Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 08, 2013 07:48 |  #721

gakoenig wrote in post #15802865 (external link)
Yup. But the links are only $10 for the pair.

Like I said earlier, we have as many customers who want a quick release system as we have customers who like the simplicity of standard 3/8" webbing connectors. This keeps everyone happy.

No, this is a bug!
The e-commerce system is being brought back up over the next few hours. DO NOT ORDER AN ORIGINAL CINCH. We don't have any to sell. If you order it, we will cancel your order and you will be a sad, sad panda.

If you have the same fetish for CNC milled aluminum as I do, don't worry. We will eventually have an aluminum hardware kit for the MkII. The modular design makes it a field-upgradeable item (like everything else on the II).

I wasn't complaining about the price. :) Just wanted to be clear so I don't order an extra set of QR links if they were included in the "complete kit." Will there ever be an option to buy the strap alone, without the Arca plate? I know many of use plan to use our existing L-plates. I know, I know. We don't have to use your Arca plate (so then why should we buy one unless it's our only option, lol). Either way, $55 is a great price.

Nuts, I was going to order the original Cinch and get the upgrade kit when available. I know I'd end up paying more, but I prefer the original Cinch puller.

And yes, I will be ordering the aluminum hardware kit when it's available. :D Good marketing plan, LOL. ;)

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

sponsored links
DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 08, 2013 07:48 |  #722

I like the Cinch I puller, the new one somewhat common like many other straps :).

gakoenig wrote in post #15802865 (external link)
If you have the same fetish for CNC milled aluminum as I do, don't worry. We will eventually have an aluminum hardware kit for the MkII. The modular design makes it a field-upgradeable item (like everything else on the II).

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 08, 2013 07:55 |  #723

0.0f wrote in post #15802873 (external link)
i will use the rc2 plate which luma aremaking with the quick links system. will the plate be available at launch of the mk2?

It will definitely not be part of the pre-release ordering, but our target is to have it out for the full launch on May 1. It is designed and 3D print validated, we are just waiting for time on the CNC machines to do the first article validation and start up production.

It will be $30 with it launches. CNC milled 6061 aluminum with a Type III hard anodized finish and the same 3M Bumpon gasket material that has blown away all our beta testers on the Arca plate. This stuff sticks amazingly well, far less twist than any other universal plate on the market today.

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

Ito
169 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 08, 2013 08:05 |  #724

Is the "grippy" material on the strap different now? My biggest gripe about the V1 is that I never found that the zig zag of grippy stuff on the one side to ever really help hold the strap on my shoulder.

Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 7D | Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 OS | Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 OS | Neewer TT850 Flash x4

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 08, 2013 08:06 |  #725

The injection molded slides operate way better than the MkI pull tab.

With injection molding, we can add super smooth internal geometry to the inside surfaces that makes the slide operate really really well. Replicating the same curved and smoothed surfaces on a CNC mill is possible, but would triple the cost on an already expensive part.

The aluminum hardware will be made because aluminum hardware is always neat, even if it gives up some function compared to the injection molded version. That's the beauty of having our system completely modular - we are no longer forced to make bet-the-business decisions about products or complex inventory mixture decisions. We have remarkable flexibility to make low-run volumes of whatever folks want.

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 08, 2013 08:07 |  #726

Is the "grippy" material on the strap different now? My biggest gripe about the V1 is that I never found that the zig zag of grippy stuff on the one side to ever really help hold the strap on my shoulder.

Yea, it is massively more grippy than the MkI. If it is too grippy, you can flip the shoulder pad and basically end up with a MkI level of grip (the DNA swirl design didn't do much).

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 08, 2013 08:09 |  #727

I like the puller cuz it looks cooler (operation wise) to me.

gakoenig wrote in post #15802954 (external link)
The injection molded slides operate way better than the MkI pull tab.

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

juanpafer
Goldmember
1,831 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined May 2009

Apr 08, 2013 08:17 |  #728

I am in!
Waiting for the email to order one.

Juan

i-G12
Wat?
1,810 posts
Gallery: 112 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 08, 2013 08:31 |  #729

Looks like we have "liftoff"...

Great job!

Waiting for email...

0.0f
179 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 08, 2013 09:31 |  #730

DarthVader wrote in post #15802961 (external link)
I like the puller cuz it looks cooler (operation wise) to me.

must agree. set the cinch apart from all the other straps.

EOS 5D MK3 - 24-70 MK2

Ito
169 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 08, 2013 10:39 |  #731

gakoenig wrote in post #15802957 (external link)
Yea, it is massively more grippy than the MkI. If it is too grippy, you can flip the shoulder pad and basically end up with a MkI level of grip (the DNA swirl design didn't do much).

Awesome! I am pretty much sold on V2 then.

Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 7D | Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 OS | Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 OS | Neewer TT850 Flash x4

Amarinelli
447 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 08, 2013 11:04 as a reply to  @ Ito's post |  #732

I probably missed this but I am on the mailing so are we going to be notified before May 1 so we can place an order? Thank you,Alan

www.Marinelliphotograp​hy.com (external link) www.facebook.com/marin​elliphotography (external link)
Canon 5D Mark IV x2|Canon5D Mark III x 2| Canon 6D|Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS MK II | Tamron 24-70 vc|Canon 24 -105 L| |Canon 70-200f/4 is L| Sigma 35 mm art|Sigma 150-600 C| Kenko 1.4 Extender| 600 EX-RT x2|

ToxMox
171 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Apr 08, 2013 11:05 |  #733

Yippee! Ordered mine along with some quicklinks! Just got the email.
The description on the Cinch 2 looks like it doesn't come with the Arca plate but I'm assuming it will come with it from what gakoenig mentioned in the thread here?

Canon EOS 550D/T2i | EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II | 430EX II | Sigma 50mm F1.4 | Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 OS | Sigma 10-20mm | Sigma 105mm F2.8 OS Macro | Canon Powershot S100 | Clik Elite ProBody Sport (2011 edition) | Think Tank Retrospective 20 | HorusBennu C-2540 Tripod w/ LX-5 Ballhead | Luma Loop (v2)

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 08, 2013 11:11 |  #734

Yes, it comes with it. Just ordered mine!

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

g0bl0k
552 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 08, 2013 11:12 as a reply to  @ Ito's post |  #735

Got the pre-release email. Regarding the quick links, any concern of them rubbing against bottom of camera and cause some scratches?

My Junk

sponsored links

274,818 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.