Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 11 Apr 2013 (Thursday) 21:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Helen Oster appears in the Adorama order process

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,641 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 11, 2013 21:47 |  #1

Just ordered a lens, TC and a hood from Adorama. During the order process it presented me with a list of names of people who helped with my order - and Helen (!) was on the list. I checked her name. She deserves this, I hope she gets a piece of the action. This wasn't a huge order, $1800 and change...but she should get a piece of that.

B&H wanted over $20 for shipping, Adorama had it for free...that combined with Helen's excellent support here worked for me.

sponsored links
Ron ­ Bailey
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 11, 2013 22:01 |  #2

I agree. Living in the middle of nowhere (Big Island, Hawaii) free shipping is always good. Helen isn't so bad either.:)

http://www.ronbaileyph​otography.com/ (external link)

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,828 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 11, 2013 22:04 |  #3

Access to Helen is one of the main reasons that Adorama has become my primary equipment source. I have never had to request her services as everything that I have ordered has arrived without issue, but knowing that there is one person I can email to help if there ever is a problem makes a huge difference to me.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

L.J.G.
"Not brigth enough"
10,463 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Apr 11, 2013 22:04 |  #4

Good to see somebody who works tirelessly to fix members problems getting the kudos she deserves.

Lloyd
Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
Gear Flick (external link)r

NU27D
464 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 11, 2013 23:32 as a reply to  @ L.J.G.'s post |  #5

Adorama had been my first choice back in the film days but because of some substandard service and repeated open product incidents, I bailed!
I recently attempted to make a purchase from Adorama mostly due to Helen's efforts here on POTN.
I emailed them with some questions repeatedly about the product before committing to the purchase.
Unfortunately they didn't see fit to respond!
The failure to respond wasn't due to Passover, Easter, Groundhog Day or Billy's First Communion.
It was apathy!
I provided Helen with the particulars...She responded and shook the tree.
Though I appreciated her efforts and quick response...it's a case of too little too late!
Do all these companies need a "Helen" or is it only Adorama?
I rather not have to rely on this two stage system. Plan A: contact them conventionally....when that's a bust then implement Plan B: Call Helen!:rolleyes:
Frankly Helen seems to be a stand out...I'd like to see her utilize her skills and talents elsewhere. Like someplace where she takes a few less pies in the face!:(

4g63photo
Goldmember
2,742 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 12, 2013 09:42 |  #6

Who's Helen?

-Fernando-
Gear List
Flickr (external link)

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,828 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 12, 2013 09:50 |  #7

4g63photo wrote in post #15819600 (external link)
Who's Helen?

She is the Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador and is quite active on this board. If you ever have an issue with an Adorama order, and the normal channels don't seem to be working, drop her an email and she will do her best to make the situation right.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

dennisgibson
390 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 12, 2013 13:50 |  #8

I've been selecting Helen's name for years and years since she first helped me with an issue. This is even for things I just randomly buy without any help at all. I think she deserves all of the credit she gets!

Joe ­ Ravenstein
Goldmember
2,338 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 12, 2013 13:59 |  #9

She is the main reason I order from Adorama. It is nice knowing that there is great CS where you are ordering from. I haven't had a single issue dealing with them but it's nice to know there is a real person to go to if issues ever arise.

Canon 60D,18-55mm,55-250mm,50mm compact macro, AF ext tubes. Sigma 8-16mm uwa, 18-250mm, 85mm F1.4, 150-500mm

jbgreig
91 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 12, 2013 16:41 |  #10

Yep, me too. Just ordered a 24-70II and selected her as the individual that helped me.

Thanks, Helen!

5D3, Gripped 7d, Gripped T1i - 70-200mm f/2.8L II, 16-35mm f/2.8L II, 100-400 F/4-5.6L IS, 24-70 F/2.8 L, Sigma 30, Nifty Fifty, Gitzo 3541XLS, RRS BH-55, Gitzo GM3551, RRS-BH30, Gitzo GT1541T, S95, D10, D20, 2.0 and 1.4 Extenders, 580EX II, 600EX-RTx2, PCB Einstein x2, etc

khng30
172 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 12, 2013 19:13 |  #11

Thanks for posting. Good to know, will definitely make sure I check her name on all future orders!

HelenOster
That's me!
4,485 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 15, 2013 08:46 |  #12

How did I not see all these lovely comments, earlier??!

Firstly, thank you; I really appreciate all the great feedback, not least because it lets my boss know that I'm not sitting around playing Solitaire......;)

However, I don't get any kind of bonus if you check my name. Maybe the feeling is that if I did it would compromise my position? I don't know. But knowing that I've done a good job by you all, is reward enough for me! :D

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

sponsored links

1,342 views & 0 likes for this thread
Helen Oster appears in the Adorama order process
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.