Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 24 Apr 2013 (Wednesday) 17:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Default botton of Lightroom 4.3 - where?

Langin
30 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Apr 24, 2013 17:46 |  #1

Sirs,
I just start to learn Lr and play around too much, now I cannot go back to the original interface. Anyone can help? Thank you so much.

sponsored links
Tommy1957
Goldmember
1,288 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Apr 24, 2013 18:40 |  #2

Get a Lightroom book. I find mine indispensable. I have Scott Kelby's book for LR3, but for the most part it still applies. I am using LR4.4 and the book still helps when I can't figure something out.

Version 4 of Mr. Kelby's book at Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com …rds=Lightroom+s​cott+kelby (external link)

You'll need to learn to overlook some of his silly humor. The information in the book is solid.

Luckless
Goldmember
3,064 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 24, 2013 18:53 |  #3

Good question. I haven't come across any "reset ui" option yet. What part of the original interface are you looking to get back, and what don't you like about the current layout you have? (I study interface design, so always like to hear about people's issues.)

Canon EOS 7D | EF 28 f/1.8 | EF 85 f/1.8 | EF 70-200 f/4L | EF-S 17-55 | Sigma 150-500
Flickr: Real-Luckless (external link)

Langin
THREAD ­ STARTER
30 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Apr 24, 2013 19:04 |  #4

1. Sorry Luckless, I might have used wrong word. I mean the first page of Lr appearing when this program is downloaded.
2. I played around too much and could not get back to this first preset.
3. If no one could not help. I would uninstall this program, and install it back again. I could not think of any way to solve my own problem. But it seems silly. I want smart people to help me. So.
Thank you so much for your comment.

Heath
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 24, 2013 20:22 |  #5

Are you talking about the Library tab?

You can click on it in the upper right corner, or just hit "g" for grid or "l" for loupe. Either of those take you back to the library.

Or maybe you need to hit shift-tab. This will show the menus on the left and right.

Maybe post a screen shot as to what you are looking at and it might be easier to tell you what to do.

Definitely buy a book, Scott Kelby, Martin Evening or Victoria Brampton. They are all great options.

Heath
"Some photographers push the envelope. Some sit behind a keyboard and criticize their accomplishments." (seen in the comments of a photo article)
Blog (external link)-Twitter (external link)-Zenfolio (external link)-500px (external link)-Pinterest (external link)-Gear List

TTuna ­ Eye
202 posts
Joined May 2011

Apr 24, 2013 21:48 |  #6

Check out the Lr tutorials on SLRlounge.com. I use them all of the time. I bet they have your answer there.

6D, 60D, 100L, 24-105L, Sig 150-500, nifty 50, EF-S 60mm, Tam SP70-200 f/2.8 Di VC, Underwater gear T2i in a Watershot housing with Inon S2000 strobes.

sponsored links

783 views & 0 likes for this thread
Default botton of Lightroom 4.3 - where?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.