Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 15, 2013 08:38 |  #7261

Gundogs wrote in post #15829446 (external link)
Who saw Countryfile last night - and shall we get together a day trip here?
http://www.rspb.org.uk​/reserves/guide/h/have​rgate/ (external link)
the hare viewing was spec-tack-u-larrrr!

I've just emailed them to find out if we can book for a group of us to go there for a day - watch this space. Birds, and hares and owls... c'mon guys this'll be fab. It's about a 2 and a bit hr drive from me in Surrey to the Quay where you get the boat.
http://www.rspb.org.uk …vergate/star_sp​ecies.aspx (external link)

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

sponsored links
adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 15, 2013 08:39 |  #7262

@Penel that link has a timelapse of him doing a shoot, I don't have a background but will have a go outdoors

Sly the amount of spending on here will even make you proud....2 1DXs and a 5D mkIII !!

Out of curiosity what lighting would you recommend for for a mobile studio with two heads, looking at something with high speed sync, battery powered, wireless control, fairly sturdy and something I would not want to upgrade from. Was thinking of something along these lines http://www.wexphotogra​phic.com …tx-twin-head-kit/p1529872 (external link)

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 15, 2013 08:41 as a reply to  @ post 15829455 |  #7263

Gundogs wrote in post #15829476 (external link)
I've just emailed them to find out if we can book for a group of us to go there for a day - watch this space. Birds, and hares and owls... c'mon guys this'll be fab. It's about a 2 and a bit hr drive from me in Surrey to the Quay where you get the boat.
http://www.rspb.org.uk …vergate/star_sp​ecies.aspx (external link)

I would definitely be interested

Adrian

Klystron
Goldmember
2,730 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 15, 2013 08:46 |  #7264

adrian5127 wrote in post #15829479 (external link)
@Penel that link has a timelapse of him doing a shoot, I don't have a background but will have a go outdoors

Sly the amount of spending on here will even make you proud....2 1DXs and a 5D mkIII !!

Out of curiosity what lighting would you recommend for for a mobile studio with two heads, looking at something with high speed sync, battery powered, wireless control, fairly sturdy and something I would not want to upgrade from. Was thinking of something along these lines http://www.wexphotogra​phic.com …tx-twin-head-kit/p1529872 (external link)

You forgot 2 EOS M and a 6D in the last month as well. ;)

Sony A9, A7R II, Sony A7 III, A5000
zenfolio (external link) - flickr (external link) - 500px (external link)

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 15, 2013 08:56 |  #7265

I am sure there is something else I have forgotten as well!!

@Penel one more for you http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=RWiDBBDdF_w (external link) Uses a human model but same lighting idea

Adrian

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 15, 2013 08:59 |  #7266

adrian5127 wrote in post #15829479 (external link)

As a system I thing Elinchrom is hard to beat.

I would look at the quadra ranger system at that budget in particular a two Head Used A head kit. 400 watts will be enough is for 80% of situations and is is truly portable.

Or a pair of RX 600's. I would skip the kit as you don't need the triggers and I think you will want to upgrade the stands at some point so you may as well buy them from now. and you are going to want a box that sets u and breaks down easy even not taking into account the light quality and characteristics.

Give me your card, I will shop for you and you can pick them up!

Maybe that is my other thing a consultant shopper...

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 15, 2013 09:03 |  #7267

Thank-you to all that have picked up the "Buy Buy Buy" torch and kept running with it, fully embracing the spirt of the shop...

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 15, 2013 09:33 |  #7268

Afternoon all. In the spirit of Sly's Buy, buy, buy mantra I am buying a new bike in the next week or so! :)

I really ought to get my camera out at some point too! :|

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 15, 2013 09:37 |  #7269

I found a link for you this morning, I put it up on the book. which one you going for?

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined May 2006

Apr 15, 2013 09:42 |  #7270

Gundogs wrote in post #15829381 (external link)
This technique
http://www.horse-photographer.co.uk/gal​lery/ (external link)
how does he do it? anyone explain to me in simple terms? I think I've explored this before but can't remember what ? needs a big big light though doesn't it? someone's just asked me if I can do similar...

Yes, good photos there. Think I saw the guy at a show or someone similar- I'm also wanting to do a style of horse photograph similar to Stubbs- think it was be great to take.

Canon 20D, 7D +grip
16-35 F2.8 MKIIL; 10-22mm f3.5-4.5
18-55 F3.5-F5.6 kit lens, 70-200 F2.8 , L; 50mm F1.8 Kenko extension tubes; 430 Flash
Various filters, Diagonal Haoda focus screen, Canon 1.4 extender

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 15, 2013 09:42 |  #7271

Oh yes, just spotted it, I can never have enough info for repairing and servicing!

Not quite sure yet but I'm borrowing a Specialized Roubaix from a shop in Canterbury for the weekend and another local shop is suggesting I get a Raleigh Revenio Carbon...jury's out on that one. There are just too many options. Shame there isn't a Canon one! :lol:

Gear
UK South Easterners

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined May 2006

Apr 15, 2013 09:44 |  #7272

This is great!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/n​ews/technology-22125682 (external link)

Canon 20D, 7D +grip
16-35 F2.8 MKIIL; 10-22mm f3.5-4.5
18-55 F3.5-F5.6 kit lens, 70-200 F2.8 , L; 50mm F1.8 Kenko extension tubes; 430 Flash
Various filters, Diagonal Haoda focus screen, Canon 1.4 extender

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 15, 2013 09:47 |  #7273

Mike wrote in post #15829651 (external link)
Oh yes, just spotted it, I can never have enough info for repairing and servicing!

Not quite sure yet but I'm borrowing a Specialized Roubaix from a shop in Canterbury for the weekend and another local shop is suggesting I get a Raleigh Revenio Carbon...jury's out on that one. There are just too many options. Shame there isn't a Canon one! :lol:

I'm in.

http://www.specialized​.co.uk …s-roubaix-sl4-di2-compact (external link)

Specialized or trek for roadbikes for me.

Raleigh for choppers.

Klystron
Goldmember
2,730 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 15, 2013 09:52 |  #7274

Mike wrote in post #15829651 (external link)

Canon/Nikon = Campagnolo/Shimano !
Get it right ;)

Sony A9, A7R II, Sony A7 III, A5000
zenfolio (external link) - flickr (external link) - 500px (external link)

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 15, 2013 09:59 |  #7275

Kaben wrote in post #15804224 (external link)
Congrats Mr Bridger - just seen on Facebook the great news!
We need an updated smug photo whilst you are on safari!

Sylvester XxX wrote in post #15829669 (external link)
I'm in.

http://www.specialized​.co.uk …s-roubaix-sl4-di2-compact (external link)

Specialized or trek for roadbikes for me.

Raleigh for choppers.

Thanks for the link! I would love the S-Works Di2 model but I'm not sure Mrs G would be too happy with the price tag!

Klystron wrote in post #15829683 (external link)
Canon/Nikon = Campagnolo/Shimano !
Get it right ;)

Ah yes, thanks for the correction :D

Gear
UK South Easterners

sponsored links

852,616 views & 2 likes for this thread
The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.