Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
Thread started 28 Apr 2013 (Sunday) 09:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A $10 make or break decision on ELPH110HS vs ELPH320HS

Canajun
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 28, 2013 09:55 |  #1

I'm thinking of getting my sister a P&S. Shes not the type who will be playing around the settings. These two are on sale at the moment for $129/$139. I'm not sure if the 320HS is wifi or not but it doesn't matter. She won't use this feature. Other than the touchscreen is there any difference between the two?

Jun.Roberto.Dizon.Greg​orio
My Photographic Gears.

I Like Shooting Animals Than People.

sponsored links
HaroldC3
Goldmember
3,037 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined May 2007

Apr 28, 2013 10:44 |  #2

Not sure if used is an option but I saw someone selling a Panasonic LX5 for really cheap on FM. If I didn't have an S95 I'd get it quick. For $140 it's a steal.

http://www.fredmiranda​.com …50/0?keyword=lx​5#11500288 (external link)

If you are truly looking for a compact then here is a site that does a quick analysis. I can't see any real differences: http://snapsort.com …0-HS-vs-Canon-ELPH-110-HS (external link)

You can also check out the Amazon reviews, the most elpful one talks about previous models: http://www.amazon.com …/ref=cm_cr_pr_p​roduct_top (external link)

Flickr (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

Canajun
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 28, 2013 10:59 |  #3

HaroldC3 wrote in post #15875468 (external link)
Not sure if used is an option but I saw someone selling a Panasonic LX5 for really cheap on FM. If I didn't have an S95 I'd get it quick. For $140 it's a steal.

http://www.fredmiranda​.com …50/0?keyword=lx​5#11500288 (external link)

If you are truly looking for a compact then here is a site that does a quick analysis. I can't see any real differences: http://snapsort.com …0-HS-vs-Canon-ELPH-110-HS (external link)

You can also check out the Amazon reviews, the most elpful one talks about previous models: http://www.amazon.com …/ref=cm_cr_pr_p​roduct_top (external link)

I did came to the last two links but not FW. As you can see they are pretty close. I'm just wondering if I was missing something very important. Thanks for replying

My Photographic Gears.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Apr 28, 2013 11:25 |  #4

The 320 has a 3.2" touch screen and no back buttons; the 110 has a 3" non-touch-screen and the back buttons we're used to.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,929 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 28, 2013 11:43 |  #5

http://www.photography​-factory.co.uk …camera-review-comparison/ (external link)

Gotta go 110 :)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

Canajun
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 28, 2013 13:22 |  #6

@Jon thanks

i gotta say. That was a very refreshing and fun review. Almost want me to get a Leica oops I mean Lumix for myself :D

To be honest it should not take more than a couple of minutes to decide between these two. I just feel the extra touchscreen ( although I've read about the lag) and leather case maybe something that my sis would like. But no one here is really jumping to say DON'T BUY THE 320HS so I'm going to go ahead and get it.

Sorry for going against you choice, I hope my above explanation will suffice.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back and read that link to the end. :D

My Photographic Gears.

Canajun
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 30, 2013 07:19 |  #7

Good call on the 110. I got the 320 and the lag on the touchscreen is so slow that (with my fingers) I started using the stylus to make it work for me.
It's a good thing that my sis will only use it as a point and shoot (literary) that it won't matter much. She's not the type that would chimp on all the features.

:oops: sorry for doubting you :oops:

My Photographic Gears.

Mikedie
123 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Apr 30, 2013 20:59 |  #8

whatever the page says.. the RX100 is better than the S110.
in terms of imagequality, NO compact can match with the RX1 the slightest.
even most DSLR cams are no match for the RX1.

http://www.flickr.com/​Mikedie1 (external link)

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Apr 30, 2013 21:11 |  #9

Mikedie wrote in post #15884964 (external link)
whatever the page says.. the RX100 is better than the S110.
in terms of imagequality, NO compact can match with the RX1 the slightest.
even most DSLR cams are no match for the RX1.

And the RX100 isn't within $10 of the Elph 110 HS or Elph 320 HS. It's not even within $500 of them, so it's a non-starter.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Mikedie
123 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Apr 30, 2013 21:29 |  #10

Jon wrote in post #15885000 (external link)
And the RX100 isn't within $10 of the Elph 110 HS or Elph 320 HS. It's not even within $500 of them, so it's a non-starter.

Im fully aware that this is kinda "off topic".
Maybe someone should explain to Canajun that the ELPH110HS is not the S110.
so the page CyberDyneSystems posted, is kinda pointless.

Canajun
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 30, 2013 22:30 |  #11

Mikedie wrote in post #15885056 (external link)
Im fully aware that this is kinda "off topic".
Maybe someone should explain to Canajun that the ELPH110HS is not the S110.
so the page CyberDyneSystems posted, is kinda pointless.

Nothing need to be explained. I know the difference between s110 and 110HS.

I have seen numerous posts from CDS here POTN. Therefore being a regular contributor I assumed that he knows enough to stay on topic. So when he typed 110 I took it as he was referring to 110HS regardless of that link. Only Jake would be able to verify my assumption but that's how I took it.

the link is not pointless because it gives insights on what's in the mind of the "experts" when asked for their opinions... again that's how I took it.

My Photographic Gears.

Mikedie
123 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Apr 30, 2013 22:43 |  #12

Canajun wrote in post #15885210 (external link)
the link is not pointless because it gives insights on what's in the mind of the "experts" when asked for their opinions... again that's how I took it.

Wich brings me back to my first post. because the so called "experts" are wrong in this case.

MikeFairbanks
Cream of the Crop
6,428 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 05, 2013 09:24 |  #13

I had the 110HS and didn't really like it much. There are tons of features, but none of that was any good to me if I couldn't simply have AV or TV mode.

Without manual controls, a camera is very limiting. I sold my 110HS about a month or two after I bought it. My avatar pic was taken with it.

Thank you. bw!

Canajun
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 05, 2013 16:51 |  #14

MikeFairbanks wrote in post #15899424 (external link)
I had the 110HS and didn't really like it much. There are tons of features, but none of that was any good to me if I couldn't simply have AV or TV mode.

Without manual controls, a camera is very limiting. I sold my 110HS about a month or two after I bought it. My avatar pic was taken with it.

Like you I found that the camera is not for me. But because it was only $139. I've decided not to return it. Once I've set most of the settings. The only thing that my sis were interested in was the shutter button. Too bad it does not have a physical record button.

My Photographic Gears.

Tigerkn
Goldmember
4,067 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jun 27, 2013 16:25 |  #15

Canajun wrote in post #15875316 (external link)
I'm thinking of getting my sister a P&S. Shes not the type who will be playing around the settings. These two are on sale at the moment for $129/$139. I'm not sure if the 320HS is wifi or not but it doesn't matter. She won't use this feature. Other than the touchscreen is there any difference between the two?

Where can I find the $129 price on the ELPH110HS?

Website (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Gears (external link)

sponsored links

1,940 views & 0 likes for this thread
A $10 make or break decision on ELPH110HS vs ELPH320HS
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.