Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 26, 2013 11:18 |  #1126

gakoenig wrote in post #15868895 (external link)
So what you are saying is that we should have made the Cinch lime green, and silk screened "LUMA LABS: EXPENSIVE STRAPS FOR EXPENSIVE ASS CAMERAS" on the outside of the shoulder pad?

:D

I'd have put "Pinch My Cinch" in sassy-pink :p

My Gearlist

sponsored links
Dj ­ R
Goldmember
2,988 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 27, 2013 13:44 |  #1127

I love my Cinch1. No need to change right now.

BAG Reviews, master list!
Tons of Sony gear
Some Canon gear

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 30, 2013 13:19 as a reply to  @ Dj R's post |  #1128

Just got mine today. Put my v1 on my 30D with the new Arca plate and used my custom Markins plate with the v2. Looks and feels just like the v1 Cinch. As much as I like the machined aluminum buckles of the original Cinch, I much prefer the black composite hardware of the v2.

Here are the obligatory pics.

IMAGE: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Ifz-0nSRKds/UYAKUwcrbGI/AAAAAAAAkys/xawMVtwW7BQ/w1024-h683/Cinch+v2-3.JPG

IMAGE: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nXX1_F6fz3g/UYAKSmTuFiI/AAAAAAAAkyc/uMzQxojAct0/w1024-h683/Cinch+v2-1.JPG

IMAGE: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RF8Vg30E-cM/UYAKV7n4jNI/AAAAAAAAky0/zkrJZ2qwqf0/w1024-h683/Cinch+v2-4.JPG

IMAGE: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RFdF0Yt8Smc/UYAKTqdolLI/AAAAAAAAkyk/uOEQN3aaPt4/w1024-h683/Cinch+v2-2.JPG

Alex
Gear List
Feedback
Photography (external link)

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 30, 2013 15:27 |  #1129

^ looks cool on your 5D III.

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 30, 2013 15:33 |  #1130

DarthVader wrote in post #15883855 (external link)
^ looks cool on your 5D III.

:cool:

Alex
Gear List
Feedback

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,427 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Apr 30, 2013 15:47 |  #1131

Looks great, Alex!

Wore my Cinch 2 with my 7D and 70-200 F4 for almost 3 hours on Sunday hiking. Felt great and ergonomically sound... Admittedly the combo isnt particularly heavy but I could barely feel the weight and it stuck close to my body and didn't sway around

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 30, 2013 15:52 |  #1132

Yeah. I can't wait. Leaving to Boston on Friday to visit friends and then go on a New England cruise for a week through Maine, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec. I'll put the Cinch 2 to good use.

Alex
Gear List
Feedback

Dj ­ R
Goldmember
2,988 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 30, 2013 16:14 |  #1133

Markins plate!!!

Tons of Sony gear
Some Canon gear

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 30, 2013 23:11 |  #1134

Dj R wrote in post #15884054 (external link)
Markins plate!!!

I like the enthusiasm! Yes!! It's a Markins plate!!! I removed my RRS L-plate that was attached to my vertical grip. I just found it too heavy. I may sell it since I'm just not using it. The Markins plate is so thin, small and lightweight that it makes a huge difference when carrying the camera around all day. The added bonus is that it has a loop for the Cinch strap.

Alex
Gear List
Feedback

0.0f
179 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 01, 2013 03:07 |  #1135

anybody using the custom slr mplate pro?

EOS 5D MK3 - 24-70 MK2

tipidsale
331 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 01, 2013 03:18 |  #1136

I am also using the custom SLR mplate pro, just waiting for somebody using the Cinch on these.

0.0f
179 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 01, 2013 03:25 |  #1137

tipidsale wrote in post #15885805 (external link)
I am also using the custom SLR mplate pro, just waiting for somebody using the Cinch on these.

i'm thinking of buying one of these plates when i get my cinch, i will use the plate with the cloop. how are you using it at the moment?

EOS 5D MK3 - 24-70 MK2

Dj ­ R
Goldmember
2,988 posts
Joined Aug 2009

May 01, 2013 07:05 |  #1138

lehmanncpa wrote in post #15885322 (external link)
I like the enthusiasm! Yes!! It's a Markins plate!!! I removed my RRS L-plate that was attached to my vertical grip. I just found it too heavy. I may sell it since I'm just not using it. The Markins plate is so thin, small and lightweight that it makes a huge difference when carrying the camera around all day. The added bonus is that it has a loop for the Cinch strap.

Mine delivers today. The same plate. I have a q3 ball and I, waiting on the plate and hand strap. Cheers.

Tons of Sony gear
Some Canon gear

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

May 01, 2013 09:51 as a reply to  @ Dj R's post |  #1139

My initial observations of the Cinch 2:

- Build quality is superb, just like the Cinch 1. It just feels like a well-made product.

- I like the narrower webbing. The webbing on the Cinch 1 was often too bulky for stuffing inside a camera bag. It also looked like overkill for a compact dslr. Maybe looked better with a 1D series.

- I like the composite Arca Swiss plate. Although I am using a Markins plate specifically designed for my 5D3, I used the Luma composite Arca Swiss plate on my 30D and it works great. The material is top-notch and the rubber padding really makes a secure bond with the camera. Absolutely no wiggle even with a good amount of pressure applied.

- I love the new composite sliders. While the brushed aluminum of the Cinch 1 is very sexy, I prefer the black composite hardware on the Cinch 2. I love that there are two - one on each side. There is no longer a front and rear - both sides are the same.

- I wish they had included strap retainer loops. I had some spare ones from another strap and used those, but the strap that attaches to the camera often has some slack and the loops are useful in keeping the ends together.

- While I prefer they had made the rings that attach the shoulder pad to the straps in a composite material as well, it seems the metal loops allow the strap to slide more smootly when adjusting. Maybe Luma can work on a design made from composite material that would still allow for smooth strap adjustment.

- I am indifferent about the sticky areas on the shoulder pad. I thought the old pattern was as effective as the new pattern, just looks different. I don't have a problem with either.

- The Cinch 2 feels lighter and more manageable. The Cinch 1 sometimes felt like too much strap and I found myself leaving it at home when on vacation or just a quick run around town. I think it has to do with the narrower webbing and symmetrical design of the new strap.

Overall, I think Luma hit a home run with the new strap. The adjustability of the strap allows you to use it as a traditional neck strap or a sling strap. The new Luma composite Arca Swiss plate allows you to connect the strap to a number of different points on the camera in a variety of configurations that make it more comfortable for your needs. Good job Luma.

Alex
Gear List
Feedback

Rewind
77 posts
Joined Dec 2012

May 01, 2013 12:09 |  #1140

Any word on the public availability? :D

30D | 70-200 | 40 | 20-35 | YN560-III
Canada

sponsored links

274,690 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.