Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 04 May 2013 (Saturday) 10:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Help

J ­ R ­ Mohan
302 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Joined May 2008

May 04, 2013 10:59 |  #1

Canon Zoom Browser program loaded on my computer has stopped functioning. It shows a message "ZB module has stopped working". I tried loading afresh from the supplied software CD but it did not help. The same message comes each time.

Windows Vista business edition is the op system on my computer.

Jai.

sponsored links
Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,499 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

May 04, 2013 15:56 |  #2

Did you UNinstall the prior installation first, before loading the software?

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

J ­ R ­ Mohan
THREAD ­ STARTER
302 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Joined May 2008

May 05, 2013 06:48 as a reply to  @ Wilt's post |  #3

Yes . I did but in vain.

Jai.

Wilt
41,499 posts
Joined Aug 2005

May 05, 2013 11:27 |  #4

Perhaps you accidentally deleted a file which is assumed to be included in the operating system software, but which is not used by the o/s itself (that you have yet to encounter), such as DLL. I would try to do a repair installation of the o/s (not a clean installation which eliminates your existing registry), to see if that helps.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

May 05, 2013 13:24 as a reply to  @ Wilt's post |  #5

Doncha just looove computers?

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2007

May 05, 2013 15:10 |  #6

Type the error message into Google and you will find the answer

My FLickrPage (external link)

Wilt
41,499 posts
Joined Aug 2005

May 05, 2013 16:11 |  #7

alann wrote in post #15900290 (external link)
Type the error message into Google and you will find the answer

Doing so will lead to helpful tips like those in this article
http://answers.microso​ft.com …08-4075-a504-109737e9ba88 (external link)

It could be as simple as "The ZoomBrowser error was corrected by deleting unrecognized file types from the "My Pictures" folder. The eventual correction furnished by Canon was hidden from me as a user. My thanks to Microsoft for helping to eliminate the problem and getting the software to work. Thanks! "

Reading another article provided in the Google search also yields
"To make a long story short, the reason ZoomBrowser was always crashing was because of an incompatibility with WCS color profiles in Windows Vista. Windows Color System is a new method for managing color in Vista. You can access Windows color management if you right-click on the desktop and select Personalize. Then click on Display Settings and then Advanced Settings… Click the Color Management tab and then click the Color Management… button. On the default Devices tab, you can specify a default color profile for the various imaging devices on your system, such as monitors, printers, scanners, etc...There are two possible headings you may see there: WCS Device Profiles and/or ICC Profiles. If there are any WCS Device profiles listed, such as the “sRGB virtual device model profile,” you will want to remove these from the list. Click it to highlight, and then click below on the Remove button.
Click on the Add… button. You’ll see a list of installed color profiles. Ignore any under the WCS list and scroll down to the ICC Profiles. Select “sRGB IEC61966-2.1″ and click OK. This returns you to the Color Management window. Click on the color profile you just added under ICC Profiles, and then click on the “Set as Default Profile” button. Then click Close. You’re done.
If a selected WCS Device Profile was interfering with ZoomBrowser EX, you should be able to launch the program and use it now. If the program still doesn’t open for you, there is likely another issue at hand, such as a corrupted photo file. "

sponsored links

944 views & 0 likes for this thread
Help
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.