Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive 
Thread started 30 May 2009 (Saturday) 14:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II

*Jayrou
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2010

May 05, 2013 19:02 as a reply to  @ post 15894955 |  #2626

One from yesterday, a brief respite from the torrential rain.

Used a Big Stopper and 2 stop soft grad, 3 shifted shots

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

sponsored links
M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,272 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Dec 2010

May 05, 2013 19:55 |  #2627

That's a very cool shot, Jayrou. Where is that awesome place?

Mark J.
Gear

ken2000ac
Goldmember
1,389 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 06, 2013 01:36 |  #2628

*Jayrou wrote in post #15900921 (external link)
One from yesterday, a brief respite from the torrential rain.

Used a Big Stopper and 2 stop soft grad, 3 shifted shots

IMAGE NOT FOUND
| Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

Sorry to hear the weather isn't playing ball. But this one is excellent - and manages to stand on its own among the others I've seen of this place.

flickr (external link)
5DSR | 5D II | 1N RS | TS-E 24L II | 85L II | 135L | 2X III

*Jayrou
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 06, 2013 03:45 |  #2629

M_Six wrote in post #15901108 (external link)
That's a very cool shot, Jayrou. Where is that awesome place?

Thanks Mark , its Skogafoss in South Iceland, one of the most photographed due to its ease of access and lucky only get one person in the shot as its a well visited spot, second time here in Iceland, but a week isn't enough, I must come back on my own or at least with another photographer, drove 700 miles in 3 days in not even scratched the surface.

ken2000ac wrote in post #15901854 (external link)
Sorry to hear the weather isn't playing ball. But this one is excellent - and manages to stand on its own among the others I've seen of this place.

Thanks Ken , Weather been bad for 3 day but we got clear skies today..:D , yeah its well photographed this place eh?, I couldn't get close to Seljalandsfoss last year due to heavy snow, the road was totally inaccessible if you wasnt in a superjeep, so drove to that and as Skoga was only 10 minutes away it would have been rude not to pay a visit too.:)

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,272 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 06, 2013 07:45 |  #2630

Need to get to Iceland one day. And you're right, it needs to be with another photographer or alone. Wifey's not big on standing around while I get my perfect shot.

I like the presence of the one person in your image. It lends a sense of solitude as well as scale.

Mark J.
Gear

Arob1000
823 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2012

May 06, 2013 12:49 |  #2631

Here's the first shot I took with my TS-E 24, very happy with the sharpness of the photos this thing takes. It'll take me a while to get used to everything but I spend a couple hours with it yesterday and got a good feel for what it can do. The pano's the shift function can make is really nice but it can be a bit overwhelming at first.

Quick question, I did notice some vignetting when shifting all the way to one side (either left or right). I had been using Lee filters which I guess could be the cause, what's the best way to get around this?

When you guys do a shift pano, how many degrees do you shift between pictures? Is it best to go all the way to one side, center, and all the way to the other or more photos with smaller increments between them.

I'll post some more shots from yesterday soon, there was a really nice sunset in SF.

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8393/8712585107_6afca21540_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …aron_robinson/8​712585107/  (external link)
Mile Rock Beach (external link) by Arob1000 (external link), on Flickr

Website (external link) :cool:500px (external link) :cool: Flickr (external link) :cool: Facebook (external link) :cool:Blog (external link):cool:

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
12,548 posts
Gallery: 583 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

May 06, 2013 13:35 |  #2632

Arob, there is vignetting with this lens at maximum shift. Saying fthat though I still do maximum shift in each direction and centre when taking 3 shots for a pano

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket
CV15 | Loxia 21 | Batis 25 | CV40 | Batis 85

4g63photo
Goldmember
2,742 posts
Joined Dec 2005

May 06, 2013 13:55 |  #2633

Beautiful shots everyone. How long does it take to set up the lens? Say once on the tripod, how long do you folks find it takes to get the right amount of shift/tilt?

-Fernando-
Gear List
Flickr (external link)

Arob1000
823 posts
Joined May 2012

May 06, 2013 14:35 |  #2634

xpfloyd wrote in post #15903443 (external link)
Arob, there is vignetting with this lens at maximum shift. Saying fthat though I still do maximum shift in each direction and centre when taking 3 shots for a pano

Thanks!

Website (external link) :cool:500px (external link) :cool: Flickr (external link) :cool: Facebook (external link) :cool:Blog (external link):cool:

jmarshphoto
709 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2011

May 06, 2013 18:06 |  #2635

Nice Ken. Loving that sky man.

No photo today. A good story though. Shooting seascapes a few days ago and got taken out by a wave. Fried the motherboard in my lens. It's toast. Luckily found a place around camp to have another one sent to and it should be here in 2 days.

The nut kicker is that my insurance company is playing hardball and want me to send it out to a service center and have an estimate written up. They can't really seem to comprehend me traveling and not being in one place for more than a week. After a good 30 minutes of arguing they said they would accept an email from a technician giving a statement that it is infact dead pnce the board is fried. Been on the phone for hours calling shops and finally might have a chance. Crossing my fingers :)

Ill post the photo that killed the lens in a few days.

If any of you are certified techs, shoot me an email :)

Thanks for letting me vent.

http://jmarshphoto.com (external link)
IG @itsjordanindeed

*Jayrou
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 06, 2013 19:10 |  #2636

M_Six wrote in post #15902326 (external link)
Need to get to Iceland one day. And you're right, it needs to be with another photographer or alone. Wifey's not big on standing around while I get my perfect shot.

I like the presence of the one person in your image. It lends a sense of solitude as well as scale.

Thanks and exactly Mark, The missus just sits in the car which put pressure on you, Well it did, but she can sit all she wants now, Get a mate or go on your own...;)

This is Seljalandsfoss,from the river Seljalandsá and drops 60 metres , its about 10 minutes away from Skoga, another Cliche long exposure slash waterfall..:o, The landscape is all flat yellow grass at the moment, it hasn't had time to recover from winter, unfortunately a few blurry people in it, but at least those posing stayed sharp..ish

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,272 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 06, 2013 19:51 |  #2637

Another nice one, Jayrou. Not into Photoshopping those people out of the pic?

My best friend's a photographer, too. Nikon, but I don't hold that against him.;) Maybe I could talk him into a trip to Iceland.

Jordan, sorry to hear about the lens. Getting your incredible shots comes with risk, I guess. Happy to hear you have insurance.

Mark J.
Gear

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,068 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010

May 06, 2013 20:56 |  #2638

Really cool shots Jayrou! Nicely composed. Is the second one also with the Big Stopper?

Sorry to hear your lens is fried Jordan. Hope you get it all straightened out. :)

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, CV 40mm, FE 50mm ZA, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

*Jayrou
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 07, 2013 03:24 |  #2639

M_Six wrote in post #15904722 (external link)
Another nice one, Jayrou. Not into Photoshopping those people out of the pic?

My best friend's a photographer, too. Nikon, but I don't hold that against him.;) Maybe I could talk him into a trip to Iceland.

Jordan, sorry to hear about the lens. Getting your incredible shots comes with risk, I guess. Happy to hear you have insurance.

Thanks Mark , I don't have the tools with me here I brought a basic set up mainly for storage, but I'll replace it when I get home.

David Arbogast wrote in post #15904971 (external link)
Really cool shots Jayrou! Nicely composed. Is the second one also with the Big Stopper?

Sorry to hear your lens is fried Jordan. Hope you get it all straightened out. :)

Thank you David , yes, the Big Stopper was used with this too.:)

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

Arob1000
823 posts
Joined May 2012

May 07, 2013 18:52 as a reply to  @ *Jayrou's post |  #2640

Here's a couple more when I was testing out my shift function. I'm really amazed by how fast photoshop merges photos from this lens together, it makes pano's so easy!
I was going to try to combine these two but the waves were super strong and the tide was coming in, didn't want to ruin my lens my 1st day with it!

I used a 3 stop ND, Lee 4x4 CPL, and Reverse GND with these shots. The top shot was an HDR, I'm happily surprised with the outcome of shift HDR's!

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7430/8715754251_fbb7c17d55_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …aron_robinson/8​715754251/  (external link)
Sutro Baths (external link) by Arob1000 (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7349/8715644837_ff4e33292f_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …aron_robinson/8​715644837/  (external link)
The Cliff House (external link) by Arob1000 (external link), on Flickr

sponsored links

1,280,180 views & 1,516 likes for this thread
Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.