Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 11 Apr 2013 (Thursday) 18:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Hope my daughter didn't ruin this photographers day too badly.

this thread is locked
Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,589 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 12, 2013 20:00 |  #361

Never have your kids babysit my young children. I would hate to be called to the hospital because your kid thought what they were doing was funny. Yeah, babysitting isn't a felony but bad decisions can easily get out of hand.

sponsored links
sophie's-mom
317 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Apr 12, 2013 20:01 |  #362

Thorrulz wrote in post #15821745 (external link)
And if she would decide to jump off a bridge.............

Nope, she isn't responsible one bit for the actions of anyone else other than herself. And even that could be debatable in a court of law as to whether or not she is liable for her own actions.

And the sun will come up tomorrow.

The OP stated, himself, that her actions caused the others to do the same. THIS CAUSED THE KIDS BEHIND HER...he seemed to state proudly...and is now back peddling to indicate that it was THEIR choice.

While he is correct that it WAS their choice...he is ALSO correct that his daughter CAUSED it.

Oh, this has nothing to do with bridges. :rolleyes: I always love when people use that...IF THEY JUMPED OFF A BRIDGE...blah, blah, blah. Make a valid point.

phantelope
Goldmember
1,889 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2008

Apr 12, 2013 20:01 |  #363

fotoworx wrote in post #15821617 (external link)
I feel stoned just reading this thread......please don't let it end!

I know, it's a classic. Everybody getting their panties in a bunch because they don't agree with some stranger who's opinion is completely irrelevant in their life. Internet is always ready providing good laughs :-)

40D, 5D3, a bunch of lenses and other things :cool:

banquetbear
Goldmember
1,601 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 12, 2013 20:04 as a reply to  @ post 15821751 |  #364

...this is a photography forum! This thread is badly in need of photos!

I promised last night that if the thread was still going (and I'm amazed that it is!) that I would take a picture of myself with something on my head in my best model pose. Now: I don't have time to do that today, so I've pulled something out of the archives:

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8107/8644533082_a69a3e9c7b_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/40982470@N04/8​644533082/  (external link)
My best model pose. (external link) by Big Mark Photography Wgtn (external link), on Flickr

www.bigmark.co.nzexternal link

Bear ­ Dale
"I get 'em pregnant"
4,868 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 12, 2013 20:05 |  #365

elrey2375 wrote in post #15821735 (external link)
It's good you taught them what's really important :rolleyes:

Thanks for the sarcasm.

They're successful because they studied at school, got degrees and are heading towards being at the top of their chosen professions.

They have married wonderful wives, have great circles of friends and will be in a position to pass on the love to their children that my wife and I showed them.

So yes, we did teach them what's really important and we did a really great job with it.

Cheers,
Bear Dale

Some of my photos featured on Flickr Bear Dale (external link)

sophie's-mom
317 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Apr 12, 2013 20:05 |  #366

Thorrulz wrote in post #15821745 (external link)
And even that could be debatable in a court of law as to whether or not she is liable for her own actions.

actually...that is very disturbing and sad.

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,589 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 12, 2013 20:06 |  #367

banquetbear wrote in post #15821779 (external link)

I promised last night that if the thread was still going (and I'm amazed that it is!) that I would take a picture of myself with something on my head in my best model pose. Now: I don't have time to do that today, so I've pulled something out of the archives:

Looks self inflicted, though you wear it very well. I hope you were wearing matching pumps.

phantelope
Goldmember
1,889 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2008

Apr 12, 2013 20:08 |  #368

Love the purse! :-D

40D, 5D3, a bunch of lenses and other things :cool:

elrey2375
Thinks it's irresponsible
4,992 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 12, 2013 20:10 |  #369

fotoworx wrote in post #15821780 (external link)
Thanks for the sarcasm.

They're successful because they studied at school, got degrees and are heading towards being at the top of their chosen professions.

They have married wonderful wives, have great circles of friends and will be in a position to pass on the love to their children that my wife and I showed them.

So yes, we did teach them what's really important and we did a really great job with it.

Humility not being one of those things... I'm just guessing:D

Again, I just have to ask, was the initial story even that funny?

http://emjfotografi.co​m/ (external link)
http://500px.com/EMJFo​tografi (external link)

icacphotography
613 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 12, 2013 20:32 |  #370

Thomas Campbell wrote in post #15817727 (external link)
That's ok. Lifetouch photographers have no soul.

This. Lifetouch,Jostens etc all these companies that do school pictures the people behind the camera aren't pro photogs. They know how to pose people and that's about it. Everything else they are trained to do by the managers of the studios (who themselves may be only slightly better than average photogs) I know personally for me I'll probably never bother with buying school photos when my kid is older just take my own in my little basement studio using backdrops and things I already have. I may buy grad pics since those are a pain to replicate at home but other than that the days of kids getting posed and parents actually buying the pictures is I think going the way of the dinosaur in the day and age of everyone being able to own a DSLR or heck even a P&S that can be quite high quality at a relatively low cost.

I could see way back in the film era when getting high end equipment was cost prohibitive but when you can buy a 5D full frame camera for $500-600 used add on a decent 135mm F2 lens and you've got an awesome portrait setup for just over a grand. I'd say all said and done if you really wanted to shoot pics of your kids in every activity you could do it for a couple grand into your gear and be producing professional quality pics even in low light situations. With that said yes I know it would take time to learn PP and proper exposure and such but that's why you learn when your kids are young so that when the big moments in life come you're already ready to hit the ground running

Body:50D gripped Magic Lantern'd
Lenses:50mm 1.8,40mm 2.8,28-105 USM II,70-210 F4, 1962 Asahi Pentax Super Takumar 55mm 1.8
Flash: Canon 430 EX
The camera is just a tool - it is not responsible for the picture.

vengence
Goldmember
2,103 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Apr 12, 2013 20:34 |  #371

banquetbear wrote in post #15821779 (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/40982470@N04/8​644533082/  (external link)
My best model pose. (external link) by Big Mark Photography Wgtn (external link), on Flickr

win

Thorrulz
Goldmember
3,805 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 12, 2013 20:35 |  #372

sophies-mom wrote in post #15821781 (external link)
=sophie's-mom;15821781]actually.​..that is very disturbing and sad.

As is the tone this thread is taking in some of the replys to others posts. People tend to over analyze and read between the lines when there is nothing to be read.

You could close down 100% of the teenagers facebook accounts for postings that are worse than what this young girl is said to have done.

Flickr (external link)
D800 I Nikon 200 f2 VR 1 I Nikon 200 f2 ED AI-S I Nikon 135 f2 DC I Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 I Nikon 50 f/1.4G I Nikon 85 f/1.8G I Pentax 645D I SMC FA 645 75 F2.8 I SMC FA 645 45-85 F4.5 I SMC FA 645 200 F4
My sister, the professional baker and cake decorator once told me that my camera takes great pics. My reply was that I thought her oven baked great cakes.:lol:

Luxornv
223 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Apr 12, 2013 20:39 |  #373

For those saying the OP's daughter was wasting time, consider this: at school picture day, all the students are usually required to have their picture taken. Since her parents never buy the pictures, there is no reason to have her picture taken, so now the school is wasting her time. She was not wasting the photographer's time anymore than the school was wasting hers.

Canon Rebel T3i - 18-55mm Kit lens- Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 - Rokinon 8mm Fish Eye - Canon 40mm f/2.8 Pancake - Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

elrey2375
Thinks it's irresponsible
4,992 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 12, 2013 20:44 |  #374

Luxornv wrote in post #15821892 (external link)
For those saying the OP's daughter was wasting time, consider this: at school picture day, all the students are usually required to have their picture taken. Since her parents never buy the pictures, there is no reason to have her picture taken, so now the school is wasting her time. She was not wasting the photographer's time anymore than the school was wasting hers.

Her time and the photographer's time aren't equal, that's the problem.

http://emjfotografi.co​m/ (external link)
http://500px.com/EMJFo​tografi (external link)

sophie's-mom
317 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Apr 12, 2013 20:46 |  #375

Luxornv wrote in post #15821892 (external link)

The OP had the opportunity to OPT his daughter OUT of the photo day but stated that it was too much trouble to do so. So, based on that logic...her father actually was the one wasting her and the photographer's time.

sponsored links

45,183 views & 0 likes for this thread
Hope my daughter didn't ruin this photographers day too badly.
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.