Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 08, 2013 12:11 |  #751

Huh. I've placed several orders through Luma before and I apparently did not receive the email notice that everyone else got.

So, just to confirm, it's NOT actually available for pre-order right now? Because all I see is the original Cinch for $60, which greg has already stated will not be sold. Are people receiving some special link to the $55 Cinch 2? What the heck are you guys ordering?

My Gearlist

sponsored links
JeremyKPhoto
Goldmember
1,633 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 08, 2013 12:12 |  #752

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15803776 (external link)
Huh. I've placed several orders through Luma before and I apparently did not receive the email notice that everyone else got.

So, just to confirm, it's NOT actually available for pre-order right now? Because all I see is the original Cinch for $60, which greg has already stated will not be sold. Are people receiving some special link to the $55 Cinch 2? What the heck are you guys ordering?

This is what we are receiving. http://luma-labs.com/blog/2013/4/7​/cinch-2-preview (external link)
http://prerelease.luma​-labs.com/ (external link)

5D Mark III / 70-200 2.8L IS II / 24-105L / 50 1.8 stm / Tamron 70-300 VC / Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art

328iGuy
Goldmember
3,627 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2004

Apr 08, 2013 12:13 |  #753

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15803776 (external link)

I think its been pretty clear through this thread you need to sign UP for the email list, just because you are a previous customer doesnt mean they are going to email spam. :p

I recieved the email, but had signed up and yes pre-release orders are taking place! :cool:

EOS R5 | EOS R6 | EF 8-15L | RF 15-35L 2.8 | RF 28-70L F2 | RF 85L 1.2 | RF 70-200L 2.8 | RF 100-500L

ThreeGuysPhoto
Goldmember
1,401 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 08, 2013 12:13 |  #754

I love my mk1. What are the dimensions of the ARCA plate? Sorry if this info has already been posted. If it is small enough I might order a mk2 to use with my EOS-M.

-Wayne
three guys (external link) | flickr (external link) | gear

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 08, 2013 12:15 |  #755

ThreeGuysPhoto wrote in post #15803792 (external link)
I love my mk1. What are the dimensions of the ARCA plate? Sorry if this info has already been posted. If it is small enough I might order a mk2 to use with my EOS-M.

You can probably get a pretty good idea based on the videos on their blog.

http://luma-labs.com/blog/ (external link)

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 08, 2013 12:18 |  #756

328iGuy wrote in post #15803788 (external link)
I think its been pretty clear through this thread you need to sign UP for the email list, just because you are a previous customer doesnt mean they are going to email spam. :p

I recieved the email, but had signed up and yes pre-release orders are taking place! :cool:

Pretty sure it was stated that they would email previous mk1 buyers--whether or not they made an effort to sign up for the mailing list.

C'mon, Luma? You should be informing your past customers whether or not they signed up for your mailing list. If I wasn't a member here, I'd continue on my days without ever knowing that there was a new release--and in the end Luma loses my business, which would have been unfortunate.

My Gearlist

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 08, 2013 12:20 |  #757

Thanks for that--if there was a rep system, you'd be getting them from me--can't believe we went through dozens of postings without anyone bothering to share :p

My Gearlist

Cliffbsa
253 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 08, 2013 12:30 |  #758

Ordered Cinch and quick links, now need to figure how get links attached to 5D2

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 08, 2013 12:41 |  #759

Cliffbsa wrote in post #15803851 (external link)
Ordered Cinch and quick links, now need to figure how get links attached to 5D2

http://www.amazon.com …keywords=optech​+adapt-its (external link)

http://www.amazon.com …keywords=optech​+adapt-its (external link)

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 08, 2013 12:46 |  #760

'mon, Luma? You should be informing your past customers whether or not they signed up for your mailing list.

We can't email customers marketing materials, unless they have signed up for the mailing list. Doing so would sort of defeat the purpose of asking them if they want to sign up, no?

Duncan and I hate Hate HATE spam. Doing the calculus, we think we would lose more sales from folks who received unwanted email from us than we would gain through email notification. I know I respect companies less when they send me marketing email I didn't explicitly sign up for...

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

JeremyKPhoto
Goldmember
1,633 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 08, 2013 12:49 |  #761

I personally prefer my V1 compared to the V2 of the Luma Cinch, although I can understand the changes from a business standpoint.

5D Mark III / 70-200 2.8L IS II / 24-105L / 50 1.8 stm / Tamron 70-300 VC / Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 08, 2013 12:51 |  #762

gakoenig wrote in post #15803900 (external link)
We can't email customers marketing materials, unless they have signed up for the mailing list. Doing so would sort of defeat the purpose of asking them if they want to sign up, no?

Duncan and I hate Hate HATE spam. Doing the calculus, we think we would lose more sales from folks who received unwanted email from us than we would gain through email notification. I know I respect companies less when they send me marketing email I didn't explicitly sign up for...

Have you surveyed people on that line of thinking? I thought I signed up for the mailing list--but it's probable that I didn't. Whether or not I like a company, I unconsciously always look for and opt out of such lists, whenever I place any order. It doesn't matter in most cases, as companies will still email me related materials--it's a necessary evil. I've come to expect that kind of after-purchase advertising. There's a very big difference between getting 1-2 emails a year, and 1-2 every week or month.

The thing is, when you're only releasing one new product a year (at most), your customers are not going to blame you for sending a single email per cycle. Honestly, I'm a little pissed that I wasn't emailed anyhow, considering I purchased Luma products the last 2 years. Can't please everyone, eh?

My Gearlist

Ito
169 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 08, 2013 12:53 |  #763

Ratjack wrote in post #15803914 (external link)
I personally prefer my V1 compared to the V2 of the Luma Cinch, although I can understand the changes from a business standpoint.

Ratjack, thanks for informing us what you think. I'm sure with all of the time you spent with the V2, it has allowed you to form a solid opinion...:rolleyes:

Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 7D | Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 OS | Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 OS | Neewer TT850 Flash x4

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,503 posts
Gallery: 51 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 08, 2013 13:22 |  #764

Ito wrote in post #15803929 (external link)
Ratjack, thanks for informing us what you think. I'm sure with all of the time you spent with the V2, it has allowed you to form a solid opinion...:rolleyes:

it's his thought and opinion and he didnt mean any harm. i too prefer the original from the looks of it but i am not saying the new one sucks, otherwise i wouldnt have gone through with the pre-order ;p

I also like the pulling tab, is it possible to have it so that people who prefers it can purchase one to add to the new strap?

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 08, 2013 13:31 |  #765

I also like the pulling tab, is it possible to have it so that people who prefers it can purchase one to add to the new strap?

That's the plan. Has been since the inception of the Cinch II's modular concept.

What we are releasing here is the foundation of a system; the base model if you will. This "base" model is, in every functional aspect, an improvement over the first Cinch. The hardware functions better, the plate is more flexible, the bottom mounting solution is superior to the bottom+side, it weights less, stitching is better and the cost has been dramatically cut. In short, our base model is something that we think beats the pants off of other camera straps out there.

If you think the machined pull tab was cool and you miss it, not to worry. It will be back, but I think you aren't going to miss it for very long when you see the kind of stuff we will be able to make in the future.

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

sponsored links

304,605 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.