Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 09, 2013 02:57 |  #871

I agree on the look. Perhaps machined hardware will fix that on the Cinch 2 :)

-Tom
Flickr (external link)
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

sponsored links
0.0f
179 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 09, 2013 03:48 |  #872

greg has mentioned that a puller will be available for the v2 in near future.

EOS 5D MK3 - 24-70 MK2

Tanglefoot47
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 09, 2013 05:13 |  #873

ChanHoNam wrote in post #15806677 (external link)
Hmm, The first Luma Cinch look prettier somehow.
I got email from luma early 5am in the morning, I was so excited check their official site, the strap doesn't look as nice as the 1st version. Am I only one seeing this?

1st version the silver hook and logo made it looks really stand out and very classic.
But I love to see the review from ppl here who ordering them.

Thanks

Agree 100%

Tanglefoot47
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 09, 2013 05:19 |  #874

8322 anouy 2 pm nw time

arock23
274 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 09, 2013 06:50 |  #875

Customer service at Luma is top notch....im in 8344

-allen

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 09, 2013 07:43 |  #876

lehmanncpa wrote in post #15806385 (external link)
I agree. The more I look at my Cinch v1, the more I like it. I'm not sure I need to get the v2 or even the upgrade kit just yet. However, for a new buyer, this is a no-brainer. Cinch v2 is a great product at a great price.

I am interested in those split loops though and I wasn't kidding when I asked about them earlier. I'm using my battery grip less these days and am simply using my Cinch v1 attached to the traditional points on my camera. Makes it easier to remove and install the battery grip. I'd love to see the split loops as an alternative to those hard plastic thingies I'm currently using.

The page description for the quick release links states the split rings are included.

Includes two split rings to aid mounting onto some camera strap connection lugs.

http://prerelease.luma​-labs.com …ducts/quick-links#content (external link)

I am Order #8120!

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

ThreeGuysPhoto
Goldmember
1,401 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 09, 2013 10:20 |  #877

#8292 - ordered @ 2:00 PM central time yesterday

-Wayne
three guys (external link) | flickr (external link) | gear

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 09, 2013 10:53 |  #878

arock23 wrote in post #15807089 (external link)
Customer service at Luma is top notch....im in 8344

v35skyline wrote in post #15807229 (external link)
The page description for the quick release links states the split rings are included.

http://prerelease.luma​-labs.com …ducts/quick-links#content (external link)

I am Order #8120!

We were comparing order numbers with the time of order placement...

My Gearlist

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 09, 2013 11:05 |  #879

Irrelevant. But if you're THAT curious, see post #734. Posted just after I ordered it.

Gear List & Feedback

takumei
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Apr 09, 2013 11:50 as a reply to  @ v35skyline's post |  #880

My order number is #8104, I ordered at 9:03AM PST. Hopefully it gets here before I deploy on the 25th.

i-G12
Wat?
1,714 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 09, 2013 12:08 |  #881

You fools are crazy... I ordered yesterday...order number 1. :mrgreen:

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 09, 2013 12:11 |  #882

:lol:

i-G12 wrote in post #15808155 (external link)
You fools are crazy... I ordered yesterday...order number 1. :mrgreen:

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 09, 2013 13:54 |  #883

v35skyline wrote in post #15807908 (external link)
Irrelevant. But if you're THAT curious, see post #734. Posted just after I ordered it.

What was irrelevant? Your posting? We were trying to figure out how many orders were placed. It took a good month for me to receive my first Cinch after they started shipping out the early orders. I imagine Luma's capacity for fulfilling orders will be about the same this time around. And seriously, the attitude is unnecessary.

takumei wrote in post #15808082 (external link)
My order number is #8104, I ordered at 9:03AM PST. Hopefully it gets here before I deploy on the 25th.

That's pretty early--I wouldn't bank on it though. I thought it was stated they hoped to start shipping on May 1st. What time did people receive their "preorder available" email notices?

My Gearlist

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 09, 2013 14:16 |  #884

Based on the already posted order numbers and order times, it seems reasonable to assume that order numbers are sequential. Therefor, I was just posting my order number, not time as I think that is irrelevant. But posting my order number gives us an idea of how early the order numbers began. But even that is irrelevant now that someone posted an order number lower than mine. Regardless, you got what you were asking for.

IMAGE: http://g35driver.com/forums/images/smilies/biggthumpup.gif

Don't take the interwebz so seriously. Life is short. :)

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15808533 (external link)
That's pretty early--I wouldn't bank on it though. I thought it was stated they hoped to start shipping on May 1st. What time did people receive their "preorder available" email notices?
IMAGE: http://g35driver.com/forums/images/smilies/th_wave.gif

Cinch 2 is now in manufacturing and we expect that we’ll start shipping the week of April 15th. Once we ship all the prerelease orders, we'll start opening things up to the general public and expect to be fully launched by May 1st.

We ship by USPS First Class Mail for both domestic and international shipments. Domestic shipments typically arrive in 1-5 days. International shipments typically take 1-3 weeks to arrive, but can be delayed by local customs agencies.

I wouldn't bank on him getting it before he deploys on the 25th, but I also wouldn't rule it out as it is very possible.

Gear List & Feedback

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 09, 2013 14:44 |  #885

Yesterday was Luma's biggest order day ever.

Much of the time behind the scenes on the Cinch II revolved around making it produceable, so people wouldn't have to wait forever to get one. Anyone who ordered a Cinch I remembers 2-3 week shipping delays, often receiving their straps a full month after having placed an order. Those shenanigans are over now.

1- We anticipated that folks would miss the pull tab and machined hardware, which is why why we plan on offering them as optional accessories. The fact is though, making the entire product line depend on CNC time is just a nightmare. Instead of rushing CNC milled parts as we have in the past, we can now sell you a full feature set Cinch and you can order the cool metal bits as they are available or as you decide you want to upgrade. The whole company doesn't come to a screeching halt because Boeing placed a big order at the shop and the Cinch hardware got placed on the back burner.

2- Modular construction not only means you can field strip your Cinch, upgrade it in the future, swap sizes or add accessories, it also means we can run 3 different production lines in parallel. The shoulder pad, the webbing and the hardware can all be produced separately and brought together in final assembly. This is a vastly more efficient production process.

3- No more building different sizes. Again, the modularity is key here. Once Cinch fits the vast majority of users, so we don't need to constantly predict sizes or track sizing in shipping. For the small percentage of folks who need something bigger, the modular construction allows you to slap the long webbing kit on in the field. If you are unsure about sizing, you can order the long webbing kit and try them both, and if you don't need it, you can return it. It's a huge win.

All of this adds up to a simple fact, everyone who ordered yesterday and today will get their Cinches quite quickly after shipping begins next week. The only bottleneck is my ability to go through orders, label them and get them out the door. No worries, I have coffee!

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

sponsored links

268,351 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.