Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 15, 2013 10:11 |  #7276

Mike wrote in post #15829702 (external link)
Thanks for the link! I would love the S-Works Di2 model but I'm not sure Mrs G would be too happy with the price tag!

I just checked that. :shock: I tend to start with pretty colours and work from there lol

The Roubaix Compact 2013 Road Bike is almost within the ride to wok thing!

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

sponsored links
felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Apr 15, 2013 10:12 |  #7277

Sylvester XxX wrote in post #15829741 (external link)
I tend to start with pretty colours and work from there lol

bw! hahahahaha - title fairy if you please :D

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 15, 2013 10:14 |  #7278

I am not afraid of no "fairy" lol

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Apr 15, 2013 10:16 |  #7279

Sylvester XxX wrote in post #15829752 (external link)
I am not afraid of no "fairy" lol

you're on fire today - that'll work too :lol:

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 15, 2013 10:18 |  #7280

I'm looking at buying the Roubaix Sport but trying out the lesser model...although the Roubaix Elite is also tempting me!

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Klystron
Goldmember
2,727 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 15, 2013 10:40 as a reply to  @ Mike's post |  #7281

Sly mode
You need an Enigma esprit :cool:
/Sly mode

Sony A9, A7R II, Sony A7 III, A5000
zenfolio (external link) - flickr (external link) - 500px (external link)

Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 15, 2013 11:11 as a reply to  @ Klystron's post |  #7282

:cool: UPS delivering tomorrow :D

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

Slapheadyeti
Goldmember
1,966 posts
Joined May 2010

Apr 15, 2013 13:10 |  #7283

Gundogs wrote in post #15829992 (external link)
:cool: UPS delivering tomorrow :D

Does this mean you'll be camping out by the post box then? Lol

Wayne A.W.O.L.
Canon 5D MKii Gripped, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 24-105 F4 L IS , Canon 70-200 F/4 L ,Canon 1.4X MKii , Canon 100mm f2.8 L IS, 2x Canon 430EX, Manfrotto 190XPROB, Manfrotto 494RC2,
http://www.slapheadyet​i.co.uk (external link) Flickr (external link)

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,186 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 15, 2013 13:52 |  #7284

Slapheadyeti wrote in post #15830455 (external link)
Does this mean you'll be camping out by the post box then? Lol

Surely the dogs will be posted as sentinels to make sure the Big Brown Van cannot escape before it delivers the goodies :) Afterall with a posse of four legged friends there is no way the parcel will not get delivered ;)

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

Spuddyd
799 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2012

Apr 15, 2013 13:57 |  #7285

adrian5127 wrote in post #15829418 (external link)
Penel have a look at this and his website. I can't remember who recommended him but he goes for the same effect.

http://www.markbeaumon​t.co.uk …-goes-equine-photo-shoot/ (external link)

Twas me....Mark is a near neighbour and friend (even if he does shoot for the dark side).

5DMk4, 16-35 f4L IS, 24-105 f4 L IS, Sigma 35 f1.4 ART, Sigma 50 f1.4 ART, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS, Sigma 1.4 and 2x converters, Lightroom CC.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits!
flickr (external link), Photobucket (external link), My 500PX (external link)

bridge99
Goldmember
3,325 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 15, 2013 14:05 |  #7286

Gundogs wrote in post #15823927 (external link)
Utterly crap weather for dog training today. Fairly depressing all around really. Anyway.

Memory cards for the 5D3? googling says Sandisk CF cards are fastest - anyone seen any good deals on 32mb cards?

have to upgrade my LR to 4 as well. Anything else I need to know...?

Basicly CF cards are a lot faster at transfer and writing than SD cards, that's why the 1dx has two CF slots for speed not because 'pros' are stuck in their ways and only like CF cards, but because SD cards won't keep up with the speed of the camera and the buffer will be waiting for the cards. I found in the 5d3 you get an extra couple of shots before the buffer slows down with CF and I use Sandisk Exrteme Pros SD cards in it.
Here's a chap that seems to have spent a very long time testing various cards, obviously has far to much time on his hands...
http://www.robgalbrait​h.com …i_page.asp?cid=​6007-12452 (external link)

1DX II 5DMK3 II 24-70L II 35L II 85L II 100L II 135L II 300L II 70-200L II
bridgephotography (external link) 500px (external link)

Kaben
Cream of the Crop
6,408 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Apr 15, 2013 14:23 |  #7287

Gundogs wrote in post #15829415 (external link)
LOL thanks guys - but unfortunately she's in Norfolk and it'd be while I'm on holiday - so no can do. I can't fit any more kit in the car, we're already struggling to get everything in even with the roofbox!
and I'm NOT buying anything else this year, so there :p:lol:

Adrian, let us know how you get on, sounds like you have a plan!!!

I have a variable ND filter you can borrow penel to help cut out the light to keep your shutter speed within sync. Either that or you can borrow my pocketwizards which go to 1/8000 sync.

Rob
My Gear []
My 500px [] (external link) My Flickr [] (external link)
BridgensPhotography.co​.uk (external link)WorldWar2Photography.c​o.uk (external link)
At Least Dreams Are Free

Kaben
Cream of the Crop
6,408 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Apr 15, 2013 14:24 |  #7288

adrian5127 wrote in post #15829479 (external link)
@Penel that link has a timelapse of him doing a shoot, I don't have a background but will have a go outdoors

Sly the amount of spending on here will even make you proud....2 1DXs and a 5D mkIII !!

Out of curiosity what lighting would you recommend for for a mobile studio with two heads, looking at something with high speed sync, battery powered, wireless control, fairly sturdy and something I would not want to upgrade from. Was thinking of something along these lines http://www.wexphotogra​phic.com …tx-twin-head-kit/p1529872 (external link)

Speak to Mark - i think he has some flash heads he is thinking of selling? Must be good because he got em from Sly in the first place!

Rob
My Gear []
My 500px [] (external link) My Flickr [] (external link)
BridgensPhotography.co​.uk (external link)WorldWar2Photography.c​o.uk (external link)
At Least Dreams Are Free

Slapheadyeti
Goldmember
1,966 posts
Joined May 2010

Apr 15, 2013 14:38 as a reply to  @ Kaben's post |  #7289

bridge99 wrote in post #15830666 (external link)
Basicly CF cards are a lot faster at transfer and writing than SD cards, that's why the 1dx has two CF slots for speed not because 'pros' are stuck in their ways and only like CF cards, but because SD cards won't keep up with the speed of the camera and the buffer will be waiting for the cards. I found in the 5d3 you get an extra couple of shots before the buffer slows down with CF and I use Sandisk Exrteme Pros SD cards in it.
Here's a chap that seems to have spent a very long time testing various cards, obviously has far to much time on his hands...

That's a good link Mark. I looked at a similar table when I was looking for cards for my 450d, albeit they were sd. It turned out that it would e the speed of the processor on my camera that would cause buffering way before most cards would. I'm sure this isn't the case with the 5D.

Wayne A.W.O.L.
Canon 5D MKii Gripped, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 24-105 F4 L IS , Canon 70-200 F/4 L ,Canon 1.4X MKii , Canon 100mm f2.8 L IS, 2x Canon 430EX, Manfrotto 190XPROB, Manfrotto 494RC2,
http://www.slapheadyet​i.co.uk (external link) Flickr (external link)

Klystron
Goldmember
2,727 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 15, 2013 14:39 |  #7290

bridge99 wrote in post #15830666 (external link)

I was talking to a guy yesterday, who has a 5D MK3 and uses the Extreme Sandisk cards, and reckons that the buffer on the camera filled up and would not take any more photos when using it on fast shutter speed. He was at the Mach loop, so maybe that has something to do with it .

Sony A9, A7R II, Sony A7 III, A5000
zenfolio (external link) - flickr (external link) - 500px (external link)

sponsored links

851,070 views & 2 likes for this thread
The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.