Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 04 Aug 2011 (Thursday) 18:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Android DSLR Controller - LiveView!

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 13, 2013 07:02 |  #76

Trugga wrote in post #15467643 (external link)
Not sure if this is the tight place to post this, but as the title, it seem to fit.

Bought a Galaxy S3 late last month and have been trawling for free apps (as you do) and came accros Helicon Remote (as mentioned previously). For the sake of £1.20 for a OTG adaptor lead, I thought it was worth a play - the lead was on the door mat when I got home this eveing.

It works :D

Samsung Helicon 7D (external link) by Trugga (external link), on Flickr

Not had a full play with it yet, but it does appear to operate the camera (a 7D). Not sure where I'll be using it though, perhaps it could be useful for astrophotography, although I do want to try the macro stacking tool.

For £1.20 I'm happy.

Lawrence

will check it out

sponsored links
magwai
Goldmember
1,094 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 14, 2013 06:48 |  #77

mtimber wrote in post #12883313 (external link)
Now if someone could do this for the iphone/ipad...

Not going to be possible without either jailbreaking or using another device to do the USB hosting, eg a laptop. Apple have limited their devices intentionally.

The other cool feature in Android that might be useful when out and about is the ability to set up ad-hoc wifi networks.

I don't know if that software supports it but in concept you could connect your phone to the camera and control things from a tablet remotely.

250 ­ Gimp
34 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 18, 2013 21:58 |  #78

This looks really cool!

An app for ipad would work better for me, but my phone is a droid, so I will look into it!

dman65
22 posts
Joined Jan 2002

Mar 27, 2013 16:34 |  #79

Is anyone using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" or the Kindle Fire HD 7" with this app? I am wanting to use it with a T2i and a 5d mark II and am wanting to use one of these sub $200 tablets if they will work. I am sure a different ROM would have to be installed on the Kindle, but that isn't a problem.

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 29, 2013 01:59 |  #80

dman65 wrote in post #15762656 (external link)
Is anyone using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" or the Kindle Fire HD 7" with this app? I am wanting to use it with a T2i and a 5d mark II and am wanting to use one of these sub $200 tablets if they will work. I am sure a different ROM would have to be installed on the Kindle, but that isn't a problem.

id be interested in knowing how you go about changing the ROM on a kindle fire hd if its not much of a problem.

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

Banger
249 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 03, 2013 09:19 |  #81

S.n.a.f.u. wrote in post #15768003 (external link)
id be interested in knowing how you go about changing the ROM on a kindle fire hd if its not much of a problem.

Start here and do a lot of reading. XDA is a great resource for all Smart phones/tablets. Read the Q and A section first. The custom ROMS are found in the development section. I have been customizing and rooting all my Android devices for the last 4 years and have not bricked one yet. But the key is to read and follow the directions provided. Always make backups.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdi​splay.php?f=1306 (external link)

1D MK IV / Σ 12 - 24 / Σ 50 1.4 / 85 1.8 /100 2.8/ 24-105L / 70-200L F2.8 IS Mk II / Σ 50-500 OS / 580EXII

autobotguy
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 08, 2013 13:42 |  #82

dman65 wrote in post #15762656 (external link)

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and it work fine with my Canon t3i. Word of warning about the SGT 2 7" though, don't do the latest update as JellyBean on this device suuuucks. Keep it at 4.0.3 ICS.

- autobotguy -
Canon T3i

e_friccero
38 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 16, 2013 01:06 |  #83

Very nice

AZGeorge
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 16, 2013 18:29 |  #84

Thanks for the spot.

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,801 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 21, 2013 14:21 |  #85

I just installed this on my Galaxy Note II after making sure it worked with the free app.

Plugged into my 5D MkIII, this is the BOMB!
My live view screen is now huge, I have access to so much (I only toyed with it on a tripod out the back door)
I can adjust everything, aperture, EC, etc.
The manual focus buttons are very cool. You can blow your view up to 10X then fine tune focus using the buttons,. and get things razor sharp.
I'd imagine this would be very handy for macro shooters, and studio shooters.

Impressive tool indeed.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

Neilyb
Cream of the Crop
5,192 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 22, 2013 03:57 |  #86

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #15851923 (external link)
I just installed this on my Galaxy Note II after making sure it worked with the free app.

Plugged into my 5D MkIII, this is the BOMB!
My live view screen is now huge, I have access to so much (I only toyed with it on a tripod out the back door)
I can adjust everything, aperture, EC, etc.
The manual focus buttons are very cool. You can blow your view up to 10X then fine tune focus using the buttons,. and get things razor sharp.
I'd imagine this would be very handy for macro shooters, and studio shooters.

Impressive tool indeed.

Oh well, that sells it, cable ordered :)

http://natureimmortal.​blogspot.com (external link)

http://www.natureimmor​tal.com (external link)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,801 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 23, 2013 18:00 |  #87

7 bucks plus another $3 for a cable, (I already had two) this is the cheapest upgrade I've ever found on this forum!!! :)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

mtimber
Cream of the Crop
5,011 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 25, 2013 11:47 |  #88

If I could find a cheap way to mount a nexus 7 to a tripod, this would interest me...

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you" (Belmondo)

my ­ name ­ is ­ always ­ taken
445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 26, 2013 06:32 as a reply to  @ mtimber's post |  #89

Does anyone by any chance have a 1D mk3 and this app?

Can you please let me know if yours is working, I cant get mine to work again. The app opens but that's about it, I can't open or change any settings.
There once was a time that it worked but now it doesn't and it makes me unhappy:(

Any help would be appreciated

https://smithersphotog​raphy.com.au/ (external link)
clintsmithers.me (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/CSmithersPhotograph​y/ (external link)
Google+

starship2011
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jul 2011

Apr 26, 2013 08:34 |  #90

Mounting a tablet to a tripod or hotshoe - Android DSLR Controller

mtimber wrote in post #15866187 (external link)
If I could find a cheap way to mount a nexus 7 to a tripod, this would interest me...

try this one:
http://www.ebay.com …lders&hash=item​2ec7603aec (external link)

i just ordered it...

sponsored links

39,996 views & 0 likes for this thread
Android DSLR Controller - LiveView!
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.