Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 18 Apr 2013 (Thursday) 08:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma service center turnaround time

remotehuman
I'm not into that
860 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 18, 2013 08:09 |  #1

I sent my broken Sigma 50 1.4 out to Sigma Thursday last week. They had it diagnosed Friday and sent me what it would cost to fix. I spoke to them Monday morning and paid for the repair then also. I haven't heard back yet and was wondering if anyone has had experience with their service department and how long it took to receive your item back. Thanks

Max | Gear | flickr (external link)

sponsored links
mikeinctown
Goldmember
2,028 posts
Joined May 2012

Apr 18, 2013 08:30 |  #2

I think it depends what the issue is. When I sent my new 35mm in, they turned it around in a day, but all they did was an AF update. I just sent it back for calibration as I think it is still off.

When I originally called them about sending in the 35, they told me two week turnaround time. If you filled out the on line repair form and sent it to NY, then you have a repair ticket number that you should be able to use to check on the status. Not sure how well it works though.

Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 18, 2013 08:51 |  #3

We get quoted 2 weeks turnaround here in HK as well.

-Tom
Flickr (external link)
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

remotehuman
THREAD ­ STARTER
I'm not into that
860 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 18, 2013 09:56 |  #4

I found the link on their site to enter your repair order number and email and mine comes up with nothing. I think I'll just give them a call later and see how it's going.

Max | Gear | flickr (external link)

mikeinctown
Goldmember
2,028 posts
Joined May 2012

Apr 18, 2013 10:28 |  #5

Don't enter the /00 after your repair number. On my sheet it has the /00 and it came up and not found, but when I removed the extra stuff, it came up with my service request sheet.

Jay ­ T
453 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 18, 2013 14:22 as a reply to  @ mikeinctown's post |  #6

Call them because they will not send you a email with tracking number. Call them and ask if they shipped it yet and ask for tracking #. Do it every day.

1DX\ 5diii gripped \ tokina 12-24 f/4 /sigma 24-60 f2.8 \ \ sigma 120-300 OS \ sigma 50 f1.4 \ canon 500 f4 IS \ canon1.4 III tc \ canon 2xii tc \sigma 2x dg tc \ 580ex \ 2x 430ex flickr (external link)

mikeinctown
Goldmember
2,028 posts
Joined May 2012

Apr 18, 2013 15:03 |  #7

Just got off the phone with Sigma. My lens was delivered this morning and they have already tested it and are doing adjustments for me. if you need parts I can see it maybe taking a few days, but i would imagine turnaround time is much less than 2 weeks.

silvrg35
190 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 18, 2013 21:25 |  #8

2 weeks from the day I shipped it.

sponsored links

1,124 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sigma service center turnaround time
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.