Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,033 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 08, 2013 02:04 as a reply to  @ post 15801729 |  #706

here's the cinch 2 preview ;)

http://luma-labs.com/blog/2013/4/7​/cinch-2-preview (external link)

sponsored links
g0bl0k
552 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 08, 2013 03:11 as a reply to  @ DTBaan's post |  #707

^^^ looking good...can't wait till May.

not sure about the quick links as they could cause some scratches on the bottom of camera, but time will tell...

My Junk

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,322 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Apr 08, 2013 03:16 |  #708

The prices are mindblowing... wow! For an American product, that's just incredible... I can't wait!!

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

flickr (external link)
If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

fryedrice
50 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 08, 2013 03:45 |  #709

Scrumhalf wrote in post #15802505 (external link)
The prices are mindblowing... wow! For an American product, that's just incredible... I can't wait!!

I agree! Now just to wait for the upgrade kit price.

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 08, 2013 04:10 |  #710

$55 for the complete cinch 2? I figured it was going to cost MORE than the prior $70 pricing (of the Cinch and Loop models)

My Gearlist

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 08, 2013 04:26 |  #711

^^^ looking good...can't wait till May.

Notice that the May 1 date is "General availability." Orders start in a few hours, shipping ~ 15 April. URL will be out as we get our crusty e-commerce side of the website working again (since we haven't taken orders for a couple of months with it).

And the Mk I upgrade kit, the ARCA plate and Quick Links, will be $20.

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

g0bl0k
552 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 08, 2013 05:49 |  #712

gakoenig wrote in post #15802572 (external link)

Notice that the May 1 date is "General availability." Orders start in a few hours, shipping ~ 15 April. URL will be out as we get our crusty e-commerce side of the website working again (since we haven't taken orders for a couple of months with it).

And the Mk I upgrade kit, the ARCA plate and Quick Links, will be $20.

I already signed up for mailing list few weeks ago even though I'm not an owner of Luma products in the past. But I'm interested for the Mk II this time. Not a big fan of BR/CS as well, and for now I'm using some Op/Tech slings. So I'm ready to upgrade to Luma Cinch. ;)

My Junk

0.0f
179 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 08, 2013 07:05 |  #713

the original cinch if i'm not mistaken connected at two different points on the camera, which appeared to give the camera good stability and appeared to dial out the swinging around at the end of the strap as suffered by most other straps.

however, the new strap seems to be fixing to the underside of the camera which will only cause the same issue as other straps?

EOS 5D MK3 - 24-70 MK2

Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 08, 2013 07:21 |  #714

0.0f wrote in post #15802797 (external link)
the original cinch if i'm not mistaken connected at two different points on the camera, which appeared to give the camera good stability and appeared to dial out the swinging around at the end of the strap as suffered by most other straps.

however, the new strap seems to be fixing to the underside of the camera which will only cause the same issue as other straps?

If I'm not mistaken, it has the same connection points as the original cinch and the OEM neck strap, which means you can choose where to connect it.

-Tom
Flickr (external link)
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

NeoTiger
37 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 08, 2013 07:24 |  #715

Looks like they've thought of that one too. Quoting from the website linked earlier:

"As we went through design iterations, we found that what we really wanted to have was not just one, but two possible mount points on the bottom of a camera. Between this and the two main camera strap mount points already on a camera, this gives you four places to chose from in how to hang your camera."

:)

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 08, 2013 07:26 |  #716

The Cinch is still a two point strap, and with any two point system (for cameras, at least), it doesn't really matter how far apart the two points are.

If you were to attach both points of the Cinch to one connector, the camera would dangle a bit, about the center of rotation at that single point. Even than, the one strap going across the front of your body and the one going behind you would restrain most of the camera's movement.

This works well because cameras are relatively compact. On a rifle or carbine sling, things work a bit differently because of the length of the weapon. Attach a two point sling close together, and the rifle can rotate around and cause all sorts of twisting issues.

The Cinch II with both points mounted to their own brackets on the ARCA plate is the ideal for the system.

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 08, 2013 07:36 |  #717

For $55, you get the strap and plate - the QR links are not a part of this $55 kit, correct?

Also, is the original CInch now available for sale again? Nice! Do you plan to continue carrying this or just sell it until your stock is depleted?

http://luma-labs.com/products/cinc​h (external link)

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 08, 2013 07:41 |  #718

If you want to use the QR links on one or more of the original camera body's lug mounts, you can use this:

http://www.amazon.com …r=8-19&keywords=op%2Ftech (external link)

I plan to use a membrane connector and one of these Op/Tech Adapt-Its to attach the strap to the left side of the body.

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 08, 2013 07:42 |  #719

For $55, you get the strap and plate - the QR links are not a part of this $55 kit, correct?

Yup. But the links are only $10 for the pair.

Like I said earlier, we have as many customers who want a quick release system as we have customers who like the simplicity of standard 3/8" webbing connectors. This keeps everyone happy.

Also, is the original CInch now available for sale again? Nice! Do you plan to continue carrying this or just sell it until your stock is depleted?

No, this is a bug!
The e-commerce system is being brought back up over the next few hours. DO NOT ORDER AN ORIGINAL CINCH. We don't have any to sell. If you order it, we will cancel your order and you will be a sad, sad panda.

If you have the same fetish for CNC milled aluminum as I do, don't worry. We will eventually have an aluminum hardware kit for the MkII. The modular design makes it a field-upgradeable item (like everything else on the II).

0.0f
179 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 08, 2013 07:45 |  #720

i will use the rc2 plate which luma aremaking with the quick links system. will the plate be available at launch of the mk2?

EOS 5D MK3 - 24-70 MK2

sponsored links

269,641 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.