Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 20, 2013 15:36 as a reply to  @ post 15950326 |  #1186

Honeycomb grip looks fantastic! Maybe it should be considered for the stock strap rather than a separate add on as it does seen to be more functional and aesthetically pleasing.

sponsored links
0.0f
179 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 20, 2013 15:46 |  #1187

finalwish wrote in post #15950326 (external link)
way cool.. i do like the honeycomb grip look much better than the original.
how much will it cost to swap?

I've experienced the same issues when wearing a t-shirt etc. however, does this mean if I'd like a honeycomb version then I need to buy a new strap?

EOS 5D MK3 - 24-70 MK2

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 20, 2013 17:02 |  #1188

Greg has discussed some options but I can't speak on his or Luma's behalf without permission. All I can say is Greg and Luma will take care of you, worry not.

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

i-G12
Wat?
1,721 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Joined Feb 2011

May 20, 2013 17:14 |  #1189

Talk about opening a can of worms.

Now everybody wants to swap their Cinch 2 for the honeycomb? lol

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 20, 2013 18:08 |  #1190

Honeycomb grip looks fantastic! Maybe it should be considered for the stock strap rather than a separate add on as it does seen to be more functional and aesthetically pleasing.

The Honeycomb is now the standard grip for the Cinch.

It is a bit less grippy than the Block Pattern we initially launched with and the Block grip will remain in the line as an accessory for folks who are using the Cinch with lighter cameras and nylon outerwear (those fabrics are very slippery, so more grip is a good thing).

Don't forget, the Cinch is totally modular, there is no need to trade in your whole strap. We are working on figuring out how to make the Honeycomb available to those who bought pre-release Cinches.

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

mars1954
83 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2012

May 20, 2013 18:25 as a reply to  @ gakoenig's post |  #1191

That was fast it barely was released after all of those months of testing and now there is already a better strap?

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,032 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

May 20, 2013 19:44 as a reply to  @ mars1954's post |  #1192

I really don't care about the grip. in fact, it would be nice if it didn't have any.

just my own personal needs :)

Longy
34 posts
Joined Jan 2008

May 20, 2013 19:49 |  #1193

DTBaan wrote in post #15951268 (external link)
I really don't care about the grip. in fact, it would be nice if it didn't have any.

just my own personal needs :)

But I think that's the point, if you turn it round it has no grip, but it doesn't look great, the newer one looks better.

6D, 50D, Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, Canon 40mm f/2.8 Pancake, Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 VC USD

i-G12
Wat?
1,721 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Joined Feb 2011

May 20, 2013 21:23 |  #1194

gakoenig wrote in post #15950950 (external link)
The Honeycomb is now the standard grip for the Cinch.

It is a bit less grippy than the Block Pattern we initially launched with and the Block grip will remain in the line as an accessory for folks who are using the Cinch with lighter cameras and nylon outerwear (those fabrics are very slippery, so more grip is a good thing).

Don't forget, the Cinch is totally modular, there is no need to trade in your whole strap. We are working on figuring out how to make the Honeycomb available to those who bought pre-release Cinches.

This is getting like trying to keep up with Apple's updates!

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 20, 2013 23:25 |  #1195

This is getting like trying to keep up with Apple's updates!

And like Apple, we can just ship you a new shoulder pad... Unlike Android where if you want the latest update, you get a whole new phone.

=)

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

Carpe ­ Lux
29 posts
Joined Aug 2008

May 21, 2013 01:57 as a reply to  @ gakoenig's post |  #1196

I just received my Cinch, complete with honeycomb as standard. Ordered on 5/14 and arrived 5/20. Given all the positive comments I've read here I had set the bar pretty high and at first inspection it looks great. I'll give it a thorough workout this weekend on the 5D mk III.

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,032 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

May 21, 2013 02:11 |  #1197

Longy wrote in post #15951284 (external link)
But I think that's the point, if you turn it round it has no grip, but it doesn't look great, the newer one looks better.

none at all, nada, zip, on either side. :P

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 21, 2013 03:03 |  #1198

Carpe Lux wrote in post #15952141 (external link)
I just received my Cinch, complete with honeycomb as standard. Ordered on 5/14 and arrived 5/20. Given all the positive comments I've read here I had set the bar pretty high and at first inspection it looks great. I'll give it a thorough workout this weekend on the 5D mk III.

You won't be disappointed :).

Seek
33 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 21, 2013 07:00 as a reply to  @ xeodragon's post |  #1199

I have the same problem with my strap and the grippiness as well. I live in Hawaii so am not wearing jackets and such. I always have my strap turned upside down and yes, it is pretty ugly with the squares up. If there is a way to switch the strap to the honeycomb (I got the prerelease strap as well) that would be so great...

If not I can live with it but it would be really appreciated and I would feel much prouder showing off my luma strap (I already got my buddy in SF to buy one - he just got his yesterday, bastard probably got the honeycomb one lol)

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

May 21, 2013 07:16 |  #1200

I'd like to get one with the Dallas Cowboys emblem :lol:.

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

sponsored links

269,460 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.