Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 12 Apr 2013 (Friday) 16:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens $1,929 at Adorama

HelenOster
That's me!
4,484 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 21, 2013 02:06 |  #31

ShootToCapture wrote in post #15847611 (external link)
Same here. They could, at least, provide us USPS Priority mail for $14-$16

baj2k wrote in post #15847686 (external link)
I think the problem is that the USPS can take up to 30 days before they'll process an insurance claim for lost or stolen (or damaged ???) items . I think that's why many retailers are reluctant to ship high value items that way.

If you ask me or one of the sales reps we will always look at shipping via USPS, but only for items valued $195 or under. Anything more than that and there is no insurance cover

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

sponsored links
HelenOster
That's me!
4,484 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 21, 2013 02:08 |  #32

Storage wrote in post #15849538 (external link)
I am hoping Adorama will do the same deal again. If I can't get it for this price, I will just order from B&H for $2049.99

You know that we almost always price match to equally reputable retailers? (sometimes we'll even go lower......); you only need send me the details, including a link to our competitor's listing......Helen@ado​rama.com

Helen@adorama.com

vengence
Goldmember
2,103 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Apr 21, 2013 08:34 |  #33

HelenOster wrote in post #15850589 (external link)
You know that we almost always price match to equally reputable retailers? (sometimes we'll even go lower......); you only need send me the details, including a link to our competitor's listing......Helen@ado​rama.com

I didn't know that, that's really good to know. Thanks!

Storage
327 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Apr 21, 2013 10:02 as a reply to  @ HelenOster's post |  #34

HelenOster wrote in post #15850589 (external link)

Good to know

Myduc1098
684 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 22, 2013 13:54 |  #35

I just received my 24-70L II this morning. The very FIRST thing that caught my attention was the receipt which shown with the amount of $2049 charged to credit card (confirmation email was shown with amount of $1929), so immediately I picked up the phone and called Ardorama to find out why. They said that code doesn’t apply to this order, then I was like NO WAY. She asked me for the code number (S2221112) and put me on hold for about 4 minutes then came back and gave the good news that the difference of $120 will be credit back to my card within 7 business days… YAY. Problem solved!

Now, SECOND thing was the lens box completely crushed all corners really bad (not the shipping box) but inside contents were OK. I don’t know why even the shipping box seems fine to me.

Took the lens out and snapped couple shots. Wow! I noticed that the color contrast is way better than the Mark I. I will do side by side test compare with my 24L II, 50L and even 70-200L II.

Nikon Df, D810 - 50mm f1.8G Special Edition (Black), 14-24mm f2.8G, 85mm f1.4G, 200mm f2G VR II, 300mm f2.8G VR II
5D Mark IV - TS-E 17mm f4L, 14-24mm f2.8 ART, 50mm f1.4 ART, 105mm f1.4 ART
Fujifilm X100f, X-T2, X-H1 Grip, XF 10-24, XF 23 1.4. Sony A9 is calling my name.
Feedback

4g63photo
Goldmember
2,742 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 22, 2013 14:15 |  #36

I look forward to your results myduc. I'm so tempted right now.

-Fernando-
Gear List
Flickr (external link)

ShootToCapture
403 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 22, 2013 17:18 |  #37

UPS lost my canon lens. UPS haven't updated status of my package after 5 business days and my canon lens still stay at NJ.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,484 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 23, 2013 00:05 |  #38

ShootToCapture wrote in post #15856008 (external link)
UPS lost my canon lens. UPS haven't updated status of my package after 5 business days and my canon lens still stay at NJ.

Your unit will not still be in NJ - our shipping procedure is that we have 4 dock doors in shipping; 2 always have UPS 53’ trailers in them while 1 door is usually empty and used for the busy season when we add a 3rd UPS trailer. Finally we have a dock door that USPS, UPSMI and Fed-Ex all come to pick up at the end of the day.

As items are picked and packed they are loaded onto the trailer and the shipping confirmation that you received is generated – you can view the process here: http://www.youtube.com …wydXTTIKo&featu​re=related (external link)

Once we have the BOL signed by the driver and they pull away it is UPS’s property and responsibility.

We are shipping around 5,000 items each day, and these are taken to one of the 3 local UPS hubs where they should be scanned into the UPS system – along with all the other packages collected during the day.

If a package misses the scan – which happens far too frequently – the shipping info cannot be updated until the packages make it to the next hub. It does not mean that your item is 'lost', just that it's exact position within the UPS system cannot be pinpointed at this moment in time.

If you email me directly: Helen@adorama.com (external link) with your order number when it is actually late ie outside the time frame that you requested at checkout, we can open a trace. Most 'MIA' packages are located within the first 10 business days - if not, it is considered lost, and we refund or re-ship.

Helen@adorama.com

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 23, 2013 03:45 |  #39

Helen is definitely the best customer service agent I have ever met anywhere. She does everything that is humanly possible in her position to satisfy the client.

Keep up the great work Helen, Adorama is pleased to have you in their team.

Hi, I'm David.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,484 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 23, 2013 05:52 |  #40

Rivest wrote in post #15857565 (external link)
Helen is definitely the best customer service agent I have ever met anywhere. She does everything that is humanly possible in her position to satisfy the client.

Keep up the great work Helen, Adorama is pleased to have you in their team.

Thank you! I shall start the day with a BIG smile, today!! :D:D:D

Helen@adorama.com

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 23, 2013 17:03 |  #41

there was something screwy with my tracking number that was sent too, it said it was sitting in NJ, but it showed up at my house on the expected delivery date.

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographer (external link)
Travel the World and Photograph (external link)
Find me on Facebook (external link)

ShootToCapture
403 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 23, 2013 17:56 |  #42

bigcountry wrote in post #15859652 (external link)
there was something screwy with my tracking number that was sent too, it said it was sitting in NJ, but it showed up at my house on the expected delivery date.

Yes. I received my lens today and very happy it. Big box for little lens. :D

baj2k
724 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 23, 2013 22:33 as a reply to  @ ShootToCapture's post |  #43

Mine arrived yesterday but I didn't arrive until tonight :) . Price charged was correct. The big shipping box arrived in pristine condition. The lens is in perfect shape... Adorama VIP extended warranty included... waiting for the sun tomorrow... now I'm saving for the RRS TVC-34L Versa Series 3 Tripod and BH-55-Pro ballhead I have on backorder... then finally, I'll be a great photographer... ;)

ShootToCapture
403 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 24, 2013 04:11 |  #44

So far i am not very impressed about sharpness of 24-70 F2.8L II compare to my 70-200 F2.8L II. I need few more test before making final conclusion.

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 26, 2013 10:55 |  #45

ShootToCapture wrote in post #15861287 (external link)
So far i am not very impressed about sharpness of 24-70 F2.8L II compare to my 70-200 F2.8L II. I need few more test before making final conclusion.

Have you guys seen this? IMO Tamron is def worth a serious consideration. Especially for those who are able to get it for $1k like myself w/ Canadian warranty. When this price is done, does one still think that Canon is $1000+ better choice than Tamron? i think not.. :cool:

"A DxOMark Overall Score of 29 ranks the Tamron 1st for image quality on professional standard zooms, just pushing the own brand Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G AD into second with 28 points,..."

http://nikonrumors.com …-8g-ed-vr-ii-lenses.aspx/ (external link)

http://www.dxomark.com …mes-out-on-top/Conclusion (external link)

sponsored links

6,071 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens $1,929 at Adorama
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.