Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 27 Apr 2013 (Saturday) 01:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Pixco flashes?

Asad_A203
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Apr 27, 2013 01:08 |  #1

Hey,

Has anyone used these Pixco PG708 flashes before:

http://www.ebay.com …ashes&hash=item​3f2473a6b5 (external link)

It seems like they are knock offs of the YN568s (LOL, knock offs of a knock off...), but I am curious to see if anyone has used them before and what their experience is with them.

I have been using my old manual flashes (Nikon SB24, Vivitar 285HV) for the past 6 years and was looking at getting a modern eTTL flash to see what all the fuss is about. I was set on the YN565/YN568, but I don't mind paying $80 if it is basically the same flash.

Thanks in advance.

Canon 6D + BG-E13 + ML | Canon Rebel T2i + BG-E8 + ML | Canon 24-105L f/4 | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 | Canon 50 f/1.8 | Nikon 50 f/1.4 | Bunch of Video Accessories

ukcyberboy
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 29, 2013 13:04 |  #2

I hope someone knows something about these i would love to try them with the nikon command system.

Body | Canon 6D |
Lens | Yongnuo 50mm 1.8 |
Lens | Canon 28-70 2.8 L |
Lens | Canon 70-200is F4 L |
Lighting | Yongnuo YN600RX |
Accessories | Various Bits |‚Äč

tvm777
30 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Jun 08, 2013 15:10 |  #3

i own one, and yes ttl works as it should

FlashZebra
This space available
4,427 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 08, 2013 17:13 |  #4

The flash looks like the "Triopo TR-850EX", or possibly a variant of the "Triopo TR-850EX" discussed here:

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1305848

and also looks like a variant of the Polaroid discussed here:

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1303815

This basic design, with several different design variations, seems to be popping up in a lot of places (using different marketing names).

Enjoy! Lon

http://flashzebra.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

978 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pixco flashes?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.