Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 09 Apr 2013 (Tuesday) 22:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

85mm with a TC?

steve_douglass
621 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Apr 09, 2013 22:49 |  #1

Will it work??? not the Teleconverters primary use but will it work?

I researched a bit here and I see someplaces it says it will but there are also some that say it wont.

Can someone clarify?

Thanks
Steve

sponsored links
HaroldC3
Goldmember
2,994 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined May 2007

Apr 09, 2013 22:54 |  #2

I've used it with a non-Canon brand tele-converter before. Not sure if a Canon brand would work.

Flickr (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

steve_douglass
THREAD ­ STARTER
621 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Apr 09, 2013 23:22 |  #3

were you happy with the results?? Im not talking professional use here just casual ...

x_tan
Cream of the Crop
8,134 posts
Gallery: 137 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 10, 2013 00:50 |  #4

Canon 85L II will not able to fit any Canon x1.4 III or 2x III, end of the story.

Canon 5D3 + Zoom (EF 17-40L, 24-105L & 28-300L, 100-400L II) & Prime (24L II, 85L II, 100L, 135L & 200 f/2.8L II; Zeiss 1,4/35)
Sony α7r + Zeiss 1,8/55 FE
Nikon Coolpix A; Nikon F3 & F100 + Zeiss 1,4/50
Retiring  (external link)

plumgoo
434 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 10, 2013 01:58 |  #5

I was curious whether or not my Tamron 1.4 would work with my 85mm (1.8) lens, so I just set it up, and..... (drum roll), it works NICELY. I never used them together until two minutes ago.

I have never had a problem with using my tamron TC with any of my lenses, nor with any lens I have previously had, nor with any lens I borrowed from friends. I remember reading some other threads about Canon's TCs sometimes giving problems with such and such lenses, but my Tamron... no problems, and AF always works for me too.

60D | Canon 70-200L 4.0 | Canon 17-40L 4.0 | Canon 60 2.8 | Canon 85 1.8 | Sigma 30 1.4| Tokina Fisheye 10-17 3.5-4.5 | Walimax Pro 500 | Tamron 1.4x | Various other bits |
My Smugmug (external link)

tomme
Goldmember
1,263 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 10, 2013 02:52 as a reply to  @ plumgoo's post |  #6

the back element ( glass ) on your lense doesn't it hit the teleconverter when the af is all the way from infinity to minimum

Flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

darosk
Goldmember
2,806 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 10, 2013 02:59 |  #7

My 85 1.8 fits on my kenko 1.4 TC and works just fine - if that information helps anyone :)

Tumblr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Youtube (external link)
Gear

Magnus3D
Goldmember
1,370 posts
Gallery: 154 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 10, 2013 04:41 |  #8

Yes, i have tried my Kenko 2x extender on my Canon 85 1,8 lens and many other shorter lenses and it works. Although it's a weird combination. :)

/ Magnus

| Lots of cheap camera gear |

sponsored links

972 views & 0 likes for this thread
85mm with a TC?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.