Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

g0bl0k
552 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 08, 2013 14:57 |  #781

v35skyline wrote in post #15804425 (external link)
For those worried about the quick links scratching their gear...

Aaahhhhh...that's it...I'm convinced !! Good find...thanks...

My Junk

sponsored links
ThreeGuysPhoto
Goldmember
1,401 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 08, 2013 15:04 |  #782

v35skyline wrote in post #15803802 (external link)
You can probably get a pretty good idea based on the videos on their blog.

http://luma-labs.com/blog/ (external link)

I was able to get a rough idea. I just hope the battery door will still open. It will be a little wider than the M for sure, but not too much.

I went ahead and ordered a mk2. I can always get another plate or hook it up another way if it doesn't work out.

-Wayne
three guys (external link) | flickr (external link) | gear

i-G12
Wat?
1,687 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 08, 2013 15:07 |  #783

v35skyline wrote in post #15804425 (external link)
For those worried about the quick links scratching their gear...

Thanks for that but I'm still a little skeptical. How is metal on metal not going to eventually wear the finish off the camera where it is attaches? I like the shrink tubing idea... only if it's necessary. Somebody straighten me out.

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 08, 2013 15:41 |  #784

There is always Plasti-dip, too.

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

Tanglefoot47
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 08, 2013 16:05 |  #785

Just ordered mine now need to figure how I will connect LOL so I guess the long delay was do to changing over from the nice shinny loops to the plastic?

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 08, 2013 16:34 |  #786

Wow. I've been gone a day and this thread has taken off again! It's great to see Gen 2 of the Cinch finally here. I'll place my order for the upgrade kit shortly. I see some familiar posts above. :cool:

For those that are interested, the heat shrink tubing was extremely difficult to put on the quick links. If you use soap or wax to help glide the heat shrink along, be careful when you heat it, as the soap or wax tends to bubble up and damage the heat shrink. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

The best thing is to muscle the heat shrink on the link dry. It's difficult, but ensures that nothing will start to bubble up between the link and the rubber. It looks nice though....

Alex
Gear List
Feedback
Photography (external link)

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 08, 2013 16:39 |  #787

lehmanncpa wrote in post #15804788 (external link)
Wow. I've been gone a day and this thread has taken off again! It's great to see Gen 2 of the Cinch finally here. I'll place my order for the upgrade kit shortly. I see some familiar posts above. :cool:

For those that are interested, the heat shrink tubing was extremely difficult to put on the quick links. If you use soap or wax to help glide the heat shrink along, be careful when you heat it, as the soap or wax tends to bubble up and damage the heat shrink. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

The best thing is to muscle the heat shrink on the link dry. It's difficult, but ensures that nothing will start to bubble up between the link and the rubber. It looks nice though....

Plasti Dip seems like a viable solution. It's a spray on synthetic rubber coating (think about the rubber coating on many tools, like pliers).

http://www.plastidip.c​om/home_solutions/Plas​ti_Dip (external link)

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 08, 2013 17:02 |  #788

Dj R wrote in post #15804194 (external link)
What about the folks who paid for the luma loop, and the cinch. If we want to upgrade again. There should be a repeat customer discount.

I was already kind of surprised by the lower price of the strap + plate. I figured the price would be somewhere around $80+ for the full setup. I'm quite happy only paying $70 shipped for a strap + quick links.

I did notice the discount code field while ordering--to those of you who've signed up for the email advertising, have any of you ever received coupon codes for Luma purchases?

My Gearlist

fryedrice
50 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 08, 2013 17:11 |  #789

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15804866 (external link)
I was already kind of surprised by the lower price of the strap + plate. I figured the price would be somewhere around $80+ for the full setup. I'm quite happy only paying $70 shipped for a strap + quick links.

I did notice the discount code field while ordering--to those of you who've signed up for the email advertising, have any of you ever received coupon codes for Luma purchases?

Nope. I have never received a discount coupon for Luma purchases, but I've only been on the email list since last August, so maybe someone has gotten a coupon before then?

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 08, 2013 17:11 |  #790

There is no coupon AFAIK.

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

JeremyKPhoto
Goldmember
1,633 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 08, 2013 17:58 |  #791

Ito wrote in post #15803929 (external link)
Ratjack, thanks for informing us what you think. I'm sure with all of the time you spent with the V2, it has allowed you to form a solid opinion...:rolleyes:

Never once mentioned having the V2 strap. I was stating an opinion based off of images and videos shown of the V2 along with other information available. Maybe you didn't get the email?

5D Mark III / 70-200 2.8L IS II / 24-105L / 50 1.8 stm / Tamron 70-300 VC / Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art

ScottyP
38 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 08, 2013 18:01 |  #792

I still say it needs a little pocket on it. Emergency memory card holder.

Canon 6D, Canon T3i, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS Mk.2, Sigma 35mm "Art"; EF 24-105 f/4 L IS, EF-S 17-55f/2.8 IS, EF 85 f/1.8, EF 50mm 1.8II, Canon 1.4x Mk. III TC, 3x Phottix Mitros+ flashes

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 08, 2013 18:05 |  #793

ScottyP wrote in post #15805056 (external link)

Design phase is over. Too late for that request. Buy a TT pocket Rocket and strap it to yourself. All of my bags have memory card holders, and I've got several pocket rockets. I really don't need any more holders.

My Gearlist

JeremyKPhoto
Goldmember
1,633 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 08, 2013 18:05 |  #794

ScottyP wrote in post #15805056 (external link)

if they don't add one, its easy to do yourself. Here is a product that would work.
http://www.amazon.com …=strap+memory+c​ard+holder (external link)

5D Mark III / 70-200 2.8L IS II / 24-105L / 50 1.8 stm / Tamron 70-300 VC / Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art

i-G12
Wat?
1,687 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 08, 2013 18:40 |  #795

So where is a place to get tiny shrink tubing without spending $15?

sponsored links

267,315 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.