Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 10 Jan 2006 (Tuesday) 14:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Boston POTN Meet (2)

this thread is locked
sigma ­ pi
Cream of the Crop
11,204 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 15, 2013 19:48 |  #6976

I was able to call my friend that ran the marathon. So some cell service was up?

Don't try to confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up.
http://www.flickr.com …6850267535/in/p​hotostream (external link)

sponsored links
Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,620 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 15, 2013 20:02 |  #6977

Only outside of the affected area.

Confirmed fatality (1 of 3 now) was an 8-yr old boy :(

So sad, prayers for all affected.

SmugMug (external link)

scotteisenphotography
Never been blessed
4,147 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 15, 2013 20:24 |  #6978

I'm okay guys. Just a bit tired.

2X Canon 1Dx|Canon 1D Mark IV|Canon 5D Mark III|14mm 2.8L II|16-35mm 2.8L II|24mm 1.4L II|35mm 1.4L|50mm 1.2L |85mm 1.2L II|70-200 2.8L IS|200mm 2.0L IS|300mm 2.8L IS|400mm 2.8L IS|800mm 5.6L IS| 580EX II| 600EX RT II|

t3ichef
275 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Apr 15, 2013 20:30 as a reply to  @ scotteisenphotography's post |  #6979

here's a bunch of snaps i took in concord today...what a gorgeous day to be out in spite of the horrible tragedy in boston.

http://www.flickr.com …e/sets/72157633​253249471/ (external link)

Nathan
So boring
7,733 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 15, 2013 20:32 |  #6980

Good to hear that we're all okay and accounted for.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

Riles
305 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 15, 2013 20:41 |  #6981

sansational wrote in post #15824987 (external link)
If anyone is going to the Boston Marathon on Monday, and would like to sit in the bleachers after 2PM, I have a pass. Only rule is that I need to get on them by 3:30-3:45 to get pics of my g/f passing through.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/andrewsan/86474​08672/  (external link)
Seating Pass (external link) by andrewjsan (external link), on Flickr

Well, anyone besides Scott.

I just realized I was standing next to you yesterday afternoon. I'm sorry I didn't say hi, didn't know it was someone from here at the time.:oops:

TheAnt
Goldmember
1,386 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 15, 2013 20:41 |  #6982

Checking in, too. Glad to see everyone's ok.

And Scott, thanks for what you do.

6D EF 24-70 MkI - Σ 50 mm 1.4 - Σ 15mm 2.8 Fishie - 430EX II - AlienBees -
Website (external link) | Insta (external link) | 500px (external link)

sansational
Reverse Psychologist
2,384 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 15, 2013 20:44 |  #6983

Hey y'all. Thanks for being concerned about me - I'm fine. I was running late because I had to work later than I thought I would. I ran back to Cambridge to grab my backpack and VIP Seating Pass. On my way out the door, I ran into my upstairs neighbors Brian and Sarah. She ran in the marathon, and we stopped to talk about that amongst other things. This delayed me for a bit, and I ended up missing the 1 that would have taken me to Hynes Convention Center and placed me in the bleachers. I caught a later #1 bus, and was still en route via Mass Ave when my Twitter feed was filling up with news of explosions at the finish line. My first reaction was whether or not my g/f was around the line at that time, because her progress report through the BAA Marathon app was being delayed, and she was running a little faster than we had thought.

I hopped off the 1 at Marlborough and ran up the street to Comm Ave. Everything was blocked off and there was a lot of panic on those who knew what was going on, and a lot of confusion on part of the runners because all they knew was that the race had been stopped, but not many knew why. I walked back up Comm Ave towards the runners looking for Casey, knowing that it would be really hard to do. I offered my phone to runners looking to get a hold of their families, while still looking for Casey. Only 3 or 4 calls went through before everything jammed up. At this point, I got a little frantic, so I started heading towards the finish line knowing that it would be blocked. I kept looking around for someone/anyone .. any familiar face and found none other than SCOTT EISEN. I stopped him and ran around for a little bit with him, trying to find a way back down Boylston. We got a few places, and with the swarm of people, I ended up losing him. I then ran into a former co-worker and ran around with her for a bit while she tried to look for her cousin who was supposed to be crossing the line as the bombs went off. She's very tall, has very long legs, and runs like a gazelle and ended up losing me as I'm the opposite of her.

I decided to go to the family meeting tents in case Casey made it there. Lo and behold, I found ... SCOTT EISEN once again. I ran around with him and his photog buddies. At one point, we were all standing on Berkeley and Boylston when we were told to back up. A few moments later, we heard an explosion. I think I heard Scott mumble, "Yep, ****'s still blowin' up." (in hindsight, it's pretty cool how calm he was, and I think that kept me from going crazy over not being able to find my girlfriend. Thanks, Scott - I owe you a few.)

Finally, I was no longer in a dead spot, and about 20-30 text messages came through, one being from a number I didn't recognize. It said, "It's Casey r u okay? I'm still at Kenmore. Meet me at Holland and Knight." I told Scott I had to bail, and he told me he understood and was glad that Casey was ok. When she met me, she was a mess. She didn't wait around with whoever's phone she used to see if I was ok or not. All she knew was something bad happened at the finish line where I was supposed to be, and I wasn't answering her.

What a day. Could've been worse for us, but thankfully it wasn't. Prayers and thoughts to the families of the 3 victims, esp. that of the 8 year old child killed.

Andrew
flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

adamsheehy
485 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 15, 2013 20:47 |  #6984

KhanhD wrote in post #15830972 (external link)
Andrew just posted on fb he and Casey are okay. No cell signal for him right now.

Holy jesus, glad to hear - all I could picture was that pass he had posted.

flickr (external link)

t3ichef
275 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Apr 15, 2013 20:48 as a reply to  @ adamsheehy's post |  #6985

same here...legit went through my head almost instantly. glad everyone is ok.

sansational
Reverse Psychologist
2,384 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 15, 2013 21:06 |  #6986

Riles wrote in post #15832103 (external link)
I just realized I was standing next to you yesterday afternoon. I'm sorry I didn't say hi, didn't know it was someone from here at the time.:oops:

Did you have that 85mm I was eyeing?

Andrew
flickr (external link)

scotteisenphotography
Never been blessed
4,147 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 15, 2013 21:08 |  #6987

sansational wrote in post #15832114 (external link)
I decided to go to the family meeting tents in case Casey made it there. Lo and behold, I found ... SCOTT EISEN once again. I ran around with him and his photog buddies. At one point, we were all standing on Berkeley and Boylston when we were told to back up. A few moments later, we heard an explosion. I think I heard Scott mumble, "Yep, ****'s still blowin' up." (in hindsight, it's pretty cool how calm he was, and I think that kept me from going crazy over not being able to find my girlfriend. Thanks, Scott - I owe you a few.)

Haha Andrew, you because desensitized to stuff like that because when it's happening you gotta be able to keep working :)

2X Canon 1Dx|Canon 1D Mark IV|Canon 5D Mark III|14mm 2.8L II|16-35mm 2.8L II|24mm 1.4L II|35mm 1.4L|50mm 1.2L |85mm 1.2L II|70-200 2.8L IS|200mm 2.0L IS|300mm 2.8L IS|400mm 2.8L IS|800mm 5.6L IS| 580EX II| 600EX RT II|

Riles
305 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 15, 2013 21:09 |  #6988

Yeah. I was taking candids in Chinatown earlier that morning and eventually stumbled across the finish line a few hours later. Not exactly the best lens for racing as I quickly discovered.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Apr 15, 2013 21:14 |  #6989

Damn, I'm glad to hear you all are OK! Harm - Permie was asking about you over on FB. I reassured her that you were posting about events over here and gave a link to this thread.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

sansational
Reverse Psychologist
2,384 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 15, 2013 21:14 |  #6990

scotteisenphotography wrote in post #15832203 (external link)
Haha Andrew, you because desensitized to stuff like that because when it's happening you gotta be able to keep working :)

Cool to witness.

Riles wrote in post #15832206 (external link)
Yeah. I was taking candids in Chinatown earlier that morning and eventually stumbled across the finish line a few hours later. Not exactly the best lens for racing as I quickly discovered.

Heh. I was going to ask you how it was working out, but didn't want to seem like a creep. I was with my g/f then too. 1 mile races, right?

Andrew
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

583,131 views & 0 likes for this thread
Boston POTN Meet (2)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.