Started with this SOOC shot of an F-86F Sabre from the Planes of Fame Airshow at Chino, CA...
Ended up with this:
In no particular order, I had to do the following:
- Place the MiG in a dynamic position showing that it was going down
- Color correct both jets as the Sabre was shot on a cloudy day and the MiG on a sunny day
- "Shoot" off the right wing of the MiG, reposition it and put motion blur to it
- Motion blur the remainder of the MiG
- Create Fire
- Create Smoke Trails
- Create a glow on the fuselage of the MiG and the Sabre because of the fire
- Smooth the sky and give it a "Dawn Patrol" feeling
- Motion blur and Blur Tool the fire and the smoke
- Apply some Nik magic to the fire to give it some depth
- Apply a couple different gradients to the smoke so that it blended to the fire and varied the density.
- Apply some Nik magic to the Sabre
- Selectively sharpen the Sabre
Jay, you're giving away your secrets. Much appreciated, thanks.