Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 Apr 2013 (Monday) 09:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

T4i vs 60d vs 7d ... I am sure this has been asked before

bejosudewo
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Apr 22, 2013 23:18 |  #46

They all the same sensor and metering. 60D is a compromise for better handling and weather sealing than rebel but 7D ergonomics and autofocus is in untouchable level. For casual use T4i or even T2i is better and way cheaper. 60D can be bought for $600, 7D for $1000 and T2i for $350 or less.

sponsored links
georgebowman
Goldmember
1,510 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 23, 2013 23:50 |  #47

Canon has a $200 rebate on their 7ds until the April 27th. I'm about ready to pull the trigger. Thanks everyone. Great discussion.

My Gear: 7d, XTi, 17-55f2.8 EF-S, 70-200f4L, 28-135 Kit lens, 2-580EXii

Fuce
257 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Apr 24, 2013 06:54 |  #48

georgebowman wrote in post #15856815 (external link)
This is a great discussion and it couldn't be more timely. I have 2-50ds and an XTi. I was planning on selling my 50d's this week and buying a 7d. I originally thought I'd buy a 6d because I really wanted a good landscape camera and the FF sensor can't be beat. However, I still shoot my grandchildren's sporting events and the 6d autofocus doesn't seem like it holds a candle to the 7d. The 19 point cross-type focus on the 7d is hard to beat. I will miss the FF sensor but I suspect it's still a good compromise under the circumstances. I will but FF sensor camera someday but it's not in the cards now. I ruled out the T4i because I just don't like the small frame feel. If size doesn't matter the T4i specs look pretty darn good.

The 7d for sports is tough to beat, but with the right lens, it is also a nice landscape and portrait camera. I have spent a lot of time handling rebels recently shopping for one for my daughter. They are great but the 7d just feels like a different class of camera. And to the OP, between the 7d and 60d, if you are shopping for a body to last, why not get one that will give you room to grow as a photographer. That is definitely the 7d. They are definitely becoming more an more affordable.

“with the breakdown of the medieval system, the gods of chaos, lunacy, and bad taste gained ascendancy." Ignatius J. Reilly

Needsnow
Goldmember
1,812 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 24, 2013 08:48 |  #49

Just a note on the micro adjustment of the 7d. It is one number only. So for a zoom lens, you have to pick a focal length and then make a single adjustment for the entire lens. In the full frame 6d and up cameras, they now allow you to make two adjustments per zoom lens. That is absolutely amazing. Just want you to realize that the microadjust in the 7d does NOT have that feature.

Canon EOS R

georgebowman
Goldmember
1,510 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 25, 2013 22:22 |  #50

I pulled the trigger on the 7d last night. It was shipped this morning. Thanks everyone for making my decision easier. I'm going to post my two 50ds for sale tomorrow. I'm keeping my XTi as my backup. Cheers!

My Gear: 7d, XTi, 17-55f2.8 EF-S, 70-200f4L, 28-135 Kit lens, 2-580EXii

vorlon1
Goldmember
1,227 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 25, 2013 23:14 |  #51

Congrtats on your purchase, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin
5Dc Gripped, 6D Gripped, Nikon D300, Olympus OMD-EM1, Fuji XT-20, Pentax 50 1.4, 40mm f/2.8 Pancake, 24-105 mm L, 85mm 1.8, 18-200mm 3.5-5.6, Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 Macro, 70-200mm f/4 L, etc.
Smugmug: http://paladinphotos.s​mugmug.com/ (external link)

sponsored links

4,594 views & 0 likes for this thread
T4i vs 60d vs 7d ... I am sure this has been asked before
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.