24-70/70-200 or would I have to go to the 10?

It would be a tight fit. Check out this link to see a D700 + 24-70mm + 70-200mm + flash (external link).

In all honesty, the Retrospective 7 and 10 have the same internal volume (they flip height and width). If you need to store an iPad, get the 7. If you don't, get the 10.

dliu
67 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Mar 29, 2013 16:11 |  #285

Could a TT Airport Essentials owner upload a photo of them wearing the bag?
Doesn't have to be fully loaded, I'm just wanting to see what it looks like. I'm 175cm (5ft10) if that helps.
It's nigh impossible to find the TT range locally, and I haven't been able to find any photos like this online.

Or, do a whole review :)

sponsored links

301,986 views & 0 likes for this thread
Camera Bag Reviews - The Complete List
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.