Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 02 May 2013 (Thursday) 13:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1st Maternity Shoot - C&C Welcome

ExplicitSnow
449 posts
Gallery: 99 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

May 02, 2013 13:03 |  #1

i took these shots for a friend of a friend, 2 days prior of delivering her twin boys

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i600.photobucke​t.com …/marissa-_zpsa6e6dfb6.jpg (external link)

http://i600.photobucke​t.com …/marisa3-_zps045d8998.jpg (external link)

http://i600.photobucke​t.com …risa6-922_zps3970b04b.jpg (external link)

http://i600.photobucke​t.com …/marisa7-_zpsf7327556.jpg (external link)

SullyMass
84 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 02, 2013 13:10 |  #2

I think they're nice, that said, some CC.

I would suggest easing back a decent amount on the skin softening on the face on 1,2,4 and tone down the contrast in 1,2. I think 3 is great, very creative.

5D III | 7D | 450D - 50mm f/1.4 | 24-105L | 70-200mm f/2.8L II | 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

irishguy0224
531 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Apr 2013

May 02, 2013 15:02 |  #3

I think #3 is the best of the set, although i am personally not a fan of the selective color shots.

in #1 i would have backed up a little bit
in #2 i would watch the crop as you have lost the bottom of her stomach

I don't think #4 is a very flattering shot.

Not bad for your first time though. I'm sure your friend was happy with them. And as said, watch the skin softening.

FlickR (external link)
Sony A7ii - Sony FE 85 1.8 - Zeiss 16-35 F4 - Samyang 35 AF 2.8

ExplicitSnow
THREAD ­ STARTER
449 posts
Gallery: 99 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

May 02, 2013 15:25 |  #4

SullyMass wrote in post #15890804 (external link)
I think they're nice, that said, some CC.

I would suggest easing back a decent amount on the skin softening on the face on 1,2,4 and tone down the contrast in 1,2. I think 3 is great, very creative.

irishguy0224 wrote in post #15891154 (external link)
I think #3 is the best of the set, although i am personally not a fan of the selective color shots.

in #1 i would have backed up a little bit
in #2 i would watch the crop as you have lost the bottom of her stomach

I don't think #4 is a very flattering shot.

Not bad for your first time though. I'm sure your friend was happy with them. And as said, watch the skin softening.

thanks guys...ill keep the contrast & softening in mind for hopefully later shoots like these...i had fun, the girl was willing to work with me being my 1st shoot of this type...she was also very patient throughout the process...the 1st 3 spots we had talked about shooting at were either way crowded due to an event in the area &/or construction being done to improve the area that we had scouted just 3 days before

auroraskye
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 02, 2013 19:30 |  #5

What a pretty mama! I appreciate the creavity with the concept and the fun colors here.. Overall, I feel like there is not enough focus on the belly, especially with the crops you're showing. Here are my individual thoughts:

1 - I'd back off the retouching and the contrast and saturation. The colors seem plenty bright enough without too much pushing. I'd also lighten up on the vignette and I think there could be a better than square crop. You've got some awkward cropping here, cutting off both the bottom of her belly and cutting her off right at the wrist.

2. Here, again, you have it cut off the bottom of her belly. Her head is dead center in the frame so you have all that building in the background that you don't need. Also, it would be nicer if we could see her hands versus hiding them behind her body. Also, similar notes about processing.

3. I would definitely avoid the selective color.. This one to me actually has the most focus on the belly but I would prefer just a color process.

4. Similar composition issues here.. At least we have the whole belly but with pregnant women you want to have them angle their hips the other direction, because it's more flattering. Also a bit over processed.

Keep on practicing!

I am super cool n' stuff.
http://www.brandithomp​sonphotography.com (external link)
Like Me On Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,007 views & 0 likes for this thread
1st Maternity Shoot - C&C Welcome
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.