Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

ThreeGuysPhoto
Goldmember
1,401 posts
Joined Sep 2009

May 03, 2013 10:43 |  #1156

I love and use both versions of the Cinch. The V1 on my 5D2 and the V2 on my EOS-M.

-Wayne
three guys (external link) | flickr (external link) | gear

sponsored links
MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 03, 2013 13:47 |  #1157

Has anyone tried the Cinch2 for cycling? I tried riding and attaching my RX100 to a Luma Loop, but it flops around way too much. Me thinks the Cinch might be the way to go for riding a bike. Can't test out that theory until next month.

My Gearlist

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 03, 2013 13:49 |  #1158

DarthVader wrote in post #15893025 (external link)
What he's doing ?

Looking for China. Dig deeper!

My Gearlist

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

May 03, 2013 14:13 |  #1159

:lol: both are great I think.

i-G12 wrote in post #15893319 (external link)
He's pretending the Cinch 1 is better than Cinch 2, of course, for all the wrong reasons. lol

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15894404 (external link)
Looking for China. Dig deeper!

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

Dj ­ R
Goldmember
2,988 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2009

May 03, 2013 14:51 |  #1160

both are great
I just prefer the v1.

luma loop should never be used for biking, the hw and the fact (as you stated) it doesn't hold contain the gear enough.

BAG Reviews, master list!
Tons of Sony gear
Some Canon gear

john_galt
576 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 05, 2013 13:38 |  #1161

sometimes i like to hang the camera around the neck so its right in font of my chest. does this let you do that comfortably if u want to switch or is it too long? im also using the herringbone handstrap

Gear: 5d iii, 17-40mm l, 24-70mm ii, 35mm 1.4 l, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm l, 70-200mm ii l, 600ex-rt

0.0f
179 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 08, 2013 06:44 |  #1162

Took receipt of my Cinch today and very happy with it. Really impressed with the quality and feel of the strap it feels extremly strong and well made. Will be using mine with a Custom SLR Mplate and C-loop.

Just out of interest when initially mounting it on the camera I found that I had some dye transfer on my fingers anybody else experienced this. Hope I don't get any on my clothes when I'm using the strap.

EOS 5D MK3 - 24-70 MK2

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2013 12:57 |  #1163

0.0f wrote in post #15910093 (external link)
Took receipt of my Cinch today and very happy with it. Really impressed with the quality and feel of the strap it feels extremly strong and well made. Will be using mine with a Custom SLR Mplate and C-loop.

Just out of interest when initially mounting it on the camera I found that I had some dye transfer on my fingers anybody else experienced this. Hope I don't get any on my clothes when I'm using the strap.

Received my Cinch II as well, first impressions are very positive. The quality is noticeably improved over the original Cinch (not that the original was bad, the new one just looks and feels more refined). Look forward to testing it out in the next few days and hope to report back with a mini review and some pics! Will look out for any dye transfering during my test! I did notice that the little ziplock bag that my Allen wrench and screws came in is alittle discoloured black from said parts, maybe that's where the dye came from?

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 08, 2013 14:47 |  #1164

We stopped using dyes back with the Loop MkII. We once bought leather that wasn't dyed all the way through, and went through a tremendously PITA process to dye the edges. It was messy in production and occasionally stained people's clothes.

Once our volumes got up, we've been able to purchase drum dyed leather that is colored all the way through with a color-fast dye that shouldn't stain. Neither should the neoprene or the webbing.

The wrenches, on the other hand, come to us absolutely COVERED in oil. We degrease them as best we can, but short of installing a solvent rinse station, they will have a thin layer of protectant oil on them. I'm thinking that is the issue.

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

powaysteve
518 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 08, 2013 20:45 |  #1165

What is the purpose of the two tiny screws that go into the bottom of the luma plate on the Cinch2?

GeeMack
778 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Sep 2007

May 08, 2013 20:50 |  #1166

powaysteve wrote in post #15912785 (external link)
What is the purpose of the two tiny screws that go into the bottom of the luma plate on the Cinch2?

I have the same question .......

7D, 50 f1.8, 17-55 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 II, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L, 2x TC III, 580EX II, 430EX, 568EX II, 622C
glmphotos.zenfolio.com (external link)

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,427 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Jul 2012

May 08, 2013 21:05 |  #1167

Safety stops. Screw them into the two holes at the bottom of the plate. They will prevent your camera from sliding off your clamp.

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 08, 2013 21:37 |  #1168

Scrumhalf wrote in post #15912860 (external link)
Safety stops. Screw them into the two holes at the bottom of the plate. They will prevent your camera from sliding off your clamp.

This.

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

Longy
34 posts
Joined Jan 2008

May 10, 2013 10:46 |  #1169

I have been using the Cinch 2 for a week now and I love the strap. I took it to a kids party at the weekend and I liked the way I could quickly adjust as needed, it holds my 6D a lot better than the Loop did. I never noticed a problem with such movement on the Loop until I started using it with the 6D, but I am suspecting that was because the 50D it was on before was gripped so guess the extra weight kept the camera from moving about too much.

Now the downside is I haven't really figured out how to use the quick links to my satisfaction. I put them on but felt it changed the way the camera sat. Also they aren't particularly quick release, well not compared to the release on the Loop. I liked the ability to take the strap off quickly. And also am not used to having the plate on the bottom so on putting the camera down a few times I have nearly given myself a heart attack when the camera start to tilt. Heh, will need to get used to that.

I actually think for my use as I rarely use a tripod it would be better to have a quick release plate, thereby removing the strap and plate, perhaps having a twist off instead of the screws needing the key.

I am going to have a play around with other locations on the camera, perhaps I would be best off using the top of the camera and not using the plate at all, but not sure that will sit as well as the bottom of the camera

6D, 50D, Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, Canon 40mm f/2.8 Pancake, Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 VC USD

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,079 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

May 10, 2013 17:27 |  #1170

Longy wrote in post #15918160 (external link)
I have been using the Cinch 2 for a week now and I love the strap. I took it to a kids party at the weekend and I liked the way I could quickly adjust as needed, it holds my 6D a lot better than the Loop did. I never noticed a problem with such movement on the Loop until I started using it with the 6D, but I am suspecting that was because the 50D it was on before was gripped so guess the extra weight kept the camera from moving about too much.

Now the downside is I haven't really figured out how to use the quick links to my satisfaction. I put them on but felt it changed the way the camera sat. Also they aren't particularly quick release, well not compared to the release on the Loop. I liked the ability to take the strap off quickly. And also am not used to having the plate on the bottom so on putting the camera down a few times I have nearly given myself a heart attack when the camera start to tilt. Heh, will need to get used to that.

I actually think for my use as I rarely use a tripod it would be better to have a quick release plate, thereby removing the strap and plate, perhaps having a twist off instead of the screws needing the key.

I am going to have a play around with other locations on the camera, perhaps I would be best off using the top of the camera and not using the plate at all, but not sure that will sit as well as the bottom of the camera

i too find that the plate is unnecessary for me so the question came to mind about the pod mount being available for the cinch 2. the answer is yes, they will be available around the time of public release of the cinch2.

i should be able to share this regarding the pod mount.

The new version has a very minor difference, it has a small hole and we run a split key through it to connect either the strap or a Quick Link.

We found that the old Cinch Mount (the black ones) could be really tough on webbing if the screw tightened at a point where the natural carry position would pull the webbing sideways in the slot. We also would have needed to make the size of the slot pretty big to accept both webbing and the Quick Link (we didn't want to need two separate parts). By using the split key, we solve both problems, all while keeping the mount small enough that running the camera in portrait mode isn't annoying against your hand.

Our old PodMounts (from the Loop days) are virtually identical, but they have a small slot instead of the hole. It will still accept a split key though, just like the new ones will.

sponsored links

274,644 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.